Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I see along with that info at boygenius, he slams people waiting for this in a nice way. The end of the article says...

"Then again, we know there are more than a few diehard Treo fans out there that are chomping at the bit for this thing to drop, so letís all give them a bit of slack, at least until it actually comes out on the 13th, at which point we can return to mocking them for remaining faithful to a product line that should have expired about 2 years ago."
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I see along with that info at boygenius, he slams people waiting for this in a nice way. The end of the article says...

"Then again, we know there are more than a few diehard Treo fans out there that are chomping at the bit for this thing to drop, so letís all give them a bit of slack, at least until it actually comes out on the 13th, at which point we can return to mocking them for remaining faithful to a product line that should have expired about 2 years ago."
    Boygenius is a bag of ******... and so are his writers of doucheness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That may be so, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that this phone (hardware-wise) should have been released last year (minus the WinMo 6.1 of course, since it wasn't available).

I'm still keeping an eye on this and will definitely play with one to see how it feels, but I really don't see myself with yet another Treo. For me, the Diamond is most likely going to be my next phone. It just depends on whether or not Sprint cripples it or not.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Well, it seems as if we have one member who has summed it up

I wouldn't say it is totally outdated by 2yrs, but there are a few things i'd like to see improved, or at least I thought they would have been.

Glad the wi-fi is on there cause now I dont have to use the network when not needed. I would have liked a better camera, like a 3.2mp. I think more than anything that keeps on par with other new phones. I dont carry a camera nor do I have one, so for me, having something decent really helps. The one on the 700p just isn't quite enough. I'd be happy with the 3.2mp.

Memory would have been a nice addition. I know we can add cards to bump the memory, but 4GB would have been cool. I would have only needed a card for restore.

The BIGGEST determining factor will be how the web plays out. Obviously it wont be blazer, and thank God. One nice thing is we have the option of Opera 9.5 on it I believe.

I'd be fairly happy with the whole device if I could just get a decent web connection.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks how people like it, cause this board will be loaded with reviews. I wish I knew more about the Samsung i900 and HTC Diamond as well for CDMA.

I guess a bonus for NOT having built in memory like crazy is that if and when Sandisk has a 8GB (it might be 16GB I dont remember) card, that would be sweet to have.

I guess it's just a waiting game from here on out. I will however play with both if not all 3 devices (assuming the other two hit Sprint) before I make a purchase. I do like the keyboard on the Treo, and have only used a plain phone without one long ago.

I messed around with a dare, and the touch was ok, but still kind of a hassle to use. Not a WM phone, but I wasn't used to it.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    The link doesn't work anymore. Someone at sprint must have gotten wise to this thread.

Someone Rehost, PLEASE.

EDIT: NM found a mirror site at Megaupload.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    The link doesn't work anymore. Someone at sprint must have gotten wise to this thread.

Someone Rehost, PLEASE.

EDIT: NM found a mirror site at Megaupload.
    Got a link for that?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Got a link for that?
    Here is the one I used: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VY1DH1QP
    ha...glad I put a mirror link in the article ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    Thank you.
    How do you download the thing with the new link? It's not letting me download!
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    How do you download the thing with the new link? It's not letting me download!
    Enter the code at the top, then wait for 45 secs to download.
    is a good thing I saved it just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    is a good thing I saved it just in case
    Why? You'll get it on the CD when it comes with your device, if not an actual hard copy (doubtful).
    Um, wow!

Downloaded the manual and quickly flipped through it. It looks like a sweet device thus far and finally gives me a valid excuse to upgrade from my aging Treo 650.

Will hold off until I read the reviews and hold the bugger in my hand from a Sprint Store. Also curious, as from reading in the forums, to see if the user friendliness in WM has improved with WM 6.1 Professional.

Random things I noticed from the manual:

+ Sprite Backup: Looks interesting. Wonder if it has a wireless back-up feature?
    + It looks like threaded SMS is now doable.
    + In accessories, no mention of a docking cradle.
    + No mention of talk time with battery, especially if WiFi is on. Or if Bluetooth and WiFi on for that matter!
    + Similarly, the lack of specs on the size/type/cells of Lithium Ion battery used.
    + A Pass code for Power Vision? Interesting...
    + It looks like you can change font size to save real estate space.
    + If I read the manual correctly, even with the built-in GPS you can pare an existing external GPS unit with the T800w with Bluetooth (my Tom Tom One Limited Edition has Bluetooth)
    + Lack of documentation for Sprint Power Vision Features.
    + If I read the manual correctly, no mention if some of the buttons are customizable.

Things I like:

+ Built-in GPS.
    + Built-in Wi-Fi.
    + Built-in Picsel PDF Viewer.
    + Pocket Express included. Sweet!
    + Voice Command!
    + The today screen, which I think is customizable.
    + Visual Voice Mail compared with the older T650 VM layout. Makes you wonder if you can quickly jump from one VM to another out of sequence!
    + The Mobile OneNote Feature, looks interesting.
    + Lots of internal memory (compared with my T650).
    + They kept the infrared feature.
    + Much better keyboard layout than the Palm OS Treos.
    + Built-in features that one would normally have to add with SW extensions with Palm OS Treo. For example, the security features with Butler, IIRC.

Lingering questions:

+If you are on call waiting and answer the other call then hang up, will the person you had put on hold be hung up on as well? (Like what happens in Palm OS.)

+ How will Palm address all the basic PIM conversion from a previous Palm Device, especially if one is converting to a Palm-OS based device to Windows Mobile? I'm especially wondering if you can port previous SMS messages from the old device to the new device.

+ If you owned previous version of Palm OS Software like Agendus, will those software makers offer a discount if you get the WM version of the program? Especially important if you port the same HotSynch user name...

+ Can you use alternate Web browsers like Opera? Even more interesting, will Dataviz offer a Windows version of Docs to Go?

+ Will the Voice Command feature work with existing Bluetooth headsets, a la incoming calls? ("John Doe is calling...")

###
    Last edited by KevMeister; 07/08/2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Sprite does have a wireless backup option (it's had it for a while). I haven't had a chance to use it though since my phone (Touch) doesn't have wifi. Looking forward to trying it out with the 800w though. I love the idea of being able to run nightly backups directly to my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Um, wow!
    Lingering questions:

+ How will Palm address all the basic PIM conversion from a previous Palm Device, especially if one is converting to a Palm-OS based device to Windows Mobile? I'm especially wondering if you can port previous SMS messages from the old device to the new device.

+ If you owned previous version of Palm OS Software like Agendus, will those software makers offer a discount if you get the WM version of the program? Especially important if you port the same HotSynch user name...

+ Can you use alternate Web browsers like Opera? Even more interesting, will Dataviz offer a Windows version of Docs to Go?
    1. The easiet way is to simply sync your Palm device to Outlook. Once all the information is in Outlook and you have Activesync installed (you can download that now from MS), simply sync the 800w and your Contacts, Calendar, Email, and Tasks will all be trasnferred over to the 800w. I am not aware of a way to transfer text messages though.

2. You'll have to contact Agendus for that answer

3. Any web browser that supports Windows Mobile, you can install it on the 800w. Hopefully, the 320x320 resolution will not be an issue.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    You should be able to run DocsToGo on the 800w in 320x320 hi-res through the StyleTap Palm OS emulator.
    can't download the file with opera mini or skyfire on my 700wx. Pocket IE shows code but nothing happens when I click download.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Nothing new really. All the specs were already out a few months ago. The PDF just got more details specific for Sprint. Does anyone know if Sprint will force you to sign up the everything plan like they did with Instinct?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    + Will the Voice Command feature work with existing Bluetooth headsets, a la incoming calls? ("John Doe is calling...")
    Since the manual states that you can't listen to music over a standard bluetooth headset I assume that includes any voice command notifications of incoming calls. I'd love to be proven wrong about that.

If you have a headset that supports A2DP you should hear the voice command notification however, but there are very few (2?) headsets that support A2DP. Here is one.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32729054.html
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast