Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    This is one big reason I set up myself to get emails via SMS, no stupid constant polling, no data access needed that blocks incoming calls, instant viewing of emails that can come in even while on a call...
  2. okashira's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    The problem is that the vast majority of the time you are hitting a tower that has 1.544mbps of total capacity.
    I can promise you this is not true. I regularly get consistant speeds of 2mbit over extended downloads. Ive done this in several areas around Houston (suburbs and city)

    typically, 220-250 KB/sec
  3. #23  
    taken from sprint website under treo 800w specs:"Data Transfer Mode (DTM)
    Set in the default position allowing users in an active data session to be notified of incoming voice calls, rather than having them go automatically to voicemail. "

    does this really work?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    taken from sprint website under treo 800w specs:"Data Transfer Mode (DTM)
    Set in the default position allowing users in an active data session to be notified of incoming voice calls, rather than having them go automatically to voicemail. "

    does this really work?
    Yes, enabled by default.

    Incoming calls will interrupt a data session and ring through. Key word being interrupt.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by okashira View Post
    I can promise you this is not true. I regularly get consistant speeds of 2mbit over extended downloads. Ive done this in several areas around Houston (suburbs and city)

    typically, 220-250 KB/sec
    Maybe they have made upogrades in your area. Most of the network towers backhaul via T1.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Yes, enabled by default.

    Incoming calls will interrupt a data session and ring through. Key word being interrupt.

    but lets try to focus on the "will got thru..."
    it feels much better
  7. dwg
    dwg is offline
    dwg's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
       #27  
    Seems like there is a way to disable inbound calls while tethering. Anyone remember? I think PDANET had a checkbox for it but I don't recall that it worked for me.
  8. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by htguru View Post
    nsx, please explain why you believe this is misinformation.

    This quote below is direct from this linked June Fabrics PDAnet page not me.
    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/updatehistory.php

    Version 2.0
    Feature: Added the Proxy Mode feature so that voice and data can be used side-by-side.


    If this is not what it implies, then what is it?
    When I do FTP, I have to turn off the proxy mode. Otherwise you get error on all your files(text and binary). I have confirm this with the author already. Try if and you know what I mean.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions