Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear about StyleTap- having to buy all new software was the main reason I avoided switching to Windows. My three favorite apps- will they run with StyleTap?
    Pimlico DB5
    Pocket Quicken
    QuickVerse
    savage1

im not nearly as experienced as most of the people here but today i changed a plan for my moms phone to the 450/everything plan and im planning on picking up the Instinct for her...the plan i believe is 69.99.

i havent bought or tried to activate it, but i dont see why that plan wouldnt work for that phone...theirs no way they'd make her pay more for her plan with the Instinct than me and my plan for the Mogul or,as of tomorrow, the 800w..

btw, i also got a nice 10% off my bill for the next 24 months...i did all my ordering through telesales and they were great about it. my situation was a little different since i esentially syphoned the refunds from one line to another...and they actually allowed it and told me if i had any problems activating my treo on the "non-renewed" line, to just call them and they'd take care of any problems or refund problems...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomomogul View Post
    savage1

im not nearly as experienced as most of the people here but today i changed a plan for my moms phone to the 450/everything plan and im planning on picking up the Instinct for her...the plan i believe is 69.99.

i havent bought or tried to activate it, but i dont see why that plan wouldnt work for that phone...theirs no way they'd make her pay more for her plan with the Instinct than me and my plan for the Mogul or,as of tomorrow, the 800w..

btw, i also got a nice 10% off my bill for the next 24 months...i did all my ordering through telesales and they were great about it. my situation was a little different since i esentially syphoned the refunds from one line to another...and they actually allowed it and told me if i had any problems activating my treo on the "non-renewed" line, to just call them and they'd take care of any problems or refund problems...

nomomogul-thanks for your take and information.
    Before I switch to another phone(it appears it will be the HTC Touch), I am going to give the retention department one last opporunity to give me an Instinct plan which is less expensive and in accordance with my needs.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I guess it's because you're on a family plan. I really hate how they redid the plans. It just seems pretty confusing. I liked the previous plans where the base plan only included voice. Everything else was an add-on. Now, they just throw the add-ons to the base plan, but keep the price the same, so you're forced to get things you don't need.

I also think that it's a huge mistake that they're limiting plan choices with the Instinct. That was their one chance to get some of the iPhone customers back, but they messed that up big time.

Yes, Account Services is the same thing as retentions. There should be someone there who can give you a better plan, but it all depends on who you talk to and how you handle the situation. I usually just say "I'm thinking about canceling to get (insert other carrier's phone or plan here), but I've been with Sprint for a long time, and I've always had great service, so I wanted to see if there was anything you could do for me to save me the trouble of switching providers" and they will usually come up with something. Once I just asked for a Treo 650 for free, and they told me no, but they changed up my plan to pretty much match what lnchbx13 has. His is a little better than mine, though. I'll probably be going through the process again soon to get 2 new phones, one for my dad, and the 800 for me.
    The salesman who was supposed to call me today and confirm the nice plan with the other phones(at this point an Instinct) never called.
    I will once again ask for the last time if they can come up with a fairer plan for me with the Instinct and/or at least confirm the $50 or so deal they promised me with 1000 minutes with any other phone.
    I will report when this issue is resolved.
    ps Thanks for telling me about your own situation-it does help and gives me ammunition when I deal with these folks.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have another question for all of you:
    Which one of the phones(I prefer touch tone) is the easiest to use as far as reading posts and replying in forums like this?
    I belong to a number of sports forums and forums like this one, and it would be nice if I am away from the house (and especially shopping with my wifewho can take forever deciding what to buy), if I could do something to kill time without too much effort.
    OH one last piece of advice

do everything online

cut out the middle man and go through your sprint online account

go to the "change plan" section,then click on any plan and click "chat with sprint" or something to that effect. you'll have to wait 10-15minutes,but when you get a person there just say "i would like to change my plan to the 450/everything internet plan" and they'll do it all there for you, with hopefully no problems

i believe their online until 7pm during the day? give it a shot tomorrow,i think its definitely your best bet. if anything also mention the problems you've been having with your plan and see if you can get some kind of extra rebate.

good luck
    also, i noticed you're mentioning you're on a family plan...

in my experience, it was better to ditch the family/shared plan as it only led to more money in the long run. the idea seems great, but it was always over in some way, and going with a bigger plan was pointless due to the extreme difference in the two phones on the acct (one is a 3 year old sanyo and one is a mogul...guess who's is which *whistles*)

so you may be better off changing your plans to 450/everything plans or 450/everything & 950/everything plan (i think it is)...depending on how much gets used on your plan by who...(if by family plan you mean multiple lines with individual plans then i guess disreguard all this lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
    I have another question for all of you:
    Which one of the phones(I prefer touch tone) is the easiest to use as far as reading posts and replying in forums like this?
    I belong to a number of sports forums and forums like this one, and it would be nice if I am away from the house (and especially shopping with my wifewho can take forever deciding what to buy), if I could do something to kill time without too much effort.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Is the 800w good for viewing, navigating and posting on message boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Is the 800w good for viewing, navigating and posting on message boards?
    Uhhhh..... http://treo.treocentral.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Got mine yesterday. First gripe is how do I listen to music while charging the thing? I used my 700wx as an mp3 player while at work, and kept it plugged in so it didn't drain my battery. I also do a lot of heavy web surfing on it throughout the day, and plugging it in is pretty much a necessity. Is there an adapter or splitter I can get to plut in both the headphones and the charger? I really don't want to have to go buy a stereo bluetooth headset, I could already barely afford the phone, but I had to have it.

Also, I confirmed, you can play your music, turn off the screen using the end button, and your tunes keep playing. Awesome upgrade from the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    There was an inherent problem with alarms intermittently not going off up to Windows Mobile 6.0. I really hope 6.1 has resolved this problem. Problem has been ongoing since Windows CE. It has been acknowledged by Microsoft and it does not appear to be hardware related. It has caused me to miss a morning flight once.

Tae
    I've almost missed a few flights as well.... and I'm the pilot! Had it set last night..seemed to work ok, but the sounds aren't going to be able to wake me up. Only one available that even comes close Alarm 5. It lasts about 3 seconds and, repeats about a minute later.

Will be installing SBP Time soon. Hope it works.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    OH one last piece of advice

do everything online

cut out the middle man and go through your sprint online account

go to the "change plan" section,then click on any plan and click "chat with sprint" or something to that effect. you'll have to wait 10-15minutes,but when you get a person there just say "i would like to change my plan to the 450/everything internet plan" and they'll do it all there for you, with hopefully no problems

I believe their online until 7pm during the day? give it a shot tomorrow,i think its definitely your best bet. if anything also mention the problems you've been having with your plan and see if you can get some kind of extra rebate.

good luck
    I was promised a very good plan and have the id # of the guy who was supposed to call me last night and did not;thats where I will start momentarily with Account Service Department.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    also, i noticed you're mentioning you're on a family plan...

in my experience, it was better to ditch the family/shared plan as it only led to more money in the long run. the idea seems great, but it was always over in some way, and going with a bigger plan was pointless due to the extreme difference in the two phones on the acct (one is a 3 year old sanyo and one is a mogul...guess who's is which *whistles*)

so you may be better off changing your plans to 450/everything plans or 450/everything & 950/everything plan (i think it is)...depending on how much gets used on your plan by who...(if by family plan you mean multiple lines with individual plans then i guess disreguard all this lol)

I have gone through this already, and in terms of my needs and those of the other two folks sharing the line, it would cost even more than I paid before.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Sorry if it's been asked, but i'm fairly sure i read all the posts in this thread and didn't see it. How loud is the ringers on this compared to say the mogul? I've had that and that was the biggest gripe i've had with it was how the ringer, even on the highest volume setting, was never loud enough for me.
    On 755p, there is a way to set up browsing where one can use his thumb/stylus to select lines of texts or scroll pages

I have spent some time already looking for that option on 800w.

Anyone?
    This is a very elementary question: how do I go about installing Java on the 800w? Do I need Java on the phone to install Opera?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dadabhai View Post
    This is a very elementary question: how do I go about installing Java on the 800w? Do I need Java on the phone to install Opera?
    Yes, you will need Java for Opera Mini, you will not need Java for Opera Mobile.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It appears that finally the problem is solved.
    I just got off the phone with Sprint Retention.
    I will get the 1000 shared minutes for $50.00+$10 for the third line.
    I will have unlimited internet and tv on my phone for $25 more;the other phones will have phone access only unless I change their plan.
    I will exchange the Instinct tomorrow for what appears to be the HTC Touch, as it seems in terms of my needs, this is the best choice based on posts here and my own research(The Treo 800 is not available at my local store presently in any event).
    Thanks for everyone who responded to my question.
    This is a stupid question, but I have been using Today's Agenda on my 700wx for a while so I am not sure what the normal function of the calender is like. Is there a way to get the calender to show the birthdays saved to your contacts? Today's agenda let me see bithday's on the Today screen 2 weeks before the date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    I remember on the leaked spec sheet that it mentioned that the Treo 800W came with Terminal Services but I have the Treo and am unable to find it anywhere!! Can someone verify that it is there?
    Same here. I'm new to windows mobile and was looking forward to being able to admin my windows servers with the wi-fi, and remote desktop client, but I don't see it on the 800w. What gives?