Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62
  1. gottspd's Avatar
    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
       #1  
    We all know that Sprint's planning on charging $249 for the phone, which I'm willing to pay. However, the retail price on it is much higher. I potentially have the $150 for being a loyal customer (but I think there's a stipulation that would require that I switch to a $35 minimum monthly plan (which is more expensive then my current plan - I have a $30 plan with $15 for power vision). In any event, even w/ the $150 off, as the retail is more than $400, I'd pay more than a new customer! That seems like a major slap in the face from Sprint. I've been a very loyal Sprint customer for years.

    I'm willing to pay the $250 that new customers would pay. How can I persuade Sprint to let me do so?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    We all know that Sprint's planning on charging $249 for the phone, which I'm willing to pay. However, the retail price on it is much higher. I potentially have the $150 for being a loyal customer (but I think there's a stipulation that would require that I switch to a $35 minimum monthly plan (which is more expensive then my current plan - I have a $30 plan with $15 for power vision). In any event, even w/ the $150 off, as the retail is more than $400, I'd pay more than a new customer! That seems like a major slap in the face from Sprint. I've been a very loyal Sprint customer for years.

    I'm willing to pay the $250 that new customers would pay. How can I persuade Sprint to let me do so?
    Ok, either your indignation is premature or you're just pretending.

    Is this the first time in your life (or in all the years you've been with Sprint) that you realized that a new customer gets a lower price (usually tied to a 2yr contract) than an existing customer (even an existing customer renewing)? This has been standard fare in the cellular industry for ages.

    Yes, it doesn't seem fair seeing that it usually costs more to sign up new customers (counting all the instant discounts and M.I.R's) than it is to keep your existing customers.

    Call in to C.S and speak to a sup and see what they say. I know folks who resigned for 2yrs, kept their existing plans and got the new customer price on the handset.
  3. #3  
    same price as long as you quality for the rebates.
  4. #4  
    So if I am am existing sprint customer and am eligible for the phone upgrade, how much will it be out of the store without mail in rebate? $449 or $349? Don't smartphones come with a $250 rebate not $150? I called telesales and they quoted me a price of $349 $249 with mail in rebate.
  5. #5  
    Its a standard $150 rebate/credit for any phone (you don't get more for a smartphone). The store may only give you $150 off (and you can probably send in for the $100 mail in rebate also) but if you order from telesales, they'll likely give you the $350 - $100 mail-in-rebate for a final price of $249. Some existing Sprint customers who are upgrade eligible I think have picked it up for $350 at the store (with a $100 MIR) but others have had issues with getting the store to match telesales pricing even though they are upgrade eligible. Its likely going to vary from store to store with a price of $450 to $350.
    Last edited by Marty1781; 07/11/2008 at 04:25 AM.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
  6. #6  
    Thanks. Also does telesales charge tax and how much for shipping? Do I need to change to a simply everything plan or can I just upgrade to a $25 power vision plan?
  7. #7  
    yes for tax, yes for shipping but they can waive at their discretion, u dont need to change plans/data packages
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
  8. #8  
    I was told by 2 Sprint CS's that existing customers get new customer pricing if they sign a new contract (which I'm willing to do). This was not the case in the past. However, I am also aware that calling Sprint is sorta like calling the IRS......you get a wrong answer 50 percent of the time.
  9. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #9  
    What option do I have? I have 1 year left in my contract.

    My Mogul is worth about $150 to $200 on ebay.
  10. kg6bki's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #10  
    I currently have the $49.00 SERO plan which expires in December 2008 with a 25% Employee discount which brings down my monthly bill to $39. I did a Chat with Sprint Today in the morning thinking what deal I can get on the 800w. The Full $599+ in my own opinion is not worth it…that can pay for about 6 months of service already…

    So the person told me that I could get a $150.00 Credit for renewing which would break down to $349.00 not including a $100 MIR. After the Mir it would be $249.00 I asked her if there was a loyalty discount I could get and they told me they could give me another $75.00 off bringing down the cost to $274.00 before the Mail in Rebate and then after the rebate the total cost would be $174.00. Good Price??
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

    Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I was told by 2 Sprint CS's that existing customers get new customer pricing if they sign a new contract (which I'm willing to do). This was not the case in the past. However, I am also aware that calling Sprint is sorta like calling the IRS......you get a wrong answer 50 percent of the time.
    I believe that what they mean is that you would have 2 contract and not renew your existing one
  12. #12  
    I just ordered my phone through telesales and my final price was $390.41. Here's the details of my order.

    $599.99 ................ Original price
    -$150.00 ................ Instant phone upgrade with new two year contract.
    -$150.00 ................ Sprint promotion of some sort. Probably same as in store.
    + $40.42 ................ Taxes. Tried to get this waived but unable to.

    Shipping and Activation were waived. Operator says the ordering system automatically waives ship and active. Operator says I should expect the phone early Monday but since I have heard of back orders, I am prepared to get it hopefully by friday. The operator said I needed to upgrade my data plan from regular vision to power vision at $25 though I was fully expecting that. My total service bill including equipment protection will be $65 a month for 350 anytime minutes which is enough for me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dierkes View Post
    I just ordered my phone through telesales and my final price was $390.41. Here's the details of my order.

    $599.99 ................ Original price
    -$150.00 ................ Instant phone upgrade with new two year contract.
    -$150.00 ................ Sprint promotion of some sort. Probably same as in store.
    + $40.42 ................ Taxes. Tried to get this waived but unable to.

    Shipping and Activation were waived. Operator says the ordering system automatically waives ship and active. Operator says I should expect the phone early Monday but since I have heard of back orders, I am prepared to get it hopefully by friday. The operator said I needed to upgrade my data plan from regular vision to power vision at $25 though I was fully expecting that. My total service bill including equipment protection will be $65 a month for 350 anytime minutes which is enough for me.
    599.00
    -150.00
    -------
    449.00
    -150.00
    -------
    299.00
    + 40.42
    -------
    339.42 != 390.41??
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14. #14  
    I guess that's the reaction that the treo is causing, it's starting by math, then what, women?
  15. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I currently have the $49.00 SERO plan which expires in December 2008 with a 25% Employee discount which brings down my monthly bill to $39. I did a Chat with Sprint Today in the morning thinking what deal I can get on the 800w. The Full $599+ in my own opinion is not worth it…that can pay for about 6 months of service already…

    So the person told me that I could get a $150.00 Credit for renewing which would break down to $349.00 not including a $100 MIR. After the Mir it would be $249.00 I asked her if there was a loyalty discount I could get and they told me they could give me another $75.00 off bringing down the cost to $274.00 before the Mail in Rebate and then after the rebate the total cost would be $174.00. Good Price??

    Yes - great price. I'm on the same plan (SERO 1250) but my contract isn't up until Sept. of 2009. The only difference between what you were offered and what I got is that I only got a $50 loyalty discount so my price is $199.99. I'm happy with that though.
  16. #16  
    The sprint promotion was only $100 not $150 thats why my math was wrong I also suppose to be eligible for the $100 mail in rebate.
  17. #17  
    Damn I could have gotten a loyally discount. O well. lol!!
  18. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #18  
    Anyone get a good price that has a lot of their contract left (I have 10 months left)...
  19. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Anyone get a good price that has a lot of their contract left (I have 10 months left)...
    See my post above.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dierkes View Post
    The sprint promotion was only $100 not $150 thats why my math was wrong I also suppose to be eligible for the $100 mail in rebate.
    Heh...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions