Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I have been quite fortunate to have a stable device. I love my 700p and I love POS. I am scared to death to go to Windows Mobile.

Will browsing on the 800w be different from the 700p, and if so, what would the differences be?

How would I watch videos & movies? I currently use TCMP

Will the calander be much dlfferent? I use DateBk and sync to Palm Desktop.

How are emails handled differently, if at all?

Is there an option to use Grafitti? I use Mobile Write and love it.

Sorry for the basic questions but the 800w looks really good and I am a little nervous about a new OS.
    1. Browsing on PIE is years better than Blazer, personally. Having said that, Opera Mini and or Opera Mobile are better than both.

2. Errr, TCPMP is also on WinMobile as well as others like Coreplayer (which has a YouTube client built-in), Windows Media Player, Nero Mobile and so forth.

3. Calender is like Outlook on your PC. No big deal here. (Mac users like me use Missing Sync)

4. Advantage here is that WM6 Pocket Outlook handles HTML email just dandy.

5. Yes, there are 2 built-in choices, "letter recognizer and block recognizer". Most folks prefer keyboard.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I'm migrating from a 700p to an 800w, and have an additional question. Is it possible to migrate SMS history, and Call log history from the 700p to windows mobile?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Use Dashwire.com. You can sync your photos, videos, pim data and even some of your phone settings, then control it all from your pc. And it's free.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    I just synced my 700wx to my 800w in 2 minutes using Dashwire... good stuff.
    Dashwire is useless coming from a 700p. My PIM info is no problem, but I'd like to also transfer my 700p SMS logs, and Call log to my new 800w. Is there not a way to do that?

PS: Once I get everything moved to the 800w, I could really see the usefulness of Dashwire. Good find.
    Long time 700p user as well and thinking about jumping onto the 800w too!

What are the must have utilities/optimization apps that are a must for WM?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

I cannot get by without these WM apps:

- Microsoft Live Search (its like DA on steroids)
    - SPB Mobile Shell
    - WMWifiRouter
    - Resco Explorer
    - SPB Backup
    - Logmein
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

Good list here:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/showthread.php?t=166301

I think StyleTap is about to get a lot of business from Palm OS converts. The simplest way to try it out would be to dump all of your /Palm/Launcher directory into /Program Files/StyleTap. Run ST and it will generate exes for every app. Then see what works and what doesn't.

I use an embarassing amount of Palm OS apps even though WM freeware options are available just because the emulated POS apps are MUCH faster or easier to deal with. (eg, X-Man, YAUC, Metro, eReader, etc)