Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I mean:
    a) I have a nice loud mp3 file.
    b) I test it in sounds and it wil blow your eardrums out.
    c) I assign it to Known Caller and test - VERY LOUD.
    d) Call comes in and I can't hear it at all.

I took another mp3 and increased the volume by 500%. Ridiculously loud testing it from Sounds preview, but when a call comes in....can barely hear it.

BTW, I had my 800w replaced about 2 hours ago, and it's the same issue on both.
    ah, I see. I thought you were talking about something specific to SMS. Mine sounds the same, preview or live call. Hmm. . .

I may have had a related problem, not sure, and never did fix it. I put about 20 .mp3's i made into the phone. They all worked in sounds, but I never could get a certain one to work as a ringtone (it assigned, but nothing came out during call), but all the rest worked.
    Last edited by bionicman97; 07/28/2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Add content
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    does skyfire work on the treo800w
    this is probably minor issue, but I do really miss the one-handness of POS Treo.

can I disable the typing sound? come on this is not a type writer!!! I don't mean to disable all the alerts or beeps, but just when I type the little "tap tap tap".
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    start>settings>sounds&notifications> un check the hardware buttons box
    does skyfire work on the treo800w
    yes
    thank you sooooo much gjxxerjockey. I probably should start a new thread. But I am just not comfortable with WM's calendar. In POS if I am in the "DAY" view I can click on it (or use center button) and it'll open up for me to edit and it's so easy to modify the date and time.

But in WM when I am in "DAY" view when I click on it or center button it only show me uneditable version. To edit I have to "Menu > Edit" and sometimes I have to stroll to see other fields. Is there a "page down" button? and with my finger sometimes I click on wrong field but with the drop down come on it's hard to "click" onto the next field!!! any better way to do this? work around? better plug-in?

it's just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 05gixxerjockey View Post
    start>settings>sounds&notifications> un check the hardware buttons box
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    When I get a call on my bluetooth headset how can I get it to play the ringtone of the caller through the headset? Also how do I get music to play on the bluetooth headset as well.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    When I get a call on my bluetooth headset how can I get it to play the ringtone of the caller through the headset? Also how do I get music to play on the bluetooth headset as well.

thanks
    I remember someone over at ppcgeeks had a program that sent the ringtones to the headset. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Oh I found what I remembered, but it was caller id over bluetooth.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t-finally.html

As far as listening to music. Use BTAudio program.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=58
    Last edited by hannip; 07/30/2008 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I remember someone over at ppcgeeks had a program that sent the ringtones to the headset. I'll see if I can find it.

sorry for probably asking a dumb question but how do I install that?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

Hannip to the save again! That is just plain awesome. Music on the BT headset.

By the way, tbaker..... Take that file that hannip linked and download it.
    Unzip it and take the toggle.exe one and place it into your windows/start menu/programs folder. Either via the computer or with (i think) a copy paste into the windows programs folder.

if you transfer it over by computer, you will need to make sure hidden folders are enabled... So you can see the windows folder. (tools--> folder options--> view--> show hidden files and folders.
    I have been using Palm OS for many years and just switched to Treo 800 today becase my Treo 700p died on me while I was out of town. I used Palm desktop to sync my contacts and calendar with my Treo 700p and never used outlook.

To transfer data I created vcal and vcard files and imported into outlook. Calendar entries did transfer without problems, however only 1 contact entry transfered out of over 1500.

Does anybody know what is the easiest way to transfer contacts from Palm desktop to my outlook, so I can sync my Treo 800?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    You should be able to export out of palm desktop to a csv file!?

Then import to Outlook.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post

Then import to Outlook.
    I tried that option, however cannot import it into outlook secondary it says that option is not installed
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post

Then import to Outlook.
    Not sure that's a viable option with many contacts. You're forced to map the fields between Palm and Outlook for each contact. I'm still looking for another option for my 500+ contacts.
    The easiest way is just to go to the Start menu on your pc, go to Palm, and then conduit sync - change it to Sync with Outook and then sync your 700 with Outlook.

If you are running an older version of Palm desktop, and don't have the conduit sync option, just reinstall your Palm desktop, and when prompted choose "sync with Outlook." Then just sync your 700 with Outlook, and your 800 will automagically get all your PIM data. Much easier than exporting anything.
    The easiest way is just to go to the Start menu on your pc, go to Palm, and then conduit sync - change it to Sync with Outook and then sync your 700 with Outlook.

If you are running an older version of Palm desktop, and don't have the conduit sync option, just reinstall your Palm desktop, and when prompted choose "sync with Outlook." Then just sync your 700 with Outlook, and your 800 will automagically get all your PIM data. Much easier than exporting anything.
    Yes. This would be the easiest way, however my 700p is dead completely and I cannot sync it. It is stucked in a bootloader.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Not sure that's a viable option with many contacts. You're forced to map the fields between Palm and Outlook for each contact. I'm still looking for another option for my 500+ contacts.
    Outlook doesn't make you map it for every contact.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

I ran across this procedure during a Google search, but you really simplified the steps. Thanks, I will give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    I ran across this procedure during a Google search, but you really simplified the steps. Thanks, I will give it a shot.
    I am glad that at least somebody can sync their contacts from Palm OS to 800. Unfortunately, my treo 700p is dead and I cannot utilize this option.
    TREOKING
    "If you are on a call and you conference another person in - so now you have 3 people on the call. After one person hangs up, are you able to make another conference call and do another 3-way call (without hanging up the first person)? I hope this makes sense. :-) In my 700p, this cannot happen. Thanks."

Can someone please answer this question? Thank you