Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Charger, USB cable, Manual, CD, Stereo Ear Buds
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Two questions and one request for you please...

1. do the keyboard lights dim with the screen like the 650 did. My 700wx keyboard blinds me at night.

2. Can you setup the LED to blink for email, missed calls, etc? Palm disabled this functionality on the 700wx which drive me nuts.

3. Can you please try to send an sms while streaming something on EVDO and see if it goes through please?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I spoke too soon with SPB Mobile Shell...it won't allow me to change the theme color. When I hit OK it doesn't change it, and when I go back to the settings it is unchecked. But is sure does flip across the screen fast from using the finger gestures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Two questions and one request for you please...

1. do the keyboard lights dim with the screen like the 650 did. My 700wx keyboard blinds me at night.

2. Can you setup the LED to blink for email, missed calls, etc? Palm disabled this functionality on the 700wx which drive me nuts.

3. Can you please try to send an sms while streaming something on EVDO and see if it goes through please?
    1. Yes, the lights go off completely while on a call, as soon as you touch the screen, lights are back on.

2. I haven't been able to see how, I don't think you can though.. I'm still looking.

3. I'm working on it now
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Keyboard lights dim when the screen dims.
    Don't see an option for the LED settings.
    I can receive text messages and email while watching sprint TV.
    Anyone try PDA net and tethering? Just curious to see the DSLreports speed tethering EVDO-A
    How does Pico Drive (Genesis emulator) look? Does it even run at this resolution?
    How's the page up / page down redraw speed in IE Mobile on the 800w? I've been auditioning an HTC Mogul and it's pathetic how slow it is at that compared to Blazer on my 700p. (Worse on some pages than others, but always seems to be slower than Blazer.)

Also, any way yet to do page up / page down in IE Mobile using the 5-way without having to hold down the option key? (On the Mogul things are even worse than on the Treo WM devices, as even holding down the option key doesn't allow you do page up / page down in IE.)

On another topic, anyone tried connecting to an 802.11 network with its SSID hidden? The Mogul I'm trying will not connect to my US Robotics wireless router even though it supposedly has the ability to connect to hidden networks.
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 07/12/2008 at 02:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    How does Pico Drive (Genesis emulator) look? Does it even run at this resolution?
    I didn't try this emulator, but MorphGear's SNES module looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Could you please clarify what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gr2gztch View Post
    are you asking if it has a button to turn the phone off? If so the answer is no, when you press the power button it just turns the phone network off, but you can still use the device. you have to pull out the battery.
    yes, that's what I mean...

thank you.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Does Skyfire work?

If there is no soft reset pinhole, How do you perform a hard reset?
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Does Skyfire work?

If there is no soft reset pinhole, How do you perform a hard reset?
    Either software forced (Mobile Shell, Resco Explorer, Total Commander, Wisbar, etc) or... you have to yank out the battery. Seidio won't even be able to make a special cover at this point, there is simply NO hole to push in.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Either software forced (Mobile Shell, Resco Explorer, Total Commander, Wisbar, etc) or... you have to yank out the battery. Seidio won't even be able to make a special cover at this point, there is simply NO hole to push in.
    Hard reset, IE master reset...
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    How's the page up / page down redraw speed in IE Mobile on the 800w? I've been auditioning an HTC Mogul and it's pathetic how slow it is at that compared to Blazer on my 700p. (Worse on some pages than others, but always seems to be slower than Blazer.)

Also, any way yet to do page up / page down in IE Mobile using the 5-way without having to hold down the option key? (On the Mogul things are even worse than on the Treo WM devices, as even holding down the option key doesn't allow you do page up / page down in IE.)

On another topic, anyone tried connecting to an 802.11 network with its SSID hidden? The Mogul I'm trying will not connect to my US Robotics wireless router even though it supposedly has the ability to connect to hidden networks.
    Refresh is better than the mogul and wx, but not as good because it's PIE. Which is just awful as an internet browser (Opera mini would be GREAT if it weren't Java based and could copy/paste)...

Yes, it can see hidden networks (SSID's).
    If you just want a simple soft reset app you can use this one that I cabbed up a while ago. It is accessible from Programs. I put it on the today screen as one of my Resco Today plugin icons.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=12

It doesn't help with the hard reset tho, hmm guess I could create one for that if there is a need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Refresh is better than the mogul and wx, but not as good because it's PIE. Which is just awful as an internet browser (Opera mini would be GREAT if it weren't Java based and could copy/paste)...

Yes, it can see hidden networks (SSID's).
    Opera Mini CAN copy and paste. I use Ctrl Key Pro and MortScript.

Alt-C is assigned to a script that sends the copy command.

Alt-V sends a script that sends the paste command.

So you can copy and paste from text fields. (eg, want to email a link? Menu-enter address-current address-copy and paste the link in an email in Outlook).
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    Anyone try PDA net and tethering? Just curious to see the DSLreports speed tethering EVDO-A
    Really no reason for it, as BT and USB DUN are built in. The question though is if it will be seen as PAM to Sprint.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magic25 View Post
    Can you use the GPS and talk on the phone at the same time? Can you do anything else on the phone while the GPS is navigating?
    Yes, you can. Did it this morning. You can also surf the web while using GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Opera Mini CAN copy and paste. I use Ctrl Key Pro and MortScript.

Alt-C is assigned to a script that sends the copy command.

Alt-V sends a script that sends the paste command.

So you can copy and paste from text fields. (eg, want to email a link? Menu-enter address-current address-copy and paste the link in an email in Outlook).
    Hey skfny, have you tried Ctrl Key Pro on the 800w yet? I use it on my 700wx also and would love to continue using it on the 800w if it works.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Hard reset, IE master reset...
    Doode, sorry, just read the first part of the question... man do I suck!

No mention at all of a hard reset and I tried several combinations to do one.

Pulled the battery and held all types of buttons.