Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. ywenz's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    TomTom US and Canada-1GB
    YouTube Movies and Music- 1-2GB
    Lots of games for emulators-2GB
    Random WM apps and their files-1 GB
    Important files to always have on hand-2GB

    8GB sounds right for now.
    TOo bad the 800W doesn't support simultaneous key presses.. good luck playing those emulated games..
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Where can you get a 8 GB class 6 Micro SD card? Like others mentioned in this thread, I figure it's better to plan ahead and get a good sized card just in case you need the extra memory.
    here's one...

    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0289507
  3. #43  
    which is actually weird since it looks like class 4 on the pic. hmm.
  4. #44  
    I got my 8GB from Amazon (class 4). While my T800w recoginizes the card, I can't seem to find the indicator on the 800w to see "offically" how much memory it has!
  5. #45  
    would you rather have an SD card adapter or a USB plugin for transferring files to and fro on your lappy? i can't tell which is better . . .
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    would you rather have an SD card adapter or a USB plugin for transferring files to and fro on your lappy? i can't tell which is better . . .
    I wish they made SD adapters like the Ultra Plus models.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    would you rather have an SD card adapter or a USB plugin for transferring files to and fro on your lappy? i can't tell which is better . . .
    bump

    anyone have any opinions on this?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    bump

    anyone have any opinions on this?
    not really sure about your question--could you clarify?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    not really sure about your question--could you clarify?
    if you were going to buy a sandisk 8gb card today, would you buy this one:
    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...DSDQ_8192_BULK

    or this one?
    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...SDQR_8192_BULK

    meaning, which adapter would you prefer for file sharing with your laptop?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    if you were going to buy a sandisk 8gb card today, would you buy this one:
    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...DSDQ_8192_BULK

    or this one?
    http://www.unityelectronics.com/prod...SDQR_8192_BULK

    meaning, which adapter would you prefer for file sharing with your laptop?
    ah, ok. well, it really depends on whether the microSD card is strictly for your phone, or if you might be using it for a digicam or some other device. some digicams use SD cards (SDHC compatible), so if you do plan on doing that, I would recommend getting it with the microSD to SD adapter, and then getting a card reader. otherwise, for simplicity, I would get the USB adapter.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Due to being in Paradise, I chose to pay the extra at Best Buy. Oh, well - it works and no wait!
    oooook we GET IT..........paradise ya ya
  12. though's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #52  
    is the 800w compatible with micro SDHC or just plain ol' micro SD ??
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    is the 800w compatible with micro SDHC or just plain ol' micro SD ??
    both. microSD is only up to 2gb (I think), while anything higher than that would be microSDHC.
  14. though's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #54  
    thx
  15. #55  
    Just ordered the 8gb from newegg. $40 and good reviews. It should be here within 3-7 days.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211270

    1st purchase for this phone, which is just the beginning.... Soon an extra battery, innocase, maybe innocase holster, screen protector, and software purchases. Oh well.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    class 6 is rated to have a faster write speed.

    * Class 2: 2 MB/s
    * Class 4: 4 MB/s
    * Class 6: 6 MB/s

    Which means you should get faster file transfer rates using higher class cards for example when syncing your music playlist via usb.
    I thought Class Six was where you bought alcohol on a military base?
  17. #57  
    I think it's more of a hassle transfering files with the SD card. You have to take the battery cover off, pull out the tiny MicroSD card, put it into your SD card reader/adapter, then copy to/from your PC. Remember, the more

    It might be easier just buy a Bluetooth adapter and transfer files between your PC and 800w. I'm sure many of you have WLAN at home, so you can even copy files with it.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Just ordered the 8gb from newegg. $40 and good reviews. It should be here within 3-7 days.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211270

    1st purchase for this phone, which is just the beginning.... Soon an extra battery, innocase, maybe innocase holster, screen protector, and software purchases. Oh well.
    Don't feel bad... I ordered a 4 GB card and I don't even own the phone yet.

    Looks like I'll have to wait until my trip is over on Monday before pulling the trigger....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I think it's more of a hassle transfering files with the SD card. You have to take the battery cover off, pull out the tiny MicroSD card, put it into your SD card reader/adapter, then copy to/from your PC. Remember, the more

    It might be easier just buy a Bluetooth adapter and transfer files between your PC and 800w. I'm sure many of you have WLAN at home, so you can even copy files with it.
    Good luck bluetoothing GPS maps.

    The reason for using an SD card reader is that larger file transfers can take much longer if you do them any other way. If the 800w has USB 2.0 (can't remember if it does or not), then this might not be as much of a problem, but a card reader is probably still going to be faster in general. It works a lot easier when your SD card is exposed like it is on the Mogul. I just pop mine in and out like it's nothing, and it never falls out of my phone.
  20. #60  
    I just got my card from newegg... Got to add stuff on it later on.

    I found this over at slickdeals if anyone wants to buy a 4gb microsdhc memory card.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=880221
    Dane-Elec 4GB microSDHC Card $11 After a Rebate.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions