Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    ^Download Skyfire.

+1 works very well. my only complaint so far is that sometimes when you try to use the quote button or smlieys on vbforums....it's a little flakey.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Thanks Dan. I Have been a 600p and 700p user only.
    I am seriously considering going to the *00 with windows. Is this a more stable platform or should I expect more of the same with buggy operation. Also what is the main thing I will be missing by switching.
    ive read through the thread and ive never had a pda integrated with the phone before, so im trying to find out this question..

is it free to use google maps with the gps? (w/o paying any sprint data, gps, plan) i would prbly be only using a voice and text plan.

also, I saw someone said that they got theirs for $250 from sprint online after their $150 rebate. when i go on, it shows that after a $150 rebate for renewing my contract for two years (since i am eligible for a new phone), the total is $350. how did you get it for $250?

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    my cousin n i both bought 800w as much as i heard batt life sucks so far mine has been lasting very well n his goes n drop real low within few hours...he have swapped batteries too, anyone know what it can be...same settings same everything
    What is the difference between signal strength at your house (or place of principal operation when off of the charger) vs his? The lower a CDMA signal, the more juice the phone uses to boost the signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    ive read through the thread and ive never had a pda integrated with the phone before, so im trying to find out this question..

is it free to use google maps with the gps? (w/o paying any sprint data, gps, plan) i would prbly be only using a voice and text plan.

also, I saw someone said that they got theirs for $250 from sprint online after their $150 rebate. when i go on, it shows that after a $150 rebate for renewing my contract for two years (since i am eligible for a new phone), the total is $350. how did you get it for $250?

Thanks guys.
    I don't have one yet, but people have been saying that GPS is assisted by the network, so I think you have to have a data plan to use GPS.

The final price is $250 after the $150 instant rebate plus a $100 mail-in rebate.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I don't have one yet, but people have been saying that GPS is assisted by the network, so I think you have to have a data plan to use GPS.

The final price is $250 after the $150 instant rebate plus a $100 mail-in rebate.
    oh i see it, it looks like that you can only get the rebate if you upgrade to a data plan of like 30 bucks or so more. is that right?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    No, you just need a plan that's $30-35 or more
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Yeah, it seems that you either have to get one of the plans that includes data, or get the data premier pack for $25. They always have some type of requirement for rebates, but a lot of people manage to get them anyway...it depends on who you talk to when ordering the phone.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    This may be a sprint issue more than a palm issue. Someone please check this for me. If you are on a call and you conference another person in - so now you have 3 people on the call. After one person hangs up, are you able to make another conference call and do another 3-way call (without hanging up the first person)? I hope this makes sense. :-) In my 700p, this cannot happen. Thanks.

Can someone with the 800w answer this question ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So I am willing to answer any questions you guys have regarding the 800w. I know, it will be here Sunday and/or Monday for some... but I am willing to answer whatever you want.
    Can the 800w make multiple conference calls? Is there visual voice mail? Thanks for your assistance.
    Is there a way to make the text message ringer louder? What browser are people using. How do download skyfire and opera mini?
    Where can I download Skyfire? I signed up for their beta 2, but it's unclear as to when that will start. Some people here have claimed to have Skyfire up and running on their 800w. Any idea where I can get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Is it possible to use the HTC Home Screen with this phone? If so, do you retain the ability to dial right from the home screen just like you can with a "stock" 800w?
    The 800w has the option to dial from the home screen built in. You can also have 5 pictures "favs" on the home screen as a speed dial if you wish. Very nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    Well, if anyone wants to know if I like the Treo 800w:

I do!

I'd summarize it by saying that if you take it for what it is and review it in isolation, i.e., you're not going to carry around two smartphones simultaneously, then the 800w is a great phone.

It is very fast.
    The keyboard is great.
    Call quality is fine for a phone.
    Battery life is OK.
    Screen is bright enough.
    It feels good in the hand and is no longer a brick to carry.

It's when you nitpick every little thing about the Treo 800w that you become a malcontent. But honestly, for us SERO users on the $30 plan, I can't name any other smartphone out there that gives the Treo 800w a run for its money. The closest would be older Treos. I've used them all, and I think I'm hardly the only person to come to this same conclusion.

Do I wish that the Treo was thinner? Sure, I'll take it if they can do it. Do I wish the battery life was longer? I'll always wish for longer battery life. Do I want a brighter screen? Who wouldn't? Do I see some wasted space in the design? Sure, I guess so. Do I wish Palm would innovate faster and more creatively, oh yeah.

But if you're a utilitarian, you'll appreciate the 800w. By this I mean that you go with whatever is the most efficient irrespective of brand and simply with whatever device works, you'll love the 800w.

So is the 800w the best Treo yet? Absolutely. As soon as a phone comes out that is the better overall smartphone, I'll be getting it. But the 800w is still easily the best one out there in its class, and now I kind of am seeing that there is no need to change the status quo if no other company can top what you're putting out there. I kind of liken it to the ipod or macbook pro. People love sexy, thin, and easy-to-use things. These items' design hasn't really changed for years now, which people moan about (including me). But no one has put together the entire package that beats these things yet, and again, I've tried them all. So maybe companies that focus on touting specs and "the shiny" while neglecting the user experience should share in some of the blame.
    Nicely said. I agree with what you've written. However, I like the Treo form factor. I have an iPod Touch, and love it for what it is, but that is not what I want in a phone. This is hands down the best Treo yet, and I've used/owned the 650, 700p, 755p, and still have my Centro as a backup device now. Maybe I'm just lucky, but thus far mine just works pretty much flawlessly too. I'm totally happy with what Palm and Sprint have offered us here.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Quick Reply:

I ordered mine from Sprint (on sunday) for $350 then I get the 150 mail-in rebate, so $250 final cost.

I do have a question though, I use My Treo 650 as my alarm clock by using mobileclock, since it had the best alarm that I could find (very loud, annoying, and easy to set).

Now that im upgrading to the 800W, im switching from PALM to Windows Mobile. Does the 800w have a good alarm or an alarm that you can custom the ringer (mp3)?

Or does anyone have a suggestion on a 3rd party program for an alarm clock (or is there a windows version of mobileclock?

Thanks in advance. I should be getting my 800W by wensday or friday (3-5 days).
    The built in alarm works fine, although not particularly loud. I installed the Spb Time plugin, which resides on the Today screen. It has more built in sounds to choose from, that run longer than just a standard beep or ring. I also love that it has multiple times to choose from for snooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Clicking on the X exits the apps for me... hitting OK minimizes.
    I don't believe this is true. Go into task manager and I think you'll find apps opened that you clicked the 'x' on. The only ones that truly exit are the ones that have the word 'exit' in the menu or on the screen, such as Sprint Navigation.
    those of you with the 800w and sprint that went from a non-pda phone, did you really have to add a data plan to your service, or only for the rebate?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    those of you with the 800w and sprint that went from a non-pda phone, did you really have to add a data plan to your service, or only for the rebate?
    i can't imagine why you would want to own any treo without a data plan. it would be like buying a car without wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    i can't imagine why you would want to own any treo without a data plan. it would be like buying a car without wheels.
    Or steak without A1 steak sauce "Yeah its that good"
    I dont want to create new thread but wanted to know these questions. Basically I want to know if there is any solutions for below mentioned issues (things worked on Palm OS but dont work on pocketpc). Please someone atleast give their input like if solutions already available with name of app (hack), its impossible technically (I remember when SAG bluetooth solution was impossible on Palm OS so can someone verify technically if its really impossible)/ Thanks again for your help .

1. Speed Dial for Apps
    2. Call recording (not on speakerphone, I mean real solution like Callrec)
    3. error checking (##377#) or Safeguard?? (I hate to soft reset and dont know what happened).
    4. Any way to login to mysprint site or bring account info to vision.sprintpcs.com ?
    5. Overclocking software like lightspeed for treo 800w?
    6. Audible (on windows mobile side of treo 800w) and Kinoma, Ptune or any audio related app (on styletap side of treo 800w) play only mono audio on bluetooth headset, is there any fix to convert to stereo?
    7. Coming from articulation on Palm, what is best VOIP solution on poacketpc?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.