Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 586
  1. #221  
    I'm looking to upgrade from having the 700P for the last two years. From what I've read so far this phone seems like a good choice. At the risk of dumbing down the thread, I have a few questions that may seem like simple ones compared to the ones that already have been asked. Actually they have more to do with the WM platform than the 800W, although any actual relevance to the 800W is appreciated.

    1. Does WM have native support for PDF files or do I need a separate program? I have quite a few PDF's I use on regular basis on my 700P.

    2. Does the phone have the ability to play MP3 ringtones or will it need a program like Ringo?

    3. If I'm reading others posts correctly the pricing will be:
    $599 Base
    -$150 for 2 yr contract
    -$100 mail in rebate
    =$349 Total cost

    A few people have mentioned getting a total price of $249. Wasn't real clear if this is because of an additional discount or a lower base price. One mention was also made of a discount for telling the sales rep that you are considering the iPhone. I'm just trying to nail down what options I have going for me if I decide to go to the Sprint store tomorrow.

    The only downside I see so far is that it appears that SlingPlayer does not work yet with the 320x320 res. I would assume Sling would come out with a fix for this rather soon and would only be a temporary setback for getting this phone.
  2. #222  
    I was able to get the Treo for $290 (after discount price was $349, tax was $40-ish, and $100 mail-in-rebate). I was able to get this with the SERO plan with 500 minutes and unlimited text/data for $30. Overall, I think it was a good deal with the phone combination and plan.
  3. lnchbx13's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #223  
    I don't know how everyone feels about having a different brand car charger, but here is a nice looking Motorola one with a blue light for 4.95. I just bought two with shipping for $15. Sprint wanted 31 for only one charger.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
  4. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #224  
    For those of you getting the 800w for 249 (or less), how are you ordering it? In store, telesales, etc?

    I've been dying to get the 800w and have been with Sprint since 2000. My contract is up so I would qualify for the upgrade rebate.

    Thanks for the help.
  5. commo's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #225  
    I remember on the leaked spec sheet that it mentioned that the Treo 800W came with Terminal Services but I have the Treo and am unable to find it anywhere!! Can someone verify that it is there?
  6. #226  
    I ordered mine through telesales and got it for $199.99. I did mention that I was looking at the iPhone and saw that it was $199.99. (I was LOOKING at it, but not considering it for a purchase...looking at it for research...heh.)

    I'm hoping I can still get the mail in rebate even with a price as low as that.

    All the discounts they gave me were instant credits. I may end up getting the phone for $99.99 before taxes.
  7. #227  
    This isn't an 800w specific question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer when I google for it. Do the maps with live search support turn-by-turn directions as you're driving? I know Google Maps just provides a summary and its up to you to figure out which step you're on.

    Thanks!
  8. zeropcs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #228  
    HTC X Button? Or Large Start Menu? Are those working? This is just about the only app on my Touch/Mogul I like...
  9. #229  
    This may a duplicate question so pelase forgive me, but has anyone be able to access youtube on the 800w? Or will it require the same hack that the 700wx does?
  10. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #230  
    I thought of something I want to know!

    If you have an A2DP headset linked up, does the phone itself still ring audibly or only through the headset like the 700?
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.shimp View Post
    This may a duplicate question so pelase forgive me, but has anyone be able to access youtube on the 800w? Or will it require the same hack that the 700wx does?
    No, luck here. I can get TCPMP installed, just not the FlashVideoBundle, WM6 bitsis about no certificate. So in short, no YouTube, yet.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    I ordered mine through telesales and got it for $199.99. I did mention that I was looking at the iPhone and saw that it was $199.99. (I was LOOKING at it, but not considering it for a purchase...looking at it for research...heh.)

    I'm hoping I can still get the mail in rebate even with a price as low as that.

    All the discounts they gave me were instant credits. I may end up getting the phone for $99.99 before taxes.
    $199?! Oh man....I feel like I got ripped off . Is it too late to haggle the price down?
  13. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by dadabhai View Post
    $199?! Oh man....I feel like I got ripped off . Is it too late to haggle the price down?
    I bet he won't get the rebate, if he does kudos to him.

    It's the standard deal with the extra $50 credit they're giving per line to resign the contract. They make you resign anyways so take the money.
  14. MBC
    MBC is offline
    MBC's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #234  
    Just got mine this evening. It is very much worth the upgrade IMO. If you are even close to liking the Treo, you need to try this phone out at the very least. Took me 10 seconds to get on my wireless network at home.

    Most apps work fine with it: WeatherPanel, SPB Mobile Shell. Some do not: Treo Alert Pro 8.2. I'm sure those will be fixed quickly once our great forum programmers get the device in their hand. Oh yeah, the most important upgrade that I needed was for Bluetooth to work properly. It is absolutely flawless.

    BTW - I paid $349.
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by MBC View Post
    Oh yeah, the most important upgrade that I needed was for Bluetooth to work properly. It is absolutely flawless..
    Whaddya mean it works flawlessly?
    Can you make calls by talking into your BT headpone? I mean the one you are wearing in your ear. Can you initiate a new call from speaking into it?
    What kind a phone did you have before this?
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    For those of you getting the 800w for 249 (or less), how are you ordering it? In store, telesales, etc?

    I've been dying to get the 800w and have been with Sprint since 2000. My contract is up so I would qualify for the upgrade rebate.

    Thanks for the help.

    I asked for a rep; didn't call telesales directly; bought 3 (sprint math??, was told 134 each; hopefully that is correct.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    No, luck here. I can get TCPMP installed, just not the FlashVideoBundle, WM6 bitsis about no certificate. So in short, no YouTube, yet.

    I thought I saw somewhere that "youtube" was a feature? The boards have really been on fire since Thursday.
  18. rhauer's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #238  
    Any thoughts on corporate email. Is anybody using Goodlink? Anybody set up to wireless synch all PDA data?
  19. #239  
    Yeah, I just mentioned how the iPhone was $199.99...

    I doubt I'll get the MIR, but it's worth a shot. I didn't want to pass up the possibility of getting $100 more off for a possibility of getting them to give me a $70 discount instead of a $50 one (comes out to $179.99 as someone got here.)
  20. MBC
    MBC is offline
    MBC's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Any thoughts on corporate email. Is anybody using Goodlink? Anybody set up to wireless synch all PDA data?
    I'm using Activesync for Exchange Server and it works fine. Sync's email, calendar, etc. without a problem.

Posting Permissions