Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Article up

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/tr..._get_leak.html

new info:
    • GPS is standalone and assisted
    • Talk time is "up to 4 hours" with 200 hrs standby
    Nice post and link. I am glad your confidence for an imminent release is still high. I am a little worried but believe you know better than I.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Pooh rocks!

Palm is emphasizing the impressive amount of things that can be done with "one touch." Betcha can't do much of that with most of the touchy iPhone-wannabe devices. Now that I think about it, the lack of softkeys on blackberrys limit their "one-touch" abilities.

The Treo 800w aka The Treo One-Touch.
    lol, I know! Black woulda been so cool....bah! I'll settle for...blew, err...blue. Guess that'll be the only feature we got wrong at WME.

The GPS is gonna be the killer feature on this phone for ease of use, accuracy and speed. Can't wait.

great work pooh...now go finish your paper! :-)
    Yah, the efficacy of Ketosis diets (and dangers) isn't as interesting as me drooling over the 800w...

DAMN YOU TREO CENTRAL... damn dirty apes... wait... huh? Been staring at too many PDF's tonight.
    Thanks for the scans Darth Pooh. I am sooo dissappointed in Palm for this 1150 mah crap. The Touch was also rated "up to 4 hours" on Sprint's site and that didn't last past half the day for me.

If Palm does include an extended battery I bet it will add the same amount of thickness as the one they made for the Centro and that made the Centro look disgusting... Add to the fact that I've waited for this thing since forever, what the hell am I going to do now lol.... Damn Palm
    Sooooo... they're saying it will ship with 2 batteries? Am I reading that part right?

That would be nice.

But, the color is killing me. I really liked the black.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Nice post and link. I am glad your confidence for an imminent release is still high. I am a little worried but believe you know better than I.
    Robber,

My hope dwindled today too... I was thinking by this Friday I'd have one to play with and pretty much enjoy over the weekend. I doubt this now... but I suppose that's all well and good...

The rep was very cool about the device, he was disappointed that his unit was delayed getting to him too, he was supposed to have his in hand during the conference call yesterday, but the Palm rep apologized and said it's across the board delay, including them too.

Maybe it has something to do with repackaging with the extended battery. All of the Sprint reps complained on the conference call about the Centro's battery life (and POS is much better with battery life than WM), that's when the rep mentioned the extended battery. The Sprint rep said he has used an 800w and it's very worth the wait (even for a beta unit), the screen is "very impressive". He said the device feels and runs with class... unlike the Touch and Mogul (which he called "toyish" in comparison, btw, he owns a Mogul).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Sooooo... they're saying it will ship with 2 batteries? Am I reading that part right?

That would be nice.

A rumor at this point... could have been Palm HOGWASH. I believe the rep heard correctly, just doesn't mean he was given correct information.

It would be a nice touch... errr, no pun intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yah, the efficacy of Ketosis diets (and dangers) isn't as interesting as me drooling over the 800w...
    The science nerd in me is now intrigued, lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post

That would be nice.

Yeah, Samsungs do that too, so it's not completely unheard of..

re: color...

1st to mod their device, making it cooler where Palm has failed, wins!
    The science nerd in me is now intrigued, lol...
    Basically, in a nutshell, I lost a bit of weight (~120 lbs) using conventional means... calories in vs. calories out, using the laws of thermodynamics (as wildly inaccurate as they are when it comes to metabolizing foods, it worked for me... the thermogenic effect of food itself is kind of an in depth topic), so I wanted to research the benefits of a high protein/fat - low carbohydrate diet (like Atkin's) and it's long term effects on the body (basically did I make the best decision at my form of weight loss?). Ketosis diets (which is what Atkins's is... it forces the body into metabolizing the fat tissue for energy rather than using the glucose and insulin response system).

Sorry for off topic-ness... but, you asked and it's still 1:00 A.M. and I have about 3 more pages and a PP presentation still.
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 07/10/2008 at 01:05 AM.
    So whats the deal are we still on track for July 13th or not? I am defanitley ready for this phone my 700wx is really beat up :-)
    Darth Pooh,

First congrats on that achievement and..very interesting stuff! I read Men's Health, so I'm into all of that health/science stuff (currently fascinated by coleus forskohlii). Good times, lol.
    Can someone post this on Rapidshare.com too I can download directly from my Treo from there..if not its cool, I can try on my pc tomorrow. I just wanted to see it before it gets yanked, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Can someone post this on Rapidshare.com too I can download directly from my Treo from there..if not its cool, I can try on my pc tomorrow. I just wanted to see it before it gets yanked, thanks.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12855077...Guide.pdf.html
    Darth Pooh,

First congrats on that achievement and..very interesting stuff! I read Men's Health, so I'm into all of that health/science stuff (currently fascinated by coleus forskohlii). Good times, lol.
    Just read about that stuff a few weeks ago...

I love published stuff.

http://www.sportsnutritionsociety.or...2-54-62-05.pdf
    Darth Pooh, congrats. Also, thanks for the Rapid link you rock!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for getting this to us Darth Pooh!!!

Looks like we'll need a Phone as Modem plan to tether or use bluetooth from a laptop to surf the web. I hope PDANet will work with the 800w!
    Seeing as how I just ordered it from Telesales and it will be here on Monday I can assure you it is not delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roloc View Post
    Seeing as how I just ordered it from Telesales and it will be here on Monday I can assure you it is not delayed.
    A lot of us have done that... I can ASSURE you, my status is BACK ORDERED. What does it all mean? No clue... but don't assume it will be there Monday either.
    I was told Friday (tomorrow) but believe it will be Monday. Friday means it is being shipped from here on the island of Oahu.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Delay over... pictures cominng soon.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast