Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    To anyone using Pocket Informant:

Will the 320x320 screen allow you to view mini-text on the 30-day calendar view? I'm still using a LOOX 720 and have gotten used to being able to do that. I'm wondering whether the 800w or the Touch Pro will let me continue doing that, or if I'll have to live without due to the resolution on the 800w and the size on the Touch Pro.
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    Same here. I'm new to windows mobile and was looking forward to being able to admin my windows servers with the wi-fi, and remote desktop client, but I don't see it on the 800w. What gives?
    A poster on here said he had it, tried it, and it was cool. It needs to be downloaded, I have no idea where. Look for the thread, it can't be that far down...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I don't have mini text in the month view.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    What does it do if you try to select the mini-text option? Or does it not offer the option because it doesn't see a high enough resolution?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmh View Post
    What does it do if you try to select the mini-text option? Or does it not offer the option because it doesn't see a high enough resolution?
    Here are my settings screens and view of the month. Tell me if I'm not looking at the right settings.

Kash76

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The settings under that page are correct.

You can also go to the fonts/display settings tab and set the text size. You can go all the way to 1pt font size, although it isn't readable that small. The smallest I can actually read is 3pt. Also make sure ClearType is enabled (under the same fonts/display tab). Give 3pt a try and see if the mini-text kicks in. If not, I guess it wants to detect VGA before it will do it.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmh View Post
    The settings under that page are correct.

You can also go to the fonts/display settings tab and set the text size. You can go all the way to 1pt font size, although it isn't readable that small. The smallest I can actually read is 3pt. Also make sure ClearType is enabled (under the same fonts/display tab). Give 3pt a try and see if the mini-text kicks in. If not, I guess it wants to detect VGA before it will do it.
    Must be detecting VGA. Notice the day numbers don't even show up once I changed them all to pt 3.

Kash76

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I appreciate you taking the time to investigate this. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    np
    Kash76

Does anyone else hear a clicking sound during a call when they try to use wifi on the 800w? Also, is it not possible to get on the EVDO network AND make a call at the same time?
    Yep, not possible to use EVDO for both data and voice at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dadabhai View Post
    Does anyone else hear a clicking sound during a call when they try to use wifi on the 800w? Also, is it not possible to get on the EVDO network AND make a call at the same time?
    Yes, mine does that when wifi is on.
    Can anyone answer a couple of probably easy questions for me? I've never had a windows mobile or treo device before.

1. I like to use the phone alarm as a wake up alarm, but this particular phone won't allow me to use the included ringtones and sounds to play when the alarm goes off. There is a list of basic sounds to play when the alarm goes off and they all suck. Is there a way to get all the rest of the sounds or my own sounds to play when the alarm goes off, like move them to a different directory or something? Or do I need to download an alarm app?

2. Can this device use mp3s from the sd card as ringtones? I know my phones in the past havent been able to but I figured with a more advanced device there would be a way to do it. Either by playing them from the sd card or preferably putting them on the phone somewhere in the ringtone directory.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Most of the palm based ringers are midi based and that capability to play these files on a treo is custom. WM by default (alarms) does not recognize midi files.

At least this was my experience on the 700wx.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by b.ionian View Post
    Glad to hear about StyleTap- having to buy all new software was the main reason I avoided switching to Windows. My three favorite apps- will they run with StyleTap?
    Pimlico DB5
    Pocket Quicken
    QuickVerse
    I am also wondering about certain apps' compatibility with StyleTap. From reading http://www.styletap.com/faq.php, it sounds like QuickVerse may work. Quicken may work as well, but you won't be able to HotSync your data back and forth with your computer (not sure if it supports importing / exporting files via memory card). Same problem with DateBk5 / DateBk6 with regards to HotSyncing, and presumably DateBk alarms won't go off unless you happen to have StyleTap in the foreground when they do (unless the StyleTap authors did something really impressive with regards to detecting when a Palm OS app needs your attention).

One thing I haven't been able to find any commentary on is how well TCP/IP apps such as Blazer (which of course you'd have to figure out how to get out of your Palm OS Treo's ROM) and pssh work under StyleTap.
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 07/16/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen View Post
    Floating appointments are a fantastic feature of DB which you will not find in any WM app. I have searched. and searched. Pocket Informant does what you want, EXCEPT for floating appointments. You can have repeating tasks which they claim is sort of the same, but it is not.

As soon as I find a WM app that does them, I ll buy it. Are you listening, developers?
    Wouter

edit: oops. the snooze for an arbitrary amount of time is also lacking.
    Thanks, nispen. If I decide to go with (and stick with) the 800w, perhaps I'll learn Windows Mobile development just so I can plug this hole in the WM software offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Bummer. So scratch Pocket Informant for that as well.

I see that Agenda Fusion also has a full-month view with per-day appointment text, but it says "works best on VGA resolution display device" -- can anyone with an 800w see if it works and is usable on 320x320?
    Uhh, I read a rumor about a non-camera version.....true?? Im not jumping unless I can get it without a camera.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Anyone else having issues with silencing the phone with the switch and then turning it back on but no sound? The only way to get the sound back on is to soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    On 755p, there is a way to set up browsing where one can use his thumb/stylus to select lines of texts or scroll pages

I have spent some time already looking for that option on 800w.

Anyone?
    I was so happy(and still am) to have found the link to the the opera mini article on the left column of Treocentral..
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/op...now_avail.html

I installed the Opera Mini and my concern has been resolved.

Man, tapping a section on the page zooms that section in/out..
    Thumb-ing up/down the page scrolls the page...

Relatively fast!
    Tabbing(though limited only to 3 tabs) is an excellent feature,too..

Though not perfect, when zooming texts looks ugly

Tried oldnavy.com and check the credit card information, it went abso-lutely well...

Just wow!

Tried on IE, it ddidn't work as well...
    How do you do a hard reset with the 800w?