Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    arrrgh. called and found out that they placed the order but did not submit it. now when I call back again to place the order, they are requesting a sprint employee email address since I am on the sero plan. what gives?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I dont want to get anyones hopes up, but I called 1-866-789-8292 (number on the Sprint tracking site linked on the second page of this thread) and spoke to a rep who contacted the warehouse with my order number and assured me that it is not in backorder status. He was able to tell me the times that it was placed, processed and packaged, and states it is sitting on the dock waiting for UPS. I didnt mention to him that the site said "Backorder"...

So this means one of 3 things:

1) He lied.
    2) I am getting a surprise phone (although the site does say 800w)
    3) I am getting the Treo 800w

I guess we will know tomorrow... He did say that I can call back in a few hours when UPS has picked up because the tracking number will be avail. About 8pm Central (they are open till 10pm central)...
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    I dont want to get anyones hopes up, but I called 1-866-789-8292 (number on the Sprint tracking site linked on the second page of this thread) and spoke to a rep who contacted the warehouse with my order number and assured me that it is not in backorder status. He was able to tell me the times that it was placed, processed and packaged, and states it is sitting on the dock waiting for UPS. I didnt mention to him that the site said "Backorder"...

1) He lied.

I guess we will know tomorrow... He did say that I can call back in a few hours when UPS has picked up because the tracking number will be avail. About 8pm Central (they are open till 10pm central)...
    I like the sound of that

1) He lied.

Great news.

What time did you order?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beavk View Post
    Great news.

What time did you order?

1pm Chicago (Central) time...
    I ordered at 11am Pacific Time. So... my shipment is probably around yours right now!!

Wait. Don't get too excited.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Wait. Don't get too excited.
    I did start with "I dont want to get anyones hopes up...", I am just relaying the info I was given... Has anyone else called and researched theirs?
    does anyone have a sprint employee email address I can use? I signed up with the generic one and they are not accepting it now.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    First Post.. long time lercher..

I placed my order at about 1:00 est today.

I was just curious as to what your contract status was, and what sprint did for you with regards to price.

My contract expires in 4 2009, I got a price of 599 -75 plus 150 as a loyal customer. It appears as others are getting better deals, and I would just like to know what deals you are getting. I am a premier customer, and they just gave me two weeks ago on my primary line a free touch. I seem to think I could get a better price on this if I pushed the issue?

as a side note, If I had activated on one of my other lines on my shared plan, which is a new line as of last month, with 23 months left on the contract, I could have gotten the 249 (349-100rebate) price? What gives? The CSR said there was a glitch in the system, but he didn't seem to have any issue in selling it to me.. I declined (I can just see it now.. 300 for changing a contract which radio shack initiated, and then the price of the phone.. Indian CSR I'm sure could have gotten me in trouble...)
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    does anyone have a sprint employee email address I can use? I signed up with the generic one and they are not accepting it now.
    Yup.

Hector.H.Galvan@sprint.com
    I just called that same number. I ordered about 8:30am CST. They told me it was out of stock after putting me on hold. They claim that it isn't shipping tonight. Makes no sense that a 8:30am order wouldn't ship tonight but a 1pm order did. Hopefully they are wrong.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    I just called that same number. I ordered about 8:30am CST. They told me it was out of stock after putting me on hold. They claim that it isn't shipping tonight. Makes no sense that a 8:30am order wouldn't ship tonight but a 1pm order did. Hopefully they are wrong.
    I also want to point out that I called Employee Telesales (888-503-3078) to place the order because the regular Telesales rep wouldn't do it because I was on SERO... I am not sure if that is a difference maker or not...
    Last edited by ZEROpcs; 07/10/2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Correct Spelling
    i called 1.877.639.8351
    much appreciated! they ended up putting the order through after a long hold without an email address, but I will keep this handy in case there are other problems.

does the employee actually see how many SERO accounts were associated with their email address? do they get some sort of kickback or something?
    for those lucky enough to already have the phone-in-hand, what's the impression so far?
    I'm not sure what to think at this point.
    It's way different than my 700wx, almost too small in my opinion. Feels like a toy next to the 700. Cheapest stylus I have seen on any phone. The screen has a soft, mushy feel to it. Not getting rid of my 700wx just yet. I need to spend more time with the 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think at this point.
    It's way different than my 700wx, almost too small in my opinion. Feels like a toy next to the 700. Cheapest stylus I have seen on any phone. The screen has a soft, mushy feel to it. Not getting rid of my 700wx just yet. I need to spend more time with the 800.
    That is my ONLY gripe so far... that piece of crap stylus?! are you kidding me PALM!?! IT EFFING BENDS when I use it!
    I had one in my hand, but they wouldn't sell it to me.
    Who the hell uses the stylus on a treo???
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I wouldn't even ring up in the system, I don't understand how it rung up for others. I saw the error message when he scanned it in on the computer.