Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ok so I guess that email didn't go through...

as you know

phone will be released with windows 6.1

phone can wrk on an exchange server (if the server is 2000 or 2003 with the newest sp on it)

it has gps enabled if you have the address of a contact in your contact you can get turn by turn directions to them using the built in gps software.

it will have sprint tv, sprint radio but not sprint music store but it will sync with rap city

phone won't support more then 8gigs of memory due to software, maybe a software update for it after its release

phone will have on demand so you can use the gps to find nearest movies, resturaunts, and the lowest gas stations.

phone has two receivers one for gps one for data,voice calls, sms so u can be on the phone while u get turn by turn directions

there is a site for online support for the device / and you will each have 60day free trial period of calling into palms tech support.

you can use phone as a modem without any sprint software just plug and play

uuuummmm I have my notes at wrk I will get them tomorrow and update this post..

I think I covered the major items tho
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    phone as modem is a winner to me.
    You had me at "as you know"
    Before we even get to "as you know", what meeting are we talking about here?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    phone won't support more then 8gigs of memory due to software, maybe a software update for it after its release
    Is this true? Can it be...doesn't 700wx supports 16GB sdhc card, so how can it be the OS? Just having a hard time believing (or trying to trick myself this can't be true as I'm looking to buy a 16GB card).
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    That is great that you can use the phone while getting turn-by-turn directions. My question is can I use the phone's GPS while using the Bluetooth 2.0. In my car, I am looking to stream music to my car deck and use the GPS for directions.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Before we even get to "as you know", what meeting are we talking about here?
    um long story short I wrk for sprint...
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Is this true? Can it be...doesn't 700wx supports 16GB sdhc card, so how can it be the OS? Just having a hard time believing (or trying to trick myself this can't be true as I'm looking to buy a 16GB card).
    they said they put a 16gig in the phone and it didn't show the other 8gigs and it was slower to respond....

I'm alittle bummed about this myself since I run win mobile torrent on my device I need something bigger then 8gigs but when my treo comes in I will definitely let u all know
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    That is great that you can use the phone while getting turn-by-turn directions. My question is can I use the phone's GPS while using the Bluetooth 2.0. In my car, I am looking to stream music to my car deck and use the GPS for directions.
    don't quote me on this but I believe so cause there is a separate antanna for the bluetooth aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    don't quote me on this but I believe so cause there is a separate antanna for the bluetooth aswell.

Of course there is a seperate antenna for bluetooth. It's a totally different radio.

The question that we have is if it's standalone aGPS, in other words, can we use GPS without having a carrier signal.

http://wmexperts.com/articles/gps_vs..._tutorial.html
    re: gps

I think it gonna do both and will use whatever is available (the documentation says to have "Location" turned on, hence my aGPS conclusion).

Obviously aGPS is preferable since it is waaaay faster and if it uses the MS Intermediary Driver (as it should) there should be no issue in setting it up for other apps.

will be interesting to put it through its paces...
    they said they put a 16gig in the phone and it didn't show the other 8gigs and it was slower to respond....
    On a Treo 650 (PalmOS) with Fat32 and SDHC files in the rom a 8GB sdhc card works - however, the Card Info application that pops up whenever you insert a card displays "4GB", but all 8GB is available and displayed correctly in a file explorer, such as FileZ. Wondering if maybe Windows Mobile has the same thing happening and using a file browser, such as Resco File Browser, would report 16?? At least it recognized and does work...just slower (perhaps a class 2 card as 16GB aren't really out yet)

I run win mobile torrent on my device I need something bigger then 8gigs but when my treo comes in I will definitely let u all know
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

Of course there is a seperate antenna for bluetooth. It's a totally different radio.

The question that we have is if it's standalone aGPS, in other words, can we use GPS without having a carrier signal.

http://wmexperts.com/articles/gps_vs..._tutorial.html
    It should be. All of Sprint's other pdaphones have discrete GPS radios that work when the phone is in flight mode.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    um long story short I wrk for sprint...
    You work at the store?

When can you start selling them?

How much is it if I want to buy from Sprint.