Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Here's hoping that the battery for the 800 will fit either the old palm battery charger or the centro battery charger. I tend to charge the battery and change them as needed for my 700
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    The 800w will have the mini-USB port now. Just like the rest of the PDA line (HTC, Motorola, etc.). So the 700 series chargers will not work. Unless they are shipping the phone with some kind of adapter.
    Rumor is the battery will be the same one as in the Centro (1300mAh) - not sure if that answers your question though. Do you use an external (cradle?) to charge your battery?

btw 800w will have the new Micro-usb.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 07/07/2008 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Rumor is the battery will be the same one as in the Centro (1300mAh)
    It's actually 1150 mah.

The batteries do not fit the old chargers--it has a new connector on it. And yes, it's microUSB.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Does 1150 mah that mean less talk time?
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    Does 1150 mah that mean less talk time?
    Yesssss, definitely seems to be so. I have a Seidio 2400mAh (extended, 650/700p/700Wx came standard with 1800mah) in my 700Wx and it gets me through the day.
    I played with a Centro for a week and almost committed "Seppuku" in disgust at the battery life.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I have been using a centro for a week now (replaced my 755p) and continue to be skeptical of the battery. I also had the Siedio 2200 (same size) on my 755p and had over 50% left at the end of the day with moderate usage. But I really think the Centro's 'innards' are better optimized for battery life. I am now at 35-40% at the end of the day. Considering the battery is half the capacity, I would say that is very good.

But, I am really worried that I will be out of the office one day and have HEAVY usage and the centro battery will fail me. I don't want to carry anything extra. On the other hand, I am used to the screen and keyboard and the fact that you can't see the LED by looking down at your waist. I love the size and am used to the paint too.

What a hard decision to make. The size is really not THAT different but it certainly feels that way. The device also feels so much 'snappier'. I can live with the screen, keyboard, led and paint. So it all comes down to the battery.

I still don't know which I am going to use full time and which will be my 'backup' (I always keep a spare in the office if any of my 6 Treo's die and it takes more than a few hours for a replacement.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I have 12 friends now with the Centro. Outside of charging it every night (like all smartphones), none of them have complained or mentioned battery life being a problem.

I used it from Oct till last month and never felt compelled to carry a charger or use another battery.

The 800w will be like all WM devices: for some the battery will be fine, but for others it will not. Either way, a BlackBerry will still beat it in this area ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The 800w will be like all WM devices: for some the battery will be fine, but for others it will not. Either way, a BlackBerry will still beat it in this area ;-)
    Not sure. I heard the battery life of BB Bold 9000 is not so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I have 12 friends now with the Centro. Outside of charging it every night (like all smartphones), none of them have complained or mentioned battery life being a problem.

I used it from Oct till last month and never felt compelled to carry a charger or use another battery.

I must be doing something wrong. My 700wx (with double the battery) would barely make it through the working hours if I didn't charge it midday. My wife tried a Centro and hated the battery life. She is now using a 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. My 700wx (with double the battery) would barely make it through the working hours if I didn't charge it midday. My wife tried a Centro and hated the battery life. She is now using a 700p.
    I can use my 700wx battery in less than 3 hours if I try.

I can also go 2 days without charging, if I try.

It all depends on how you use it, what settings you have, what you have running, how often you use it, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I can use my 700wx battery in less than 3 hours if I try.

I can also go 2 days without charging, if I try.

It all depends on how you use it, what settings you have, what you have running, how often you use it, etc.
    Absolutely. But I find that even on days I don't use it that much, ActiveSync, calls, XCast updates, and some moderate browsing manage to suck a 2400mAh extended battery dry and then some with beam and BT turned off. I'll be getting a spare 800w battery or three.