Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Lingering questions:

+If you are on call waiting and answer the other call then hang up, will the person you had put on hold be hung up on as well? (Like what happens in Palm OS.)
    It's CDMA, not the phone. The other person doesn't get hung up on. Your phone will "call you back" and the first person will still be waiting on the other end with no clue that anything has happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Since the manual states that you can't listen to music over a standard bluetooth headset I assume that includes any voice command notifications of incoming calls. I'd love to be proven wrong about that.

If you have a headset that supports A2DP you should hear the voice command notification however, but there are very few (2?) headsets that support A2DP. Here is one.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32729054.html
    This is true for any (well most) bluetooth device. The issue here is that bluetooth headsets don't support AD2P and are not designed for listening to music. It should, however, support bluetooth headphones.

Looking at the manual, it doesn't mention anything about dialing from the headset. Once again, it seems Palm has left the same issues from 2004 still unresolved. Guess Malatesta was right, no BT voice dialing on the 800w (at least according to the manual).
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    + Can you use alternate Web browsers like Opera? Even more interesting, will Dataviz offer a Windows version of Docs to Go?
    Thought DataViz already makes a Windows version:
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ogo/winmobile/
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Thought DataViz already makes a Windows version:
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ogo/winmobile/
    That's for WM "Smartphone" / "Standard". These are the WM devices that do NOT have touchscreens. Its different than the OS that is on the 800w (WM "Professional"), which does have a touchscreen.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Maybe I missed it, but I did not see anywhere in the manual where you could set up each key on the keypad to launch an app (or website). I did see on Page 93 where you could set up Quick Keys for speed dial, and it seemed to imply that Quick Keys could be used for other things than phone numbers, but I could not find in the manual the specific instructions for doing this.

Is this feature available on the 800w? I currently have the 650 and find this to be one of the most useful features.

Also, I did not understand what they were saying on page 93 "You can create up to 50 Quick Keys for speed-dial buttons and 20 Quick Keys for picture speed-dial buttons" - there are not that many keys on the keyboard!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by dmchen View Post
    Also, I did not understand what they were saying on page 93 "You can create up to 50 Quick Keys for speed-dial buttons and 20 Quick Keys for picture speed-dial buttons" - there are not that many keys on the keyboard!!??
    How do you figure?

9 keys on the top row, Q through O.
    9 keys n the 2nd row, A through L.
    7 keys on the bottom row, Z through L.

That's 25 keys total. Each of those keys has an alt (/ through ", & through ', and * through ').

That gives you a total of 50 keys availible to use.

Though I don't want to know why you would remember someone as being ! for your speed dial....
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    So you can use Alt-[key] on the WM platform for Quick Keys? On my POS Treo650, you can only use the keys themselves, I don't believe there is an Alt feature (unless I have missed it all this time...).
    Last edited by dmchen; 07/10/2008 at 01:42 PM.
    So you can use Alt-[key] on the WM platform for Quick Keys? On my POS Treo650, you can only use the keys themselves, I don't believe their is an Alt feature (unless I have missed it all this time...).
    POS != WM

But yes, it works. And POS does have an Alt key, it's just handled differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    POS != WM

Wait?! so my 700wx hasn't been running POS all this time?! Crap, that explains a lot.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    POS != WM

So in WM you actually can map twice the number of keys? Sweet. In POS you need to press and hold down the key, how does this work in WM? (do you hit Alt then hold down the key?)

Also, when you say POS does have an Alt key, were you referring to the Quick Keys function? I obviously know there is an Alt key, but if there is a way to use it so I have double the number of Quick Keys to use, I did not know about that (so please educate me).

Sounds like some subtle differences us POS users are going to have to learn in moving to the 800....
    So in WM you actually can map twice the number of keys? Sweet. In POS you need to press and hold down the key, how does this work in WM? (do you hit Alt then hold down the key?)

Also, when you say POS does have an Alt key, were you referring to the Quick Keys function? I obviously know there is an Alt key, but if there is a way to use it so I have double the number of Quick Keys to use, I did not know about that (so please educate me).

Sounds like some subtle differences us POS users are going to have to learn in moving to the 800....
    As I said, POS handles the Alt key differently, so I don't believe it's possible to use as a quick dial.

In WM you can either hit alt, then the key, or hold alt and hit the key. Does the same exact thing.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123