Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Can anyone do a full review and share their thoughts on the 800 compared to the 700wx?

Is it really a huge upgrade over the 700w besides the GPS feature and Wifi? Is WM 6.1 that much nicer than 5.0 besides the threaded sms?
    Is it faster moving around windows?
    Is internet browsing any better? This is where I think the new Diamond shines and i am very disappointed palm didn't deal with this at all...
    How does the screen brighness compare to the 700wx? (I know it is sharper)
    Anyone have any pictures of the 700wx and 800w side by side?

I think this is a nice phone but does it really pack a huge punch compared to the 700wx? I am concerned I will be spending $250 for a little better form factor, wifi, and gps.. and pretty much nothing else except a MUCH WORSE BATTERY (currently have a 2250 mHA in my 700wx) ...is this all I am getting?

Thanks,
    all in due time...all in due time

the phone is not released yet officially but we will have a full review at wmexperts
    I could give you my full review if you want

TREO 800w is PEOPLE!!! I mean, it's blue.

Initial impressions... VERY light. Like very light.

It's quick too, and they preinstalled a ton of crap.

6.1 and 5 are pretty much the same, a few GUI difference, a few layout differences, and background stuff runs a little different. I was used to WM6 thanks to Ebag though.
    What I'm hoping for is that the bluetooth 2.0 works with my Pioneer car audio system (AVIC-D3) without having to download any additional software...like Jetware.

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 07/10/2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Im happy!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    What I'm hoping for is that the bluetooth 2.0 works with my Pioneer car audio system (AVIC-D3) without having to download any additional software...like Jetware.

IGO
    I would also like some feedback on this. I abandoned my 755p for the 700wx because that was a cheaper option than buying a new stereo/nav unit for my car (I have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 with its truly crappy BT-B200 Bluetooth adapter). As most everyone knows, the 755p wouldn't pair at all, and I was able to get the 700wx to function on a limited basis only with the assistance of JetWareMobile software. JetWareMobile seems to be MIA right now (complaints on their web site of payments made but no reg code sent), so I'd like to know where my next phone is coming from.