Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any experience with the new version of PTunes for the wm devices? It was a great app on my 650 and 700p and it is the app that i missed the most when my company forced me to get a wm powered device.

Also, does anyone know if there is an upgrade path to get a discounted wm version, as i was a owner of the PocketTunes delux 4.x version for my POS treo.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I tried it and it works great and looks great, but it keeps crashing when I do a search for new songs on my sd card. As far as discount no idea.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have been using it since the day it came out. This was about the last piece of software needed to make a "total" transistion from POS. It really works great! It has a few kinks, but I love it. Since I had the POS version, I only paid $19.95. Worth every penny.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    whats the difference between using this and windows media player? You can still sync your songs that are on ur pc... plus its free.
    I use PTunes and love it--works very well and no problems.

It'll even support the 800w 320x320 already.

BigPapaGato: WMP is just awful. PTunes you can just turn off the power and it'll keep playing, it has built in Internet radio for streaming, easier controls, skins, etc.

Give the trial a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I use PTunes and love it--works very well and no problems.

It'll even support the 800w 320x320 already.

BigPapaGato: WMP is just awful. PTunes you can just turn off the power and it'll keep playing, it has built in Internet radio for streaming, easier controls, skins, etc.

Give the trial a shot.
    Not saying that PTunes isn't better than WMP....but I was quite suprised at how well the 6.1 WMP streams music. Night and day difference between that and the WM5 version.
    @ebag,

GTK

PTunes though comes preloaded with a few hundred stations and a dedicated icon for it...

basically ptunes is just more complete and easier to use I think...
    can u do internet streaming from windows media player ... i dont see a spot to add in a url ...????

if not is resco radio better then ptunes?
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/09/2008 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    can u do internet streaming from windows media player ... i dont see a spot to add in a url ...????
    You can either simply click the link and WMP should pick it up (does for the sites I visit), or in the Library choose "Open URL".
    ok thanks for the input.. will try it out...

how can i make a shortcut link for the url ...?
    You could add it to your favorites. Many streaming media links are setup so you can't save that link, they want you to go back to the page that you launch it from.
    I'm trying out pocket tunes. Seems nice with a lot of features and my bluetooth controls work nicely with it. Plays protected wma music files. However the equalizer and bass boost don't seem to do much of anything. Anyone else notice that?
    I like it too. But, i can't believe there is no folder selection/playing options.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    nice goals...

ptunes works great