1.    #1  
    Here is a unique feature that was actually reported a long, long time ago:

Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    One thing I liked was the time bounced around the screen when the backlight was off so those of you that don't wear a watch can glance at the time.(
    Sure enough, if you look in the manual:

When the phone is on and the screen is off, the date and time screen saver
    appears. You can disable the screen saver. Press Start, select Settings,
    select the System tab, and then select Power. Select the Screen Saver tab,
    and then uncheck the Enable Screen Saver box.
    You can turn the clock screen saver on and off. See “Viewing and
    Optimizing Power Settings” on page 338 for details.
    Select the Screen Saver tab and set whether the clock screen saver appears when the
    phone is turned on and the screen is turned off.
    Heh. It's the little cool things like this that are interesting.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    My Mogul does that on the charger. At night when its plugged in the unit is dim like an alarm clock. Really nice feature.

Got money in my hand. Release this thing already.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    My Mogul does that on the charger. At night when its plugged in the unit is dim like an alarm clock. Really nice feature.

Got money in my hand. Release this thing already.
    huh, so it's a WM6.1 feature perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    huh, so it's a WM6.1 feature perhaps?
    Nope, not a WM61 feature and certainly not stock on the Mogul.
    You know I never noticed it before so I don't know if its a new 6.1 feature. With the HTC Customizer today screen which has the big clock its really nice at night.

I was never a big fan of Palm today screens. I will be using SPB Mobile Shell and hopefully HTC customizer will fit on the 800 screen.

This is mine now.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    You know I never noticed it before so I don't know if its a new 6.1 feature. With the HTC Customizer today screen which has the big clock its really nice at night.
    Ahh...so we're talking about very different things here

The 800w has a feature where when the screen dims, a clock with the date moves around the screen--it's completely separate from the Today Screen.

This is literally a screen saver that runs when the phone is not in use.

Personally, I think the HTC homescreen is a bit silly...but too each his own, lol.

It may look silly but when you have a slider phone and a d-pad that's total crap, shortcuts on the Today Screen is a really big deal.

Stoked about the little things this phone has to offer. Although the phone is pretty ugly compared to the new stuff I could care less. I really need the extra RAM (Mogul is really limited), front keyboard, touch screen, 2MP camera and wifi.
    Is there any way to extract that screensaver and use it with oder devices like 750? Would be great
  9. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Does this have any effect on the batttery?
    Depends who you ask. Some say it is a huge drain, others (me included) think not.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I've noticed a big drain with it on
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Can the 800w screen saver show e-mail icon? Mine only shows SMS icon.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    One thing to add... in mine with the screen saver feature on, if I turn off the phone function (disconnect from Sprint), the screen saver does not show when I turn the phone off.

Esteban