Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    just because I know this thing is around the corner and I know it's important to have a large SD card for things like Tomtom and iGuidance.

    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...DSDQ_8192_BULK

    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...SDQR_8192_BULK

    Use the code MEM4FG for either one for free shipping.

    Sandisk is probably the only thing I'll ever trust anymore. The first link has the SD card adapter and the second link comes with the usb adapter. Not bad for under $50 dollars.
  2. #2  
    hmm, looks like all of the 8gb's are only class 4. Think I'll opt for a 4gb class 6. Newegg has the A-Data for $15.99 + $2.01 shipping.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211196
  3. #3  
    How much space do you really need? I think $50 for an 8GB card is too much. I bought the card hannip linked to from Fry's for $20+ tax out the door and it still has a $7 rebate. TomTom maps don't take up that much space, unless you're using the whole North America or USA map. My Texas Map is only 110 MB. Don't know about iGuidance, but I don't see why its maps should be that much bigger. 4GB should be enough for most IMO, and currently has the best price/value ratio IMO.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    How much space do you really need? I think $50 for an 8GB card is too much. I bought the card hannip linked to from Fry's for $20+ tax out the door and it still has a $7 rebate. TomTom maps don't take up that much space, unless you're using the whole North America or USA map. My Texas Map is only 110 MB. Don't know about iGuidance, but I don't see why its maps should be that much bigger. 4GB should be enough for most IMO, and currently has the best price/value ratio IMO.
    From time to time, I like to take JUST my phone with me on trips... or forget my ipod. Having a few gigs of music and some video never hurt anyone.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    How much space do you really need?
    TomTom US and Canada-1GB
    YouTube Movies and Music- 1-2GB
    Lots of games for emulators-2GB
    Random WM apps and their files-1 GB
    Important files to always have on hand-2GB

    8GB sounds right for now.

    Once we reach 32GB at a reasonable price point, I will be able to keep all my music and photos on the card too.
  6. #6  
    Well I suppose guys are just beastier than me when it comes to data usage. I can't imagine finding 2 gigs of roms that would even work well on my Treo or any other WM6 device (the snes and GBA emulators barely run on my mogul, didn't try my WX yet), or 1 GB of random WM apps. I'd rather dedicate a device to each task if I know I'm going somewhere. PSP for games and emulators (runs/plays a lot better than a Treo would) and my iPod for music.
  7. #7  
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/JoWow

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...bosnation0e-20
    7/7/08 10:06 AM
    I bought two products from the company. They were slow on delivery and had a misleading product information.

    I wrote a bad review about the company on Amazon. The company then emailed me telling me that they would give me a small refund to remove my bad rating.

    This company seems very shady.
    Something seems fishy with these guys...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'd be willing to pay the extra five bucks to get it from Amazon instead of a suspect company like this.
  10. #10  
    Well, I've already done the deal. I'll let you know how things go once (if) it comes in.
  11. #11  
    http://www.pcuniverse.com/SanDisk-Mo...1M/pd/p4561246 - 8 GB microSDHC card / Class 6

    a lot less than it retails for!!
  12. #12  
    Living in paradise means nothing is cheap. Second day air brought the SanDisk card up to $92.97.
  13. #13  
    So what is the advantage of a class 6 vs class 4 card? looks like all 8gb cards are class 4.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    So what is the advantage of a class 6 vs class 4 card? looks like all 8gb cards are class 4.
    I don't know the difference--does that make a difference in the 800w?
  15. #15  
    class 6 is rated to have a faster write speed.

    * Class 2: 2 MB/s
    * Class 4: 4 MB/s
    * Class 6: 6 MB/s

    Which means you should get faster file transfer rates using higher class cards for example when syncing your music playlist via usb.
  16. #16  
    here you go, in case anyone is interested. Kingston 8GB class 6, under $40.

    http://shop.kingston.com/PartsInfo.a...B&promo=XD07PH

    my question is though, does the 800w support class 6?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    here you go, in case anyone is interested. Kingston 8GB class 6, under $40.

    http://shop.kingston.com/PartsInfo.a...B&promo=XD07PH

    my question is though, does the 800w support class 6?
    oh fark. my bad. just realized that that's for SD, not micro SD. too good to be true!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    here you go, in case anyone is interested. Kingston 8GB class 6, under $40.

    http://shop.kingston.com/PartsInfo.a...B&promo=XD07PH

    my question is though, does the 800w support class 6?
    The w recognized my 8GB card. Get the biggest card you can and lock it in the phone for the next 12-18 months.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  19. #19  
    not to be off topic but once theres a 16GB miniSD card out im jumping away from my 700P.

    Thats the only thing thats keeping me with my 700.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    not to be off topic but once theres a 16GB miniSD card out im jumping away from my 700P.

    Thats the only thing thats keeping me with my 700.
    MiniSD or MicroSD? MiniSD is useless for the 800w, and could only work in the 700p with an adaptor, in which case you might as well look for a regular 16GB SD card.

    And from I read earlier, 16GB cards don't work well in the 800w either. I'd just stick to 8GB if you really need that much space.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions