Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    1. Yes, the lights go off completely while on a call, as soon as you touch the screen, lights are back on.

2. I haven't been able to see how, I don't think you can though.. I'm still looking.

3. I'm working on it now

Question 1 maybe was confusing. Try this please, when you change the brightness of the screen does the keyboard brightness also change? Or is it just on and off like the 700wx?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Opera Mini CAN copy and paste. I use Ctrl Key Pro and MortScript.

Alt-C is assigned to a script that sends the copy command.

Alt-V sends a script that sends the paste command.

So you can copy and paste from text fields. (eg, want to email a link? Menu-enter address-current address-copy and paste the link in an email in Outlook).
    I'd love to get that Mortscript from you... looks like I have to install Ctrl Key Pro.
    You could control the key light brightness on the 750, but it was separate from display brightness. Had to change a value in the registry. Wonder if the 800w can do that also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Question 1 maybe was confusing. Try this please, when you change the brightness of the screen does the keyboard brightness also change? Or is it just on and off like the 700wx?
    When you change the brightness on the screen, the keyboard brightness changes as well
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    How's the page up / page down redraw speed in IE Mobile on the 800w?
    It is much quicker than my old 700wx.

Also, any way yet to do page up / page down in IE Mobile using the 5-way without having to hold down the option key?
    The PIE One-Handed reg hack works very well. You can search TC for the code.

On another topic, anyone tried connecting to an 802.11 network with its SSID hidden?
    It allows you to discover Hidden SSID networks.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    When you change the brightness on the screen, the keyboard brightness changes as well
    That is the greatest thing ever!!!

Now, Skyfire anyone?
    Interesting. Guess it must be using the same driver for both now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hey skfny, have you tried Ctrl Key Pro on the 800w yet? I use it on my 700wx also and would love to continue using it on the 800w if it works.
    Will try it soon. This is one of the best utilities on my 700wx. Combined with MortScripts the possibilities are endless.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Does MagiKB work on the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'd love to get that Mortscript from you... looks like I have to install Ctrl Key Pro.
    You don't need a Mortscript to do this. The ctrl-v, ctrl-a, ctrl-c functions are built into Ctrl Key Pro by default. Ctrl Key Pro is just a repackaged reconfigured version of PQzII.
    However if you have Mortscript's that you use you can assign each to a ctrl key which is very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Make a file called copy.mscr and enter the following line for copy:

sendctrlkey ("C")

Create another called paste.mscr

sendctrlkey ("V")

Then assign these to the Alt+C and Alt+V commands, respectively, under Ctrl Key Pro- Programs.

I also have one for Ctrl-A to select all before copying. Give each script just a second or two to run, don't try to do ctrl-A ctrl-C right after each other since it won't work.

You can get creative with this. For example, you are logged into the Gmail page and see an email with a tracking number. Hit reply to transfer the email to a text field, select the tracking number, copy, then paste into OM's Google search box.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You don't need a Mortscript to do this. The ctrl-v, ctrl-a, ctrl-c functions are built into Ctrl Key Pro by default. Ctrl Key Pro is just a repackaged reconfigured version of PQzII.
    However if you have Mortscript's that you use you can assign each to a ctrl key which is very nice.
    Even better.
    There are more recent versions of PQzII for WM6 so if the old version used by Ctrl Key Pro doesn't work we can hopefully get it working with the newer version.

http://www.nicque.com/PQz/PQzII.htm
    How much worse is battery life when using push email from an Exchange server?
    I would really love to hear some feedback on the call quality.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kadayo View Post
    I would really love to hear some feedback on the call quality.
    So far, it has been a skosh better than my 700p or 700wx.
    How does email look? I still have a Treo 650 with VersaMail that sucks bigtime. I'm hoping for an improvement. (POP3, not Exchange)
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psacyber View Post
    How does email look? I still have a Treo 650 with VersaMail that sucks bigtime. I'm hoping for an improvement. (POP3, not Exchange)
    I am not too horribly impressed.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    So far, it has been a skosh better than my 700p or 700wx.
    Better for me on call quality. Had a nice 45 minute call with Dieter yesterday, didn't sound like a cell phone to me at all. I wonder what he thought about it.

Reception is FAR FAR FAR better. My house is a complete pit of signal quality (CDMA AND GSM both...) but this device is getting strong reception throughout... I can walk through the house without the phone dropping call signal OR fading in and out ("Hello?! Can you hear me? Are you there?" just doesn't happen with my 800w).
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 07/12/2008 at 11:44 AM.
    that's definitely new and a good idea...

though it may kill the idea of turning off the KB lights as the appear to be tied to the screen.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter