Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I called and the only offer me 2 $25 monthly credit = $50.00, but still $340.. for the phone
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Yes - great price. I'm on the same plan (SERO 1250) but my contract isn't up until Sept. of 2009. The only difference between what you were offered and what I got is that I only got a $50 loyalty discount so my price is $199.99. I'm happy with that though.
    So you just called and asked how much it would cost or did you have to ask for stuff?
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Picked up mine for $280, with a 1 GB MCSD.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    So you just called and asked how much it would cost or did you have to ask for stuff?
    I just called and told them I wanted to order. The first guy I spoke with told me $349.99 minus the $100 MIR minus the $50 invoice credit. I told him I needed to think about it and that I would call back (I wanted to check some local stores first). When I called back I got a girl on the line and she offered me the $349.99 minus the $100 MIR (no mention of the $50 invoice credit). I told her that the guy I spoke with earlier had offered a $50 invoice credit for renewing for two years. She said no problem. It couldn't have been easier and she couldn't have been nicer.

Very off topic here, but I definitely have noticed a change in Sprint's customer service since Hesse took over. They are far from perfect but they have improved markedly. I think they need to do a better job with marketing and they need to get rid of the their reputation as a "discount" provider. Too bad they didn't get the iphone - that would have killed two birds with one stone. They would have gotten a ton of new subscribers and it would have given them a certain cache that comes with being associated with Apple. I know a lot of people think the Instinct is going to be their iphone but I just don't see it. I'm not hearing a lot of buzz (I don't even know one person that owns or wants one) and even if there was, the iphone has completely drowned it out. Maybe the upcoming HTC devices will save Sprint but they'll need to come up with a great marketing program that really gets the message out. I'll be rooting for them.
    Wow you did pretty good with the $50 invoice credit. I didn't even get that.

But then again I bought mine at the store so i'll live. I am going to try to get my job to pay for the phone anyways.
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Wow you did pretty good with the $50 invoice credit. I didn't even get that.

But then again I bought mine at the store so i'll live. I am going to try to get my job to pay for the phone anyways.
    Send an e-mail to e-care and and ask for it. I did and they gave it to me with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Send an e-mail to e-care and and ask for it. I did and they gave it to me with no problems.

Ok cool. I was going to try that. Thanks.
    $600
    -150 instant (directly off price)
    -150 22 month since last handset upgrade(directly off price)
    -100 MIR (taxable)
    -50 telesales discretion (as invoice credit, a doubt anyone who asks telesales has trouble getting this. If you do say "ok I will call back")
    -0 Activation waived
    -0 Shipping waived
    ----------------
    Net $150

Other
    - 70 per line loyalty invoice credit for resigning account*
    + 20 $30 sales tax depending on state's laws

If you are 22 months since last purchase this phone can be had easily for $150. If you are out of contract you can get a $50 to $70 additional credit per line for resigning. You can in your calculations apply this to the phone price, but those eligible get a $70 to $50 credit (by asking) even if they don't buy a handset so technically it should not be applied to the phone's cost in your own calculations. But the $70 it does increase the WAF (wife acceptance factor) as you can tell her that it is net $80.

a 4gb class 4 micro sd is $18 free shipping at kingston.com right now.

As battery life is an issue you will want extra charging options. For most of this this will be a few simple and cheap usb to micro b cables. (two a-heads in parallel on one end will give you 1000ma of charging)
    Last edited by aero; 07/13/2008 at 03:49 PM.
    I honestly think it is either in the cards for you to get a good deal or its not....

I have tried numerous times to get my $150 rebate credit early.. I have til 12/2008... I have tried the super-super nice, and the threating to leave.

When i was ready to jump from the Treo and get the Touch, I was finally offered the $150 rebate early, but I actually chickened out. (I actually told eCare to go ahead and send it, since they were going to add to my monthly bill, however, they wanted me to call in and would not handle through email).. Meaning to say, I didn't call....

Now that the 800w is out, I again wrote eCare and my response was straight from the Sprint-CS-Manual.... He basically, quoted me the rebate verbiage... "..... if more then 22 months ...... $150 rebate...... if less then 22 months but more then 12 months...... $75 rebate..."
    However, at the end of the email they mention that they "have noted my account of my rebate status and if i were to call in to Customer Service anyone would be able to help me with my future purchase of the Treo 800w.... blah blah blah"

So, to make a long story short, I haven't tried calling or writing again yet.. (i have to wait for my CC payment to post this month, hehehehe).
    I honestly, think I am going to call this time to try again, and if they won't deal with me there will be no bluffing this time around.. and I am going to cancel right then and there for AT&T.... probably an iPhone

With all these Sprint Forums, it would be nice if there was a member that could help some of us members out that have issues similar to mine...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I wonder what can I get if I have 1 year left and I dont mind resigining another 2 years if they let me keep my $30 SERO plan.

You can just call TeleSales? Is it routed to India?
    I tried to get the upgrade via ecare. No luck this time. It looks like it is time to use insurance to replace my 700wx as I have a few more months on it.

Thank you for emailing Sprint. I understand your concern regarding the handset.

You are eligible for 75.00 rebate towards the purchase of a new phone and will be eligible for $150.00 rebate on October 01, 2008.

Currently, it is not possible to provide you the $150.00 rebate. I request you to wait till October 01, 2008.

The Suggested retail price for Treo 800W is $599.99. If you upgrade your phone after October 01, 2008, you will be eligible for $150.00 as well as online rebates.

I know that this reply will cause inconvenience to you. However, this is an honest answer from my side, as I do not wish to mislead you by making any false promises.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely,
    Grinch.
    Sprint

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Customer Name: sorry begger
    Sprint PCS Phone Number: 1231231234
    Account Number: 1231231234
    Form: Ask A Question-Manage
    Topic: Equipment
    SUB Topic: Upgrade/New Handset
    =============================================================
    Original Question: Upgrade availability
    Question: Dear Santa, I realize it is July and not December, but I know the new Treo 800W is being released on Monday. I currently have a Treo
    700WX and it is showing signs of age. The Dpad does not work correctly
    and the radio will lose its signal and cause the phone to not work until I reset the phone. I will not be eligible for the $150 upgrade credit until October but I was hoping that you can help me acquire the new Treo 800W. Christmas in July. =============================================================
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I tried to get the upgrade via ecare. No luck this time. It looks like it is time to use insurance to replace my 700wx as I have a few more months on it.
    Good luck with that..... I'm sure they have plenty of 700wx phones in stock to give out as insurance replacements...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Good luck with that..... I'm sure they have plenty of 700wx phones in stock to give out as insurance replacements...
    Well I would expect a 700wx as a replacement. I need to replace it due to D pad issues. So I will not be getting the 800w until October.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Well I would expect a 700wx as a replacement. I need to replace it due to D pad issues. So I will not be getting the 800w until October.
    Ah.... My bad... I misunderstood the meaning of your post. I, too, am stuck waiting as no one seems to want to come off of a reasonable deal for me either. Here's to waiting!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Interesting, I'm 8 months into my 2 line sero plan. When I logged into my account and selected upgrade phone, selected the 800w and went to check out, it gave me the $250 instant discount and $100 MIR for a one time charge of $350. Damn, now I'm thinking about it as I didn't think I would get the $250 discount.
    I just placed my order through Telesales.
    My contract just ended so I was eligible for the $150 instant rebate, but here's what I got.
    $600 for the phone, less $250 instant + upgrade rebate, less $100 mail in rebate, less $100 (2 x $50 invoice credits, thanks to a nice supervisor) = $150 plus about $40 in taxes. I could probably get about $100 on ebay for my 700wx so I'm looking at about a $90 net cost to upgrade, plus I'll be getting a 10% loyalty discount off my monthly bill for the life of the contract.
    Yay Sprint!

P.S. Now if only the service would work half-way decent in my house
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Interesting, I'm 8 months into my 2 line sero plan. When I logged into my account and selected upgrade phone, selected the 800w and went to check out, it gave me the $250 instant discount and $100 MIR for a one time charge of $350. Damn, now I'm thinking about it as I didn't think I would get the $250 discount.
    I am 1 yr into my contract. I am in my account. It is still $599.99. I am at the checkout button. How did you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbdapeace View Post
    I just placed my order through Telesales.
    My contract just ended so I was eligible for the $150 instant rebate, but here's what I got.
    $600 for the phone, less $250 instant + upgrade rebate, less $100 mail in rebate, less $100 (2 x $50 invoice credits, thanks to a nice supervisor) = $150 plus about $40 in taxes. I could probably get about $100 on ebay for my 700wx so I'm looking at about a $90 net cost to upgrade, plus I'll be getting a 10% loyalty discount off my monthly bill for the life of the contract.
    Yay Sprint!

P.S. Now if only the service would work half-way decent in my house
    Dang, you beat me by $50 bucks. I'm gonna see if I can get them to give me a $50 loyalty credit since I JUST renewed my contract.

I'm hoping the mail in rebate will still work for me as well...I could easily end up getting money after selling my 700P
    Looks Like I was lied to. I hate Sprint. Calling them is like calling the IRS. You have a greater than 50 percent chance of getting the wrong answer.
    My contract wasn't up until July 2009 and I managed to get it for $150. $350 - $100 MIR - $50 (to match iPhone price) - $50 for telling me I would get it on Friday and it ended up being backordered. Shipping and activation fee also waived.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast