1.    #1  
    Anyone know how I can change the software version number?

I am experimenting with ROM WM6 updates, but unless I can actually change the version number, I cannot get the "upgrade" feature of Sprite Backup to work.

Sprite Backup has an "upgrade" feature that will load up only data and applications that will not conflict with a ROM Upgrade (supposedly), but it auto-detects the ROM change - presumably by version number - and right now it is not detecting a ROM update.

I am trying to test this out but am stymied. I am assuming there is either a registry entry i can edit or something in the ROM update files.

Nay help would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know of a permanant way to do so. All attempts I've done to do so permanantly have failed.

Look at my MortScript included on the full ROM's (the shortcut is under System in the Program list). That will allow you to change it until a soft reset.

Speaking of which...I need to make it give some feedback...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I don't know of a permanant way to do so. All attempts I've done to do so permanantly have failed.

Look at my MortScript included on the full ROM's (the shortcut is under System in the Program list). That will allow you to change it until a soft reset.

Speaking of which...I need to make it give some feedback...
    Cool - I'll try that out.
  4.    #4  
    Changing that reg entry worked!

Even better , as it is only a temporary change, I don't have to worry about what version number I end up with at the end, as it will be 1.15.
    I think the version is stored in a "token", but not sure how to edit it
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    you can fiddle with the token in bootloader mode with mtty.

run cdmar bl usb

then once you have a command like type "?" and hit enter there are some rtoken commands in there. other then that no idea.