Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've been lurking/reading posts for a while about this phone. I found the link to the user guide on Sprint's site today (just tried various forms of the name):

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...reo_800_ug.pdf

L8R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawp View Post
    I've been lurking/reading posts for a while about this phone. I found the link to the user guide on Sprint's site today (just tried various forms of the name):

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...reo_800_ug.pdf

L8R
    Nice!
    Somebody give this man a prize.
    Great work, Tawp!
    Last edited by warpdrive; 07/08/2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Great find. Thanks for posting.

Rick
    just looked at system requirments. XP Service pack 2, I have windows 2000. Hope that is a type-O.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Awesome . . . I did a similar search a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to find anything.

Nice that they include a stereo headset in the box. That'll save me another purchase in the short term.
    I honestly don't believe this find!! Thanks Tawp.
    Great work buddy!
    BTW, the stereo headset comes in the box with most Treos.
    The headset doesn't have a volume control on it. I think the Touch headset did and possibly the Mogul's too. I might have to pick one of those up.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Oustanding Tawp!
    Awesome job, I can read the spec before buying
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Points of Interest Lookup from the Today Screen (p.72 & 182)
    Removing of battery required for either soft or hard reset (p.349, 350)
    Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 included (p.2, 325)

Interesting stuff.....
    Last edited by 1PTUser; 07/08/2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    nice
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Various form of the name? How many times did you try?

I need to make my username and pwd harder.
    Can someone please explain the GPS functionality of the Treo 800? I thought I would be able to download and use TomTom or Google map software for true GPS functionality on the phone. Is this not true? Do I have to pay extra for GPS navigation to sprint in order to use GPS functionality? Is there a GPS chip in the Treo 800 or is it just Location based like Iphone with Google maps?
    Thanks in advance for explanation.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    i am assuming that with the new plan it already has GPS included, at least i have it on my plan even thou I don't have GPS on my treo
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Simply Everything plans include Sprint's version of TeleNav for GPS Navigiation. For our personal SERO devices, it's Tom Tom or iGuidance with no recurring costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Simply Everything plans include Sprint's version of TeleNav for GPS Navigiation. For our personal SERO devices, it's Tom Tom or iGuidance with no recurring costs.
    So it will work on TomTom software or google maps? I mean these software will be able to use GPS functionality of Treo 800W?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    If it works with LiveMaps, it should work with any third party app.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast