Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    I was so happy(and still am) to have found the link to the the opera mini article on the left column of Treocentral..
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/op...now_avail.html

I installed the Opera Mini and my concern has been resolved.

Man, tapping a section on the page zooms that section in/out..
    Thumb-ing up/down the page scrolls the page...

Relatively fast!
    Tabbing(though limited only to 3 tabs) is an excellent feature,too..

Though not perfect, when zooming texts looks ugly

Tried oldnavy.com and check the credit card information, it went abso-lutely well...

Just wow!

Tried on IE, it ddidn't work as well...
    That's Opera MOBILE, not MINI. Please be careful so Mini users like myself don't get excited about the introduction of tabs in Mini.
    Well, if anyone wants to know if I like the Treo 800w:

I do!

I'd summarize it by saying that if you take it for what it is and review it in isolation, i.e., you're not going to carry around two smartphones simultaneously, then the 800w is a great phone.

It is very fast.
    The keyboard is great.
    Call quality is fine for a phone.
    Battery life is OK.
    Screen is bright enough.
    It feels good in the hand and is no longer a brick to carry.

It's when you nitpick every little thing about the Treo 800w that you become a malcontent. But honestly, for us SERO users on the $30 plan, I can't name any other smartphone out there that gives the Treo 800w a run for its money. The closest would be older Treos. I've used them all, and I think I'm hardly the only person to come to this same conclusion.

Do I wish that the Treo was thinner? Sure, I'll take it if they can do it. Do I wish the battery life was longer? I'll always wish for longer battery life. Do I want a brighter screen? Who wouldn't? Do I see some wasted space in the design? Sure, I guess so. Do I wish Palm would innovate faster and more creatively, oh yeah.

But if you're a utilitarian, you'll appreciate the 800w. By this I mean that you go with whatever is the most efficient irrespective of brand and simply with whatever device works, you'll love the 800w.

So is the 800w the best Treo yet? Absolutely. As soon as a phone comes out that is the better overall smartphone, I'll be getting it. But the 800w is still easily the best one out there in its class, and now I kind of am seeing that there is no need to change the status quo if no other company can top what you're putting out there. I kind of liken it to the ipod or macbook pro. People love sexy, thin, and easy-to-use things. These items' design hasn't really changed for years now, which people moan about (including me). But no one has put together the entire package that beats these things yet, and again, I've tried them all. So maybe companies that focus on touting specs and "the shiny" while neglecting the user experience should share in some of the blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    How do you do a hard reset with the 800w?
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(41108)
    How to perform a hard reset

If charging, disconnect your smartphone from its charger.
    Take off the battery door, but don't take out the battery yet.
    Press and hold Power/End .
    While holding Power/End, remove the battery for approximately one second, then replace it while still holding Power/End.
    When you see "Erase all data?" you can release Power/End. Press Up to confirm the hard reset.
    If a language selection screen appears, pick the same language you use in your desktop software.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    That's Opera MOBILE, not MINI. Please be careful so Mini users like myself don't get excited about the introduction of tabs in Mini.
    sorry..

now i know the difference.. thanks..

i'll just keep learning..
    This may be a sprint issue more than a palm issue. Someone please check this for me. If you are on a call and you conference another person in - so now you have 3 people on the call. After one person hangs up, are you able to make another conference call and do another 3-way call (without hanging up the first person)? I hope this makes sense. :-) In my 700p, this cannot happen. Thanks.
    Can anyone tell me how they get Rhapsody To Go tracks to work on the Treo 800W?
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Got mine yesterday. First gripe is how do I listen to music while charging the thing? I used my 700wx as an mp3 player while at work, and kept it plugged in so it didn't drain my battery. I also do a lot of heavy web surfing on it throughout the day, and plugging it in is pretty much a necessity. Is there an adapter or splitter I can get to plut in both the headphones and the charger? I really don't want to have to go buy a stereo bluetooth headset, I could already barely afford the phone, but I had to have it.

Also, I confirmed, you can play your music, turn off the screen using the end button, and your tunes keep playing. Awesome upgrade from the 700.
    I didn't see that anyone had answered this so here is a link to the Palm store.. http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

but I think I saw another posting somewhere saying they ordered this part and even though it says "in stock" it was expected after an inordinately long delay..
    how big is the screen on this size wise? how big was the 755p? is the fact that it has a 160 character limit a win 6.1 thing or palm tweaking windows again? cuz other 6.0 like mogul dont limit it
    is there an extended battery? is there a way to extend call log through registry tweak? why are people putting tom tom n other gps programs when the phone comes with gps n telenav? thanks im sure ill have more
    The 160 character thing is a standard SMS limit. Most phones allow over this, but split the message up. My 700wx splits it up, although to me, it looks like one message.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    i know this however in other wm 6 devices it didnt stop at 160 u can write a longer message n it would auto split at for the reciever this however stops at 160 n makes u start again, i wonder if thats a palm thing or wm6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    i know this however in other wm 6 devices it didnt stop at 160 u can write a longer message n it would auto split at for the reciever this however stops at 160 n makes u start again, i wonder if thats a palm thing or wm6.1
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=16
    A soft reset application should also be capable of being the starting point with a hard reset. I use mReset on my Centro to start the hard reset routine - means no batttery pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(41108)
    How to perform a hard reset

If charging, disconnect your smartphone from its charger.
    Take off the battery door, but don't take out the battery yet.
    Press and hold Power/End .
    While holding Power/End, remove the battery for approximately one second, then replace it while still holding Power/End.
    When you see "Erase all data?" you can release Power/End. Press Up to confirm the hard reset.
    If a language selection screen appears, pick the same language you use in your desktop software.
    does this phone do picturemail? is there a hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    does this phone do picturemail? is there a hack?
    Search for sMMS in this forum
    Ok, lets focus (lol), is there a non-camera version???
    I aint nobody, dork!
    everyone keeps talkin about the gps problem on this phone. are they talking about how in google maps it basically doesnt even work even if you do it by my location or by zip code kinda NOTHING happens lol is this normal?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So I am willing to answer any questions you guys have regarding the 800w. I know, it will be here Sunday and/or Monday for some... but I am willing to answer whatever you want.
    Hello, I appreciate your attempt to answer all these questions. Here are my two questions. First does the Spb Mobile Shell Diomand theme that worked on the Treo 700wx work on the 800w. I ask because of the diffrent screen sizes? And if not then can we find it some where? My second question is what abbout SU2U slide to Unlock? I realy liked that program. I have the most up to date version and it does not work on the 800w. Any info on when it will be available. Thanks in advance.
    does anyone know what happened to the little vcr button control panel that came up when you call into your voicemail like on the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    does anyone know what happened to the little vcr button control panel that came up when you call into your voicemail like on the 700wx?
    They are there for me.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson19401 View Post
    Looking for these as well...while messing around I saw something somewhere that I clicked thinking that would turn them on, but no go....