Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.shimp View Post
    Just picked up my new Treo 800W:

So I woke up this morning and was the first one in line at my local Sprint Store (Clearwater, FL) at 10:30am. As I was waiting for the store to open one of the employees taped a sign to the door stating "Our systems are down and we can only do repairs). I decided that I was not going to go home w/out this phone today. I went in and asked if I could wait to see if their systems would come up and the said it would not be a problem however they had no idea when that would be. I milled around the store and played with the 800 that they had on display and immediately said "this is friggin awesome." At about 12:45 one of the reps called me over and said their system had come up and proceeded to ring me up. I was out the door with my new 800 for 349.99 + tax = 374.50 plus the mail in rebate. So far the only problem I see with playing with the phone is the cheap plastic Stylus (I have been using my 700wx's) and that I will need to get a new charging/dock cradle, and new car charger. This phone feels really light, the brightness issue is solved by changing the level in the settings, and now I canít even bare to look at my 700wx as the 800 has such a crisp clean display. I was able to synch up my contacts and email from my exchanage server w/no problem. Hopefully Sprint and Palm will start up the ad campaign as this so far is an awesome device

good to hear that you've got yours and that you've like it.

(1)How is the EXPRESS app running?
    (2)Are you able to hide/mask contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    The PIE One-Handed reg hack works very well. You can search TC for the code.
    Cool, thanks -- didn't know about that.

One more question I have -- not 800w-specific (except as relates to 320x320 resolution support for the app in question), but on my 700p I use Pimlico's DateBK6 instead of Palm's built-in Calendar application.

DateBk6 features that I rely on:

1. Month view with text of events listed (with truncation) within each day's rectangle, rather than just some sort of icon or bar graph on days that have events.
    2. "Floating" events which give an alarm at the same time every day until checked off as done (without having to be put in the calendar as a daily repeating event that'll show up on every day in month view).
    3. Ability to snooze events for an arbitrary amount of time.

I took a look at a couple of Windows Mobile calendar replacement programs but did not see these features. Does anyone know of there's any software that would give me some or all of these features that I rely on on my Palm OS Treo?
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 07/13/2008 at 02:20 PM.
    I might get burned for this but can someone please let me know what java application I should install for treo 800w for opera mini to work with it? I searched for java for treo and found so many applications mostly from other developers. I thought java was from IBM. What version name and number should work for opera mini on treo 800w with treo keyboard? Any specific download would be a big help.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Use Esmertec Jbed. I'm using an older version on my 800w but this one should work just fine & it's a newer build too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564
  5. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I might get burned for this but can someone please let me know what java application I should install for treo 800w for opera mini to work with it? I searched for java for treo and found so many applications mostly from other developers. I thought java was from IBM. What version name and number should work for opera mini on treo 800w with treo keyboard? Any specific download would be a big help.
    Thanks.
    I am using:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97#post1484597
    I think someone was asking about Voice Command early.. It does work through BT. Just tried it, works pretty good too..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    hmm, you are the first to say that. So have you tried testing voice dialing over bluetooth with your treo far out of voice range? If that works let us know what headset you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    Use Esmertec Jbed. I'm using an older version on my 800w but this one should work just fine & it's a newer build too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=564
    Thanks a lot. It works now. I got an issue with scrolling a website though with using keyboard numbers 8 or 2. It works but when push 8 for example to scroll down it scroll all the way to bottom automatically. Is there any fix to it? Is it just me?
    Thanks a lot again .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, you are the first to say that. So have you tried testing voice dialing over bluetooth with your treo far out of voice range? If that works let us know what headset you are using.
    From what I've read, you have to have the voice command assigned to the side key on the Treo. Then you press and hold it, the beep comes up in the ear piece. Then you say what you want it to do, if it doesn't understand it will repeat in the ear piece. IF I say call Alice, it will ask me "Call Alice Work" Yes or No. If I say yes, it will do it. All of this is through the ear piece. I just picked up the Jabra BT 8040.. Its on sell right now at Best Buy for $49.99

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    That explains why you hear the voice commands in the earpiece since the BT 8040 does A2DP. I'd be surprised however if it's not the treo handset that is picking up your voice in this case. Try the treo from a distance test after you activate VC.

Also, can't the 8040 initiate VC by pushing a button on the headset? That seems to at least work with other headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    From what I've read, you have to have the voice command assigned to the side key on the Treo. Then you press and hold it, the beep comes up in the ear piece. Then you say what you want it to do, if it doesn't understand it will repeat in the ear piece. IF I say call Alice, it will ask me "Call Alice Work" Yes or No. If I say yes, it will do it. All of this is through the ear piece. I just picked up the Jabra BT 8040.. Its on sell right now at Best Buy for $49.99
    Try tapping the button on the bluetooth headset lightly once. Wait and see if the 800w gives you some kind of response/beep/etc, then give the voice command. Preferably try all this with the phone as far away as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    thnks,

I wish we could view the images right on/in the email...
    like in my friend's iphone..
    I think you can. They do not show at first, but after you click to have them show in that particular e-mail and they will show in that e-mail, not a separate viewer..
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That explains why you hear the voice commands in the earpiece since the BT 8040 does A2DP. I'd be surprised however if it's not the treo handset that is picking up your voice in this case. Try the treo from a distance test after you activate VC.

Also, can't the 8040 initiate VC by pushing a button on the headset? That seems to at least work with other headsets.
    Ok, if you press the button and hold it till it beeps twice, the phone looks like its going to voice command, the microphone comes up, but thats it. I tried several times leaving the phone downstairs and going up stairs to attempt to try and get it to work. Nothing. But when I have the phone with me, and hold the side button on the phone to initiate the VC, then it actually beeps in the ear piece, and it picks up the command. I apologize if I got anyones hopes up. I'll keep playing with it though.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rwalls3 View Post
    Try tapping the button on the bluetooth headset lightly once. Wait and see if the 800w gives you some kind of response/beep/etc, then give the voice command. Preferably try all this with the phone as far away as possible.
    Tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. I'll keep playing with it, and see what happens. I jumped the gun when I said it was working, I misunderstood what everyone was saying when they were asking about this option. Now I see what you guys are referring to, and I haven't been able to get it to work as of yet..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Thanks a lot. It works now. I got an issue with scrolling a website though with using keyboard numbers 8 or 2. It works but when push 8 for example to scroll down it scroll all the way to bottom automatically. Is there any fix to it? Is it just me?
    Thanks a lot again .
    With Opera Mini you can use left and right on the d pad to scroll through the pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    With Opera Mini you can use left and right on the d pad to scroll through the pages.
    IIRC, with Opera Mini the dpad moves the virtual mouse around and the numpad scrolls the page very smoothly.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to get SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 to change the theme color? When I do it nothing happens. When I go back to the option it is now unchecked.
  18. MBC
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
    Has anyone been able to get SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 to change the theme color? When I do it nothing happens. When I go back to the option it is now unchecked.
    There are bugs with SPB Mobile Shell 2.1, and I've emailed the company about them. As you had mentioned, theme colors don't work, and the text messaging icon doesn't work properly. When you tap the icon it will bring up Messaging, but unless you close Messaging out in the task manager, the icon will not bring it up again. Also, the icon counter does not work when you receive a new text message.
    A quick question about SkyFire: when I sign up for their beta, is there a waiting period? Or do they let you join right away? If not, is there somewhere else I can download the beta from?
    When will a docking cradle (nice if it had battery charger like the Treo 650 cradle) be available for the Treo 800w?