Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Im in!!!!!!!!! I will be returning my pos instinct and getting the 800w!!! I had a 755p for a year before the instinct I miss my treo!!!!!!! Cant wait to try out wm never tried that but always enived it wished i had it on my 755p!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I am getting it. I was mildly considering the iPhone but frankly, the absence of full exchange support is keeping me away. This phone is perfect. It's no iPhone, and it isn't trying to be. I hate that people bash it because it's not like the iPhone. They don't bash Blackberry's for looking nearly identical. This phone will be perfect, and it has everything I need, and the USB connector means I don't have to go out and get all new connectors (I currently have the Mogul).
    Yes, I hate how everything you see these days is a copy of the iphone in some form or another, whether its hardware of gui looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    Yes, I hate how everything you see these days is a copy of the iphone in some form or another, whether its hardware of gui looks.
    It's amazing to me how much of the WM base has been swayed by the iPhone GUI, while at the same time denying its influence.

So many WM devices and software packages are happily riding on the coattails of the iPhone e.g. the 3,456 Black Slab Phones out on the market (they're all iPhone killers!) and Mobile Shell 2, Vito's new iPhone rip off, the freeware...

I'm back to just using the Today Screen with plugins and love it. All the info I need and no extra crap running on top of the OS to bog it down (hello TF3d).

Though I admit I'm probably in the minority, at least I'm not in denial like those who are trying very hard to make their WM device an iPhone, yet deride the iPhone at every turn.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Well put Mal.

I too outgrew the single-tasking two-handed OS years ago and hate to see WM developers regressing. But they must have an audience...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    lawilson2, the 800w's connector is microUSB. The mogul connector is miniUSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbdapeace View Post
    Have you looked at beta shots of the Touch Pro? It's like double the width of the 700WX.
    Count me in for the 800w
    I know, right? It's like 2005/06 all over again. What happened to slimming down like what the rest of the country is doing?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I'll get it the first day available (VZW, FTL). Won't pay retail, eligible for NE2 now. Sort of happy sprint is getting it first, so you guys can be the beta testers for me. But hope VZW release is sooner rather than later, my 700W is getting long in the tooth.
    My close friends have the Instink, iphone and Tilt (ATT). I have the Mogul. I'm ignoring the WOW factor of the Instinct and going for function. I am buying the 800w when its released. I sold a Sanyo 8400, LG Rumor and my Mogul to fund the 800w. I'm ready.
    Like others have said, I am so ready for it. I will be using the upgrade on one of my lines so the cost of entry will be minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Though I admit I'm probably in the minority, at least I'm not in denial like those who are trying very hard to make their WM device an iPhone, yet deride the iPhone at every turn.
    Count me in with you in the minority....

Then again, I need a business phone and don't need/want ATT.

With all that said, I don't get the 800 on launch... I'll let the guinea pigs... I mean, early adopters sort it out first....

Palm has a bad history of not taking care of their customers if they ship a shtay device... 700w... lol... my 700wx is darn near perfect, but I want something new... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Have you looked at beta shots of the Touch Pro? It's like double the width of the 700WX.
    Count me in for the 800w
    Actually, the thickness of the Touch Pro and the 800W are virtually identical. It just looks thicker because the length & width of the Touch Pro are smaller. So it's really about whether you like the slider, or if you are willing to use a slider to gain the larger screen size.
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    I'm just reading the treo 800w user guide, and honestly its just like a treo 700wx with wm6.

and Rev.A

This is the dealbreaker for me to buy. I do a LOT of websurfing, especially on the train.

I tried the web on my buddy's Mogul and it was REAL fast.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    For any one doing mobile blogging or consistently uploading data to the Net or a corporate network via vpn Rev.A could be a big plus. Additionally, it's position as Exchange's mobilemate with enhanced security and manageability could make this an enterprise winner.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    On vzw and jealous you guys are getting this now! Tried sliders, but like one handed operation of my 650. Have an itouch, and touch screen keyboard definitely not one handed. Also I find that unless I put it in landscape mode, I make lots of errors. And even then, I never get the keys at the end right more than 50% of the time. I like the larger screen of course, but you can't have that on a non slider phone without becoming huge. I do wish the 800 was a bit thinner, closer to centro, but then would worry about battery. With gps going big concern is battery. Looking forward to you sprintees telling us what it's like next week.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    and Rev.A

This is the dealbreaker for me to buy. I do a LOT of websurfing, especially on the train.

I tried the web on my buddy's Mogul and it was REAL fast.
    Oh yea, I forgot about the Rev A, so did I miss it or is Rev A there on launch day??
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    it's in the specs in the manual. should be there @ launch
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    it's in the specs in the manual. should be there @ launch
    Sweet, can't wait to go mess with it when its out.
    Count me in for the 800w
    There's no reason to exaggerate. The Touch Pro is NOT any thicker than my 700Wx. Maybe you need to take a better look at comparison shots. Like I said, no 800w for me @ $599.
    I'd rather pay that much for something more revolutionary than the same tired marginal insults we get from Palm.
    Personally speaking, I sure don't find the Touch Pro revolutionary...just evolutionary.

All they did was up the specs, made it shiny and slapped a huge UI to run over the OS.

If the 800w is just lipstick on a pig, then the Touch Pro is just a flat out *****, lol.

Everything is done to make you think your not running WM, but an iPhone.

jmo
    So let me say up front I like things like Internet Browsing and Video and I do a lot of it on my Treo and have since I had the first HandSpring product what seems like decades ago. For email I use gmail which is also browser based.

My plan is to buy the Iphone on Friday, I can't really call myself gadgetfreaky anymore if I don't at least try it can I?

Of course not!

I think Blackberry will eventually lose share to Apple when they come out with the rumored Iphone keyboard version and I think the Apple OS is far superior to anything out there period.

So I plan to give the Iphone a shot for at least 30 days to see if I can live with the lower battery life. If not Ill go back to Treo 800 on sprint and then wait another 30 days and return it for a HTC Touch Pro (I know the touch is sep 2, but hopefully the pro is not far behind)

July 10--Aug 10, Iphonne
    August 10-September 10 Treoo 300
    September 10- HTC Touch (pro hopefully)

Of course if I end up loving all the new Iphone apps, and they launch slingbox on it(I use that a lot), then I'm in the long term with ATT (ICK).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast