Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    How many of you are ready to buy the 800w on launch day for full retail price?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I am ready to buy it, but I will be using the upgrade. I am thinking about just putting up the 600, because sprint cs sucks can't ever seem to get anything solved.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    im in.
    I was in but now that ATT will allow discounts on monthly plans for corporate partners, I will jump ship to the iPhone in September when my contract with Sprint ends.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm still debating, I'm running the wm6 rom from ebag on my 700wx and it just plain rocks. But once I go to the sprint store and play with one I know it be hard to resist. I'm going to let others buy it and wait for the reviews.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Anyways since its about 6 days away from being out, I decided to go to the local sprint store today to see if anyone of them have any info, well I asked and they give me this what the hell are you talking about face. So go figure i guess.
    I'll grab it ASAP.
    Last edited by skfny; 07/08/2008 at 05:50 AM.
    I'll get it once you guys beta test it here in the forums. Got my money all saved up.....
    Count me out. Not enough bang for my buck, at this point.
    I'm tired of 2.4" (since 2004, 650/700p/700Wx) screens and so it's the Touch Pro (or Touch Diamond) for me on Sprint. I'm definitely not paying $599 for this as it is yet again a minimal upgrade that is years overdue. Nothing revolutionary yet again from Palm.
    Ebag333 WM6 on my 700Wx is working great for me.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I'm tired of 2.4" (since 2004, 650/700p/700Wx) screens and so it's the Touch Pro (or Touch Diamond) for me on Sprint.
    Have you looked at beta shots of the Touch Pro? It's like double the width of the 700WX.
    Count me in for the 800w
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I am very much looking forward to the 700WX. Why? It's simple. I have had every Sprint version of the Treo (from a 300 forward). I switched to the Mogul because I was intrigued with the idea of WiFi and GPS. I abolutely loved those features on my Mogul, however, I sorely missed the Treoboard. I didn't like the slide out and I didn't like any of the on-screen keyboards (and I tried at least 15). They just don't do it for me. I need the feel of the keys. I type without looking directly and you just can't do that with the little tiny on screen keyboard. Thus, I sold my Mogul last night and am using a 700WX, which has an abysmal screen (compared to the Mogul and my prior 755P) and it lacks the GPS & WiFi. The 800 will resolve all of those issues. For me, the 800W is really the perfect phone (especially since they went away from the silly proprietary connector).

I can't wait! I should be getting my new Slingbox today, so I'm excited to see how that looks on the 800!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Wow, sounds like a lot of people is ready for this thing. I know I will probably get one just for the fact that its something new. At the sametime its hard to let the 700wx go especially in the state its in now with wm6 on it, its just a awsome little device.
    I'll probably hold off for a while. I can't say that I'm 'wowed' by the 800w. Sure, it's got GPS and WiFi, but I've got GPS in the car, and I'm never out of the Sprint coverage area, so WiFi is somewhat unnecessary. And like others have said, with EBagg's WM6 ROM, I'm good for now.

Somehow, I feel like I was hoping for some bling in the new Treo, and this one doesn't do it. If it looked like the 850, maybe I'd be saying something different.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm just reading the treo 800w user guide, and honestly its just like a treo 700wx with wm6.
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    I'm just reading the treo 800w user guide, and honestly its just like a treo 700wx with wm6.
    ... and 320x320 screen and GPS and more RAM and ROM.

I've had to be selective in which apps I install and use on my 700wx. I will be able to do more with an 800w, and kill the battery that much faster.
    I've thought about sticking to the 700wx w/ eBag's ROM, but the difference in price is not that much once I eBay my wx.
    I am not sure if I will get it or not. If I do, it will not be until January when I can do an upgrade. But I'm also considering the Touch Diamond as well as the iPhone. The only thing that is keeping me interested in the 800W is it's one-handed operation.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    ... and 320x320 screen and GPS and more RAM and ROM.

I've had to be selective in which apps I install and use on my 700wx. I will be able to do more with an 800w, and kill the battery that much faster.
    I've thought about sticking to the 700wx w/ eBag's ROM, but the difference in price is not that much once I eBay my wx.
    I was going to mention the GPS more ram and ROM space, but I installed quiet a bit of software on my wx and still have around 52+mbs available. The GPS is a toss up, I had the q9c before i went back to my good ol treo, and honesly its hard as hell to use the GPS while driving. The wifi is a feature I hardly use even when I had a xv6700. But I think I'll eventually get it just cause I like new toys.
    My company gives me several grand each year to spend on books, PDAs, or specific laptops. I either have to use it or lose it, as they don't cash out if it isn't spent. So, I will definitely get either the 850 or 800w. Or both.

I have to say, though, I am liking the Centro I bought with last year's money. Except for the poor battery life and lack of WiFi and multitasking.
    I am getting it. I was mildly considering the iPhone but frankly, the absence of full exchange support is keeping me away. This phone is perfect. It's no iPhone, and it isn't trying to be. I hate that people bash it because it's not like the iPhone. They don't bash Blackberry's for looking nearly identical. This phone will be perfect, and it has everything I need, and the USB connector means I don't have to go out and get all new connectors (I currently have the Mogul).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast