Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    I'm beaming everything from my Treo 650 to my Treo 800w. It's a pain, but my only option!

BTW, what the best version of Outlook to synch up a new Treo 800w, once all PIM info is completed? I'm havinh trouble with an older version of Outlook (Office XP). I may have to download the latest version of Outlook over the 'Net. I may have to uninstall and reinstall Active Sync as well...
    anyone know why my phone doesnt ring when i get a text message? It is set to play a sound for message received, but i still hear nothing. voice calls get rings, however. its weird. thx

oh also, is there any software that can do things like allow the led light to blink for calls or something? You would think that the phone would allow you to use the led and other features, but it seems they left so much out. thanks guys.
    Last edited by pearldrums287; 07/30/2008 at 01:29 AM.
    For LED blink try TreoAlerts or PhoneAlarm
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    For LED blink try TreoAlerts or PhoneAlarm
    ok thanks i will try those. where can i find these? i googled treoalerts, but am having a hard time finding a place to download. do you guys get most of your software from this site or where? thanks again
    ok i found treoalert here in case anyone else is interested http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    ok i found treoalert here in case anyone else is interested http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050
    There is also a TreoAlerts thread specificly for the 800w here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=TreoAlerts

Note that the display issues haven't been fixed yet so unless you can get something useful out of the truncated text in the carrier line you'll probably want to select "Leave My Carrier Plugin Alone" in the Display Settings Menu. Also make sure to select an alert setting since they are off initially by default.
    thanx hannip, your posts are very helpful. is there a free software that you would recommend that allows you to actually close programs when you exit them? or is there a good reason why windows lets 15 programs remain open? (im having to use mobile task manager almost as much as desktop windows lol)
    I usually don't worry about running programs unless it's gps.

Windows Mobile uses the model where it leaves things running until it needs to make room for a new program that's being launched in which case it will automatically close other programs.

I used to use CtrlKeyPro to quickly close apps when I really needed to. I haven't gotten it to work right on the 800w yet however. I know others use AE Button Plus but it's not freeware. Back in the day I used an app called MagicButton which is freeware and worked well.

I'm sure others will offer up what they use.
    I notice when you send text in chat mode it doesn't show your signature. Is there anyway to make it?

thanks
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have a couple of questions and comments about the battery/charging the device that I haven't seen asked or mentioned elsewhere

1) At work, I plug the USB sync cable into an adaptor that lets me plug into a wall socket. While the 800w beeps, and the battery icon indicates it is charging, the LED never lights up, and the charge is very very slow. As a matter of fact, usually, unless I have the screen off, the battery percentage will go down, although usually only slightly. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal? The same thing happens in my car, where I have a similar adaptor for the USB cable that lets me plug it into the cigarette lighter socket.

2) I charge the 800w overnight, with the standard wall charger, but when I get up in the morning, the battery percentage is often not 100%. It may be 97-99%, it may go up to 100%, and then it may go a little. I do have one email account that is set to update everry 4 hours, plus I have Pocket Express auto updating every 4 hours. I don't have Wifi on, and i don't have BT on. Should the battery percentage be fluctuating like that while it is plugged in?

3) As others have noted, once a connection is made to Power Vision, it seems to stay connected, although it does become idle. I have on occasion disconnected it manually, and although I cannot be sure, I do believe leaving it connected, even while idle, uses more battery, and I think this is one of the reasons why the battery percentage does not stay at 100% after charging overnight while still plugged into the wall. Could this be the case?
  11. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I was at a Sprint store toady, and playing around with a Treo 800 saw Onenote. Does this sync with Microsoft Onenote software?
    It does. I use it on the 800W, not the computer and the reason is 'cause I have never bothered to register Office, as I use Open Office.
    OneNote does sync with MS OneNote, but I prefer just using Evernote - far superior in every way - and totally free.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    anyone know why my phone doesnt ring when i get a text message? It is set to play a sound for message received, but i still hear nothing. voice calls get rings, however. its weird. thx
    I had the same issue, drove me nuts. But to fix it go into Menu, settings, sounds & notifications. under sounds tab make sure "programs" box is check and under that notifications (alarms, reminders) box is checked. You should hear a text sound now
    Alli, I am not hurting for space on my laptop; however, 50mb download for Evernote - wow, it must be a killer application. I use OneNote on the 800W to make notes throughout the day. I have played with syncing to the laptop; however, not being an Office fan, I rarely do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    2) I charge the 800w overnight, with the standard wall charger, but when I get up in the morning, the battery percentage is often not 100%. It may be 97-99%, it may go up to 100%, and then it may go a little. I do have one email account that is set to update everry 4 hours, plus I have Pocket Express auto updating every 4 hours. I don't have Wifi on, and i don't have BT on. Should the battery percentage be fluctuating like that while it is plugged in?
    I'd like to hear anyone elses thoughts on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I have a couple of questions and comments about the battery/charging the device that I haven't seen asked or mentioned elsewhere

Yep, apparently it will fluctuate...I have the same issue and took my battery to Sprint to be tested and it is fine. The service dude said this is normal behavior...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Yeah, normal :eyeroll:
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    I don't know if I can live without TakePhone... Can the 800w search by first name, company name and phone number like TakePone can on my 700p? -unknown
    Yes it can do all of the above from a Today screen.
    It really does not do it as described; the matching capability is nothing close to TakePhone.