Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    everyone keeps talkin about the gps problem on this phone. are they talking about how in google maps it basically doesnt even work even if you do it by my location or by zip code kinda NOTHING happens lol is this normal?
    Not sure what problems, I know only of 2 issues...

1. GPS is network assisted, not standalone. So you need network coverage.

2. GPS signal strength is reported incorrectly on applications, such as TomTom or Garmin. It's usually reported with no signal bars.
    everyone keeps talkin about the gps problem on this phone. are they talking about how in google maps it basically doesnt even work even if you do it by my location or by zip code kinda NOTHING happens lol is this normal?
    Google Maps Does work.. With My location, and by Zip...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    does anyone know what happened to the little vcr button control panel that came up when you call into your voicemail like on the 700wx?
    Found them - and in the weirdest place....I went Menu>Speed Dial Options and highlighted the Voicemail speed dial icon, hit Menu>Edit>Advanced and there they were. I don't use the voicemail speed dial icon, but when I dial voicemail (set up as a contact), they show up.

Hope this helps. I'm figuring this stuff out as I go.
    i had a full day with the phone today and love it...only weird thing is it me or did nayone else notice that the volume on the ear piece is totally ****TY and not loud at all, two other friends complained about the same thing...anyone else?
    The earpiece volume was fine with me. I set my phone volume to the max.
    i had a full day with the phone today and love it...only weird thing is it me or did nayone else notice that the volume on the ear piece is totally ****TY and not loud at all, two other friends complained about the same thing...anyone else?
    I started a thread about this a few days ago. We're looking for reg hacks to increase the system and headset volume.
    Yep, I had to travel to Charlottesville yesterday and noticed 2 things that other people have reported.

1) earpiece volume is too low in a slightly noisy environment. Even at max in call volume I could barely hear the person on the other end. I didn't have my headset with me so I'm hoping it is better using that in the car.

2) when in a low signal area the voice quality from the earpiece degrades significantly.

My 700wx was better in both of these categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yep, I had to travel to Charlottesville yesterday and noticed 2 things that other people have reported.

1) earpiece volume is too low in a slightly noisy environment. Even at max in call volume I could barely hear the person on the other end. I didn't have my headset with me so I'm hoping it is better using that in the car.
    Depending on the ear piece, it doesn't get that much louder. The JX-10 was ok, but not as loud as the others. For some reason, sometimes the volume is reset, and you have to turn it back up again. Then sometimes it's not. The Jabra 8040 works good, but I think thats due to the ear gel directing the sound deeper into the ear canal. The phone can definitely benefit from a hack or something to increase sound all the way around
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I have a simple minded question. I have been a treo palm user since the first day of the 600p. My main screen is now and has always been the dial pad to make a call. On the windows models can you get the dial pad or do you have to stick with their main page. Can't imagine dialing from the keyboard.
    Dialing from the keyboard is so easy... You'll get used to it quickly.

Todd/Indy
    Found them - and in the weirdest place....I went Menu>Speed Dial Options and highlighted the Voicemail speed dial icon, hit Menu>Edit>Advanced and there they were. I don't use the voicemail speed dial icon, but when I dial voicemail (set up as a contact), they show up.

Hope this helps. I'm figuring this stuff out as I go.
    ahhh got it it was enabled but i disabled it then re-enabled it and got 'em back. thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    ahhh got it it was enabled but i disabled it then re-enabled it and got 'em back. thanks man.
    Glad to help....more glad I actually got it right
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I started a thread about this a few days ago. We're looking for reg hacks to increase the system and headset volume.
    And did you mention bluetooth stereo headset volume issue too. Even with SAG on Treo 755p I had loud music. On 800 its like 40% volume compared to 755. Tried everything to increase volume. I got Motorola HT820 and Motorola S9. Both are useless as I needed them for workout in gym. And volume on both headphones are so low when paired with 800 that I can hear loud music on gym speakers. Oh and the stereo headset that 800 came with is useless too . Only my calls on Jawbone 2 (new one) are loud enough on 100% volume. For music and movies I am out of luck.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    There was an ester egg on the 755p where, when you set a contact as a speed dial, after highlighting that spee dial entry and hitting the space bar, you could select the other numbers you had entered for that contact by scrolling down using the 5-way. Any chance anyone has found a similar feature on the 800w/WM6.1?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    There was an ester egg on the 755p where, when you set a contact as a speed dial, after highlighting that spee dial entry and hitting the space bar, you could select the other numbers you had entered for that contact by scrolling down using the 5-way. Any chance anyone has found a similar feature on the 800w/WM6.1?
    Press and hold the center button.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Has anyone found any Easter eggs, either legacies from prior Palm or Windows mobile phones, or something new to the 800w?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    my cousin n i both bought 800w as much as i heard batt life sucks so far mine has been lasting very well n his goes n drop real low within few hours...he have swapped batteries too, anyone know what it can be...same settings same everything
    Can you view vidoes from youtube??
    ^^Download Skyfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    I have a simple minded question. I have been a treo palm user since the first day of the 600p. My main screen is now and has always been the dial pad to make a call. On the windows models can you get the dial pad or do you have to stick with their main page. Can't imagine dialing from the keyboard.
    Yeah, I played with that on an 800w in a Sprint Store and was able to get a dial pad to come up (would really suck for dialing alphabetic phone numbers if you couldn't -- my work BlackBerry is that way). However, I don't know if there's any way to get it to come up by default.