1.    #1  
    Thought this was rather humorous...I sent an email to eCare asking about the release date, just to see what they would say....here is my first response from them:

Dear Gene Clifford,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding
    the phone.

We are in the final stages of launching this phone and hope to introduce
    it very soon. The launch date for this phone is July 13, 2008. However,
    the date may be extended.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey S.
    Sprint

THEN - I asked if that meant in stores on 7/13, or just online - and here is the NEXT response:

Dear Gene Clifford,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am glad to assist you regarding
    availability of Treo 800 phone in stores.

I understand your concern as want to know about the Treo 800. Sprint is
    launching this phone on July 07, 2008. This will available in all the
    Sprint Stores from that date.

In some places there may be some delay due to transportation or related
    issue but not much delay you will face.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Colton R
    Sprint

So they magically changed the release date to today, or 'Colton R' is clueless!! You be the judge!!
    has anyone found one in a store? I haven't looked yet, but will at lunch time.
  3.    #3  
    I called a couple here, and they said no.....trust me, I would LOVE to be able to say 'Colton R, I am SO sorry for doubting you....'
    I called a few stores and they said "two weeks". Sprint Telesales said call back in a week.

I'm hitting refresh on the forums waiting for the first "I just placed an order for an 800w" post (and more importantly, the special channels phone number).
    It was probably a rep getting confused between the BP release date and the general release date.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I went to my local store yesterday, and the reps gave me this what are you talking about look, and she was confused and said I don't know anything about it. So she asks another sales rep that seems more in tuned with whats going on and he didn't know jack either. So 5 days before launch and no one at sprint store knows doodoo.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm sure it's just spotty information . . . for every store that says yes, one store says no. I was in a store in Cleveland on Sunday, and when I asked one of the reps, without missing a beat he said it would be out in a week. I do agree that it's an odd way to run a national business. We'll just have to wait and see!
    My roommate used to work there. They had a meeting for it a few weeks ago. Odds are the employees you are talking too are the part part timers that dont know ****.
    I called the corporate store right near where I work and asked if "they had gotten any Treo 800Ws in yet this week"

She knew exactly what I was talking about and said that they expect them later this week or early next week.

FWIW= $0.00
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2