Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Still trying to get bluetooth to dial. By double tapping the button on the headset I get the mike to display on-screen and I hear white noise coming thru the bt earpiece but it doesn't seem to hear the commands. Using a Motorolla H700.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    They went to the store and bought it.....
    Nah, really? Your post was of zero help. My question was more along the lines of what they said to pick it up before the 13th.
    My store got 3 yesterday and we put one on display. The playbook says Treo 800w release was July 10th so we went ahead and displayed it. I played with it most of the night, though it was never activated.

We don't have a store manager right now so we went ahead and made our own decisions. Funny thing is that one of the associates is suppose to be an "advocate" for the phone and in the training they haven't even said when it was suppose to be release, plus he was suppose to receive a phone for training and still hasn't. Sprint didn't do a great job this time in training like they did the Instinct.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Still trying to get bluetooth to dial. By double tapping the button on the headset I get the mike to display on-screen and I hear white noise coming thru the bt earpiece but it doesn't seem to hear the commands. Using a Motorolla H700.
    1ptuser, i have the same experience with my jawbone. does anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Nah, really? Your post was of zero help. My question was more along the lines of what they said to pick it up before the 13th.

Apparently it was avialable yesterday, the 10th.
    Can you guys comment on camera quality or post some pics you have take with it?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Left softkey is threaded Palm text (which looks gorgeous in 320 x 320) and the Envelope under the OK button is indeed email. There might be a registry hack out there to reassign that left soft key and you can obviously reassign the email button to threaded text.
    There are indeed registry settings you can change to customize what the soft-key defaults are on the Today screen. This is a feature of the WM operating system and not something that Palm or Sprint locks. The carrier or manufacturer just set what the default they want is, but you can generally change it.

There are also some third-party programs out there that can do this for you. Sorry, I don't know of any off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Text messaging is now the default left soft key... I like that.

Is there any way to change it back to outlook email? I rarely SMS so thats now a wasted button for me.

ETA: see this was partially answered in the thread. well if anyone has tips please post.
    The red end button takes you to the Today screen, then turns the unit off. The 750 was like this and I didn't like it.
    Did anyone else notice that the 320 screen is MUCH easier on the eyes? Higher res screens are of course better. I never noticed any strain with my 700p and did start noticing it after a few weeks with the 700wx. They changed my PC screen around the same time so that may have done it as well.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the 320 screen is MUCH easier on the eyes? Higher res screens are of course better. I never noticed any strain with my 700p and did start noticing it after a few weeks with the 700wx. They changed my PC screen around the same time so that may have done it as well.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm

The 320x320 screen was the only good thing about the 700P that I had.

I have been waiting for almost two years for someone to get the 320x320 screen to work on a 700WX. If I could have that and the rom from the 800W I would just keep my 700WX.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    I'm wondering if there's a registry hack to just have the default WM6.1 threaded SMS instead of the Palm program. I much rather prefer having it all in one app instead of two seperate ones. I also don't like having the two seperate plug-ins for messages. I'd rather have one line with both email and SMS on it. I picked up my Treo 800w today, and there's a lot I really like about it, and a lot I'm going to have to get used to from the Touch.
    has this been checked out?
    I'm sure this is possible by disabling the Palm Threaded Sms plugin and making a few reg changes. It's funny how this has come full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm sure this is possible by disabling the Palm Threaded Sms plugin and making a few reg changes. It's funny how this has come full circle.
    Indeed... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  15. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I have to say, having just gotten around to bother to install the threaded SMS app for the 700wx that I agree with the man.

I like having threaded texts, but I don't at all like not just being able to pust to the side and move from my e-mail accounts to my SMS.

The base 6.1 one is threaded? I would like that restored I have a feeling...
    only reason I ask is I have been told that the palm app and sprint texting dont like each other
    Been using it for years without issues.
    that is good to hear from you hannip. what I was told by a coworker is that on sprint it will sent two to three copy's of the text to the person that you send it to
    I heard that too from a few people, but if it does it's very rare and might've been user error during installation of the hacked threaded sms. I don't experience those issues.

Since the app is already installed on the 800w there won't be any of those issues.
    thanks for putting me at ease
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast