1.    #1  
    Hi,

My wife & I both use Sherweb for our hosted exchange. Is there a way to have a shared calendar that we can both put things into? Is there a way to integrate that into the Treo?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hi,

My wife & I both use Sherweb for our hosted exchange. Is there a way to have a shared calendar that we can both put things into? Is there a way to integrate that into the Treo?

Thanks,
    Rich
    It really depends on what you want to do other than that.

Some basic questions:

Do you want to have only 1 calendar that both of you use or do you each want your own personal calendar and then a shared one?

If you want them to be integrated with your exchange server you can log on with the same account on both phones and sync them up.

What my wife and I use though is google calendar for this. We have a calendar set up and we just use the browser from our phones to access it. We can both add events and view them based on this.

You do not get the reminders like from the integrated calendar but it works well. The only issue that bugs me is that the SMS reminders can only go to one phone at a time (the registered one)
    With WM6 you can easily setup multiple exchange accounts, so each phone could have one for personal, and one for shared (total of 3 accounts).

It *SHOULD* (in theory) work. I don't believe anyone's tried it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    With WM6 you can easily setup multiple exchange accounts, so each phone could have one for personal, and one for shared (total of 3 accounts).

It *SHOULD* (in theory) work. I don't believe anyone's tried it.
    Hrmm, different calendars too?
    Quote Originally Posted by asbestos View Post
    Hrmm, different calendars too?
    I don't know how it'd work to be honest. Never tried it.

You may have to live with one calander that shows your private and shared appointments. You can setup filters to only show certain catagories, however, which may work for your purposes.
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am thinking maybe only one Exchange account... just like WM5. Or else I don't see how it is done. Only place to add an Exchange Activesync account that I found is through the Activesync app which only allows one 'configured server'.

OP - If you don't like the idea of using Outlook Web access or Google calendar to view through a browser you might be able to set up a passable system with Outlook rules and do it all from your current inbox/calendar.

Basically, your wife would create a new appointment and add you as an attendee, then send it. Your outlook rule would see that a new 'Meeting Invitation' from 'Your Wife' arrived in your inbox. The rule would then assign this message to the category of 'Family Calendar'.

You and your wife would each have a copy of it on your personal calendar... you can then filter on your phone to only show 'Family Calendar' category or 'all categories except Family Calendar'. Your wife can also change information on the appointment and choose to 'Update Attendees'. An added bonus is that you will both know immediately if the other has added or modified an appointment as you will have to 'accept' the invitation when it arrives.

A couple quirks... if anyone looks at your free/busy time, you may show you as 'busy' or 'tentative' during a family appointment (could be a good thing). Since you are using a non-corporate Exchange system I bet this won't matter to you at all. Also, some Outlook Rules require that the Outlook client remain open. I am pretty sure the ones I describe run 'at the server'. You set them through Outlook and they still run after Outlook closes.