Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    I notice that once you stop surfing the web it's still continues to be connected which drains the battery. Is there a way to set that to disconnect after you exit the web?
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I notice that once you stop surfing the web it's still continues to be connected which drains the battery. Is there a way to set that to disconnect after you exit the web?
    It stays connected but goes idle which from what I've been told and experienced does not drain much of anything.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    It stays connected but goes idle which from what I've been told and experienced does not drain much of anything.
    Really...My battery seemed to drain quicker today for some reason. I checked my internet and it had been going for 3hrs +.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Really...My battery seemed to drain quicker today for some reason. I checked my internet and it had been going for 3hrs +.
    There may have been something accessing the network in the background. If your arrows are hollow then you're idle, if they solid then you're not. You can disable your Internet connection, though, through Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Phone -> Services -> Data Settings. There's an 'Allow connection to the Internet' checkbox there. I'm assuming that unchecking it will keep one from connecting. I haven't tried it though.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I think he wants his internet connection on when he's surfing the web, but it should disconnect when he's done.

I think your best bet is to just try and remember to hit the disconnect button when you're done. There's probably a time-out setting you can change, though, to make it disconnect after a shorter idle time. Of course, if the connection is never idle, it will never disconnect.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I think he wants his internet connection on when he's surfing the web, but it should disconnect when he's done.

I think your best bet is to just try and remember to hit the disconnect button when you're done. There's probably a time-out setting you can change, though, to make it disconnect after a shorter idle time. Of course, if the connection is never idle, it will never disconnect.
    Writing a quick MortScript to disable / enable that setting might not be a bad thing... I haven't messed with MortScript yet but it doesn't sound like it would be too hard.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

as much as ppl on TC are analytical about **** i KNOW for a fact i cant b the only who feels like the IN CALL volume on the 800 SUCKS...it sounds SOO low u can barely hear anyone i keep havin to tell ppl to repeat themselfs n i feel bad i gota call back from a differnet phone, do i jus have a bad phone or is this a serious issue?
    In call volume is bad in a slightly noisy environment. This really needs to be fixed. There are existing threads on this issue already.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Yeah, I want user confirmation. Of course, none of this matters to me since I'm with Verizon, but I still want to know. LOL Something to get excited about in 2009, I guess.
    The customer retention team from Verizon(or whatever they call themselves) called me the other day because my contract expired. The girl referenced a recent email that said the 800w is scheduled for release on 8/22/08 along with several other phones such as the "Thunderberry" and another LG Dare. She was able to review some specs listed so I know she wasn't making it up. Just another month and we'll all have a new toy to play with
    My in call volume is outstanding. I frequently have to turn the volume down so the people around me aren't subject to both ends of my conversation.

Just the ringtone volume that still annoys the stew outta me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    It annoyed me as well but this thread helped me fix the issue for now.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168284
    My in call volume is outstanding. I frequently have to turn the volume down so the people around me aren't subject to both ends of my conversation.

hmm, that's interesting. Well I am hard of hearing so that may explain it, but mine is lower in volume than the other treo's I've had. I keep my in call volume maxed unless I'm using the speakerphone in which I have it set at min.

My experience mirrors yours as well. I'm going to look at the thread tbaker refers to to see if this will help with ringtone volume. As for incall, I've had to turn my down because it blasts me.
    Seems pointless to boost the volume of a mp3 or wav file when it plays more than loud enough as a known caller ringtone but not sms ringtone. The device shouldn't be fighting the original volume.
    does anyone else hear a crackle from the speaker when it's playing something?? I hope my isnt defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    does anyone else hear a crackle from the speaker when it's playing something?? I hope my isnt defective.
    This is a known issue... Try turning off the Wi-fi as a workaround.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    This is a known issue... Try turning off the Wi-fi as a workaround.
    yea that worked perfectly. i started googling after i posted and found some others having the issue as you said. turning wifi off seems to do the trick tho. weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    yea that worked perfectly. i started googling after i posted and found some others having the issue as you said. turning wifi off seems to do the trick tho. weird.
    I think the crackling is merely electrical interference from the Wi-Fi radio and/or circuitry....
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Seems pointless to boost the volume of a mp3 or wav file when it plays more than loud enough as a known caller ringtone but not sms ringtone. The device shouldn't be fighting the original volume.

What do you mean on the SMS? I am using a short .mp3 for it and it is as loud as my ringtones created in audacity.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    I mean:
    a) I have a nice loud mp3 file.
    b) I test it in sounds and it wil blow your eardrums out.
    c) I assign it to Known Caller and test - VERY LOUD.
    d) Call comes in and I can't hear it at all.

I took another mp3 and increased the volume by 500%. Ridiculously loud testing it from Sounds preview, but when a call comes in....can barely hear it.

BTW, I had my 800w replaced about 2 hours ago, and it's the same issue on both.
    Last edited by Alli; 07/28/2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: afterthought