Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What about these guys?

microSDHC vs. Mobile Ultra™ microSD
    http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Def...spx?CatID=1667
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    How much space do you really need?
    You can never have too much. LOL

Basically, I guess it would be personal preference. In my case, there are allot of apps that would come in handy, but I know I wouldn't have the room on my current device (700wx) with a 4Gb storage. I originally started with a 1Gb storage, then quickly upgraded to a 2Gb storage, due to my apps. I needed a GPS app, so I got TomTom, but the North America & Canada map (stored on SD) used more than 1Gb. That with my apps, data, and stuff, I needed more storage. 4Gb was the highest non SDHC SD card I could use, so I went it it. Since the 800w has built in Wi-fi, I would probably want to install some Wi-Fi apps as well.

So I ordered the a 8Gb MicroSD card as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware about classes, so the one I got is a class 4. I may return it and get a class 6 MicroSD card instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    http://www.pcuniverse.com/SanDisk-Mo...1M/pd/p4561246 - 8 GB microSDHC card / Class 6

a lot less than it retails for!!
    The info is incorrect, according to Sandisk, the SanDisk microSDHC™ 8 GB (SDSDQ-8192-A11M) is a class 4.
    Where can you get a 8 GB class 6 Micro SD card? Like others mentioned in this thread, I figure it's better to plan ahead and get a good sized card just in case you need the extra memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Where can you get a 8 GB class 6 Micro SD card? Like others mentioned in this thread, I figure it's better to plan ahead and get a good sized card just in case you need the extra memory.
    The real question is does Class 4 or 6 matter on our devices significantly?

That I dunno. I'd just opt for teh 8gb Class 4 myself and not worry about it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Can do some tests. I suspect it should help with large file transfer to the sd card such as backups etc. It should help if you copy music or movies directly onto the card from your laptop. I wonder what the max transfer rate is for card export II. Might help there also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Can do some tests. I suspect it should help with large file transfer to the sd card such as backups etc. It should help if you copy music or movies directly onto the card from your laptop. I wonder what the max transfer rate is for card export II. Might help there also.
    Yeah, it' be very interesting to do.

Perhaps we can team up with that and we'll do a story for WMExperts as it's an intriguing topic/question.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sounds good. We'll get to the bottom of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Except keep in mind memory prices fall all the time. Also if you have other devices that use sd cards you can swap your card in.

Right now Kingston has an excellent deal on micro sd with mini and standard sd inserts for $1 more. If you get a 4gb with those inserts, and have any sdhc devices now that don't have to be class 6, you can swap in htat 4gb and buy an 8 or 16 in 8 months or so for close to the price of the 4gb.

I have half a dozen sd, mini and micro sd devices. I bought a kingston 4gb with inserts for $18.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Me too and it's working great so far. Considering Best Buy wanted $150 bucks for a Sandisk, I'm happy.
    Just ordered these two:

4 gb ultra:
    http://www.lagoom.com/SanDisk_SECURE...id-582601.html

8 gb ultra:
    http://www.lagoom.com/SanDisk_SECURE...id-582604.html

Not familiar with the company, but their website seems trustworthy.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Me too and it's working great so far. Considering Best Buy wanted $150 bucks for a Sandisk, I'm happy.
    You got yours already? NewEgg is still holding mine! I don't think I will get this weekend. Horses---!!!
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    .... their website seems trustworthy.
    That made me laugh. I hope everything goes well for you though.
    Due to being in Paradise, I chose to pay the extra at Best Buy. Oh, well - it works and no wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    You got yours already? NewEgg is still holding mine! I don't think I will get this weekend. Horses---!!!
    I got my 4gb A-Data from egghead yesterday. Their cheap shipping is slooow.

Card works great!
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I got my 4gb A-Data from egghead yesterday. Their cheap shipping is slooow.

Card works great!
    I choose Express Saver, they still havenot even processed my card. They used to be on top of things like that. It seems to me NewEgg is slacking.
    hmm, strange. Newegg is usually one of the quickest shippers I know of. check your order and see if it is missing info. or if the shipping/billing address are different--that might cause a little delay if you are a first-time customer.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    hmm, strange. Newegg is usually one of the quickest shippers I know of. check your order and see if it is missing info. or if the shipping/billing address are different--that might cause a little delay if you are a first-time customer.
    I have easily spent a minimum wage workers yearly salary at NewEgg, so I wouldn't say I am a new customer. Their shipping has always been very speedy for me, except this one. It is the main reason I choose them over anybody else.
    [QUOTE=Trevante;1459773]MiniSD or MicroSD? MiniSD is useless for the 800w, and could only work in the 700p with an adaptor, in which case you might as well look for a regular 16GB SD card.[QUOTE]

Treo 755P/Alltel: recent update notice from Alltel stated update requires MINI SD card to be used, NOT micro w/mini adapter. Not sure why, but just ordered SanDisk 2GB (true) mini (no adapter) for $19 ($23 w/shpg) from Overstock.com. True MINI's aren't easy to find....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast