1.    #1  
    ill just be honest here....i am doing good if i get through the day and only have to restart my treo 700wx once. So my question is this....do you all think that the 800w running wm6.1 will have a better record? I am thinking about getting a blackberry just for this fact. My wife has one and i play with hers all the time and i have never had hers freeze on me. I know there are always pro's and con's to every device...such as...blackberry cost more (monthly wise).
    So let me know what you all think....thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    ill just be honest here....i am doing good if i get through the day and only have to restart my treo 700wx once. So my question is this....do you all think that the 800w running wm6.1 will have a better record? I am thinking about getting a blackberry just for this fact. My wife has one and i play with hers all the time and i have never had hers freeze on me. I know there are always pro's and con's to every device...such as...blackberry cost more (monthly wise).
    So let me know what you all think....thanks guys
    If avoiding a couple of restarts a day is worth $40/month for you, that's cool, but it sure wouldn't be for me.

Besides the cheap-nitude, though, if you get a BlackBerry you have to like what you get. No real customizations, no programmable external buttons, no wealth of add-on applications.... Really, no techno-geek abilities with a 'Berry. If rock-solid stable is your goal, then jumping from WM is the way to go. If you want any flexibility and enjoy tweaking at all, the RIM just isn't the way to go.
  3.    #3  
    good thought....

thanks.

yea i know the 40/month does suck and i wish that it didnt cost that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    i am doing good if i get through the day and only have to restart my treo 700wx once.
    That certainly doesn't sound right. What apps do you have installed? I can go for weeks without resetting my wx, but I usually pop the battery every other day to reclaim some RAM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    That certainly doesn't sound right. What apps do you have installed? I can go for weeks without resetting my wx, but I usually pop the battery every other day to reclaim some RAM.
    Agreed, if a 700wx is anything but rock solid you have a defective unit or you screwed something up with 3rd party applications.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I have gone so many weeks at a time without a reset that I have trouble remembering the last time it was done. The 700wx has been by far the most stable wm device and most stable palm I've ever used. There's been a general concensus about it's stability; but of course there will be problem units out there. I've generally heard positive things about WM6.1 and stability.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Like many users, I can go throught days without having to soft reset or having a lock up, actually I only experienced about 3 lock ups so far with this device. Also most of the soft resets I do are because I was either messing with some software or I just did it to do it once and a while.
  8.    #8  
    I think my problem is coming from seven owa...I use it to get my coporate email. I have used emoze...but for some reason that program doenst like to stay connected when installed on a treo 700wx. does anyone know of another program that I could try?