Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Yes - great price. I'm on the same plan (SERO 1250) but my contract isn't up until Sept. of 2009. The only difference between what you were offered and what I got is that I only got a $50 loyalty discount so my price is $199.99. I'm happy with that though.
    Wow that's great, and you were still under contract? Could you give me any tips on what you said to get that price? I'm past the one year mark on my two year contract...
    I got $249 with $50 credit after 30 days .Im good with that.
    I simply mentioned that I read about this $199 thread on the internet (and I mentioned Iphone).
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I am 1 yr into my contract. I am in my account. It is still $599.99. I am at the checkout button. How did you do it?
    I don't know, I loged into my account and selected upgrade phone, selected the 800w, 2year contract, and my pricing was $349 before the $100 MIR. If I can sell my Touch for $200 I'll pick one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    My contract wasn't up until July 2009 and I managed to get it for $150. $350 - $100 MIR - $50 (to match iPhone price) - $50 for telling me I would get it on Friday and it ended up being backordered. Shipping and activation fee also waived.

i really wish you guys would start getting the names and user id of these sales rep that are giving you these nice deals...

I am 1yr into my contract and i am not eligible for any discounts i called 4 times yesterday and even canceled my service.. i told them i was willing to pay $400! and they ALL said NO. i just bought a BB curve 1.5 months ago (paid retail!) and they want me to pay $600 again!...

i called back and Uncanceled my service.... dammn!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    Wow that's great, and you were still under contract? Could you give me any tips on what you said to get that price? I'm past the one year mark on my two year contract...

I didn't have to do anything special. All I did was call telesales and tell them that I wanted to upgrade to the 800w - that's it.
    This article made me nervous...it says you need a plan at least 70/mo or more. Anyone bought a phone after the official launch - so that's yesterday or today and got it with a plan less than $70/mo?

The Treo 800w costs $250 after discounts and rebates with a two-year contract. It requires a Sprint service plan for at least $70 a month, plus taxes and fees.
    www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-palm-launches-new-treo-800w-sprint-network-first-/2008/07/14/3545181.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    i really wish you guys would start getting the names and user id of these sales rep that are giving you these nice deals...
    Its reallly not a matter of getting ahold of a cooperative rep, its knowing how to talk with the one you get and say the right things (that's as far as I'm going to elaborate on that). I've been doing this since the days of the Treo 300 and each time, its always been relatively simple to get a great deal even though I've been in the middle of a contract.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    so I bought this crappy HTC touch in April. Reception is horrible. What should I say and will they take pity on me for this useless HTC? What am I looking at?
    I called up telesales and I asked for pricing on it. I was originally told $599 - $75 or $526. I said "no way" and I'd like to speak to retentions. I was transfered to a really nice guy who was willing to work with me. I told him that I was looking at switching to the iPhone, but I'd like to stay with Sprint if they could cut me a deal. He gave it to me for the new subscriber price of $249 which I thought was fair. Could I have played hardball and got it a little lower? Maybe. I thought $249 was a fair price, so I decided to pull the trigger. I'm trying to keep my stress down, so I figured another possible $25 off wasn't worth getting all bent out of shape.

Also, for any Long Islanders, I stopped into the Westbury store this morning and they told me that they can't sell the Treo's till Wednesday. Just wanted to save someone a trip.
    I think your position to bargain will greatly depend on your current spend and where you are in terms of your contract.

I bill over $100 per month and my 2 year contract was up back in June. I called retention to upgrade by 700p to the 800w. She offered $250 for the 800w plus another $15 off per month for the term of the contract.

BTW. I also think it helps if you set up your account for automatic payment. It's my personal gut feeling.

Tae
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am not having luck here. I called Telesales...THREE TIMES.

I tried three different times/ways to get a better price from telesales. I got nowhere. I tried just flat out asking for the "new customer pricing" when I called , I tried asking "what's the best you can offer me", and the final time I said, "I would like the $350 800w that I was offered the last time I called".

Nothing worked. Each time, I was told that $524 was a "hard number" that was completely "non-negotiable" (exact quote). On the final time I called when I said I was offered that price before, the lady wanted me to tell her who I spoke to because the information I receive was "false", and they needed to know who was saying that.

Sigh. Finally I just asked for retentions (last ditch effort) to see what they would do for me. Nothing. Same spiel as before...Hard number...can't negotiate it...blah blah blah. I tried pleading my case, but got nowhere.

Worst part? Technically, i've been with Sprint since like 1998 (had a pager with them back in the day...before cell phones). But in 1995, my wife had us switch to Verizon when our Sprint contract was up so that she could be "IN" with her sister. I didn't know much about phone deals at the time, and didn't bother to put up a fight. We went to Verizon for exactly TWO YEARS, and left as soon as our contract finished. Came back to Sprint. I told the Retentions lady that, too. She just gave me a "hmmmm...uh huh" response. She said all my old files were wiped when I left. I believe her, but that sucks.

Anyway. Since my "file" says I've only been a customer since early '07, they are fine with me "leaving". No attempt to retain.

I do do the "auto-pay" though. Never had a late bill or anything. But then again, no bill is over $75 (my wife and I both have SERO 500 lines). Guess that counts against me.

Long story short. I tried everything (multiple times) to get a better deal on the phone. Not in the cards for me.

K--
    I have given up on getting a deal on the 800w. I also tried Telesales many times. I also tried tech support, ecare, and retentions.

I am on the $30 SERO plan and I have many free perks and I think that this is why I can not get a deal on the 800w. I will be eligible for the full discount on 10/1 so I am going to wait and let everyone else fix the problems with the 800w.

For now I have my 700wx with ebag333's WM 6.0 trimmed rom and happy (for now).
    I tried to found it under "contact" but didn't see it. Where is ecare's contact information?

I have two lines both out of contract so we'll see if I can get 800w, but the wife want a iPhone. I told her tPhone is pretty good ;-) "t" for Treo

Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I tried to get the upgrade via ecare. No luck this time. It looks like it is time to use insurance to replace my 700wx as I have a few more months on it.

Thank you for emailing Sprint. I understand your concern regarding the handset.

You are eligible for 75.00 rebate towards the purchase of a new phone and will be eligible for $150.00 rebate on October 01, 2008.

Currently, it is not possible to provide you the $150.00 rebate. I request you to wait till October 01, 2008.

The Suggested retail price for Treo 800W is $599.99. If you upgrade your phone after October 01, 2008, you will be eligible for $150.00 as well as online rebates.

I know that this reply will cause inconvenience to you. However, this is an honest answer from my side, as I do not wish to mislead you by making any false promises.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely,
    Grinch.
    Sprint

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Customer Name: sorry begger
    Sprint PCS Phone Number: 1231231234
    Account Number: 1231231234
    Form: Ask A Question-Manage
    Topic: Equipment
    SUB Topic: Upgrade/New Handset
    =============================================================
    Original Question: Upgrade availability
    Question: Dear Santa, I realize it is July and not December, but I know the new Treo 800W is being released on Monday. I currently have a Treo
    700WX and it is showing signs of age. The Dpad does not work correctly
    and the radio will lose its signal and cause the phone to not work until I reset the phone. I will not be eligible for the $150 upgrade credit until October but I was hoping that you can help me acquire the new Treo 800W. Christmas in July. =============================================================
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    ecare1@sprint.com ecare2@sprint.com ecare3@sprint.com or the best way is the contact us link when you are logged into your sprint account.
    I checked online to see if I was eligible for any discounts and my price was $350 before $100 MIR. My contract expires Aug 09. If my friend repays the money he owes me, I might have to jump on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    This article made me nervous...it says you need a plan at least 70/mo or more. Anyone bought a phone after the official launch - so that's yesterday or today and got it with a plan less than $70/mo?

www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-palm-launches-new-treo-800w-sprint-network-first-/2008/07/14/3545181.htm
    You do not need the $70/month plan. That's the cheapest SEP (which, IMO, is well worth it).

You only need at least a $25 data plan or an SEP plan to get the mail-in rebate. You can buy the phone with whatever plan you want AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizziko View Post
    I checked online to see if I was eligible for any discounts and my price was $350 before $100 MIR. My contract expires Aug 09. If my friend repays the money he owes me, I might have to jump on this.
    What!? My contract was expiring in January 09 and my price before the $100 MIR was $549.99.

I sent some e-mails to Sprint and got them agree to give it to me at $249 but still, how were you eligible for such a alrge discount so early without complaining?
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    I asked to extend my SERO contract for another 2 years to get the 800W for $249 after $100 mail in rebate. He obliged... my original contract wasn't to end April '09.

Hopefully I can fetch a healthy sum for my 755P.
    Just got off the phone with retentions.
    got the phone for 349 -100MIR and a $125 service credit to my account.
    i was about 45 days out from getting my 150 rebate and my contract isnt up until nov.

didnt really have to say much i just simply told them i was calling to inquire about the 800w price since my 700wx was getting pretty worn.
    I just called retentions and was able to get it for 249 + 100 MIR. Should be in my hands on Thursday.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast