Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    When the Treo 800w does get released for Sprint I decided that I was going to order it through Telesales, since I have heard that some Sprint stores try save them for new customers when they don't have as many in stock.

I was just wondering, for anyone that has ordered through Telesales before, can you order no sooner than the release date of the phone?

Thank you very much,

~J
    Sprints driving me crazy with this phone. I called telesales on the phone yesterday to inquire and they said they have no clue about release date and try back in a few weeks. with a week to go I find that strange. I called two sprint stores in NJ and one salesperson never heard of the phone and the other say not any time soon. I did the same with my purchase of the 700P and Centro and weeks before I got answers and a week before the release of the centro I was able to go to the sprint store and check out the centro which they got a week early (Which they sold to me a week early). Driving me crazy. Im going to a sprint store in manhattan on monday to ask them. I got to see the instinct a week ealry and all the sprint stores i sent to were telling me about it 3 weeks before release . this 800W is different for some reason. no one has a diffinitive answer .I hope they stick with the july 13 date.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I called telesales on the phone yesterday to inquire and they said they have no clue about release date and try back in a few weeks. with a week to go I find that strange.
    Technically the reps aren't supposed to say a word about new phones until the day they're released. Some reps fudge a bit and will tell you about them soon (like I've had 3 ecare conversations, two reps disavowed all knowledge, one did say that it was being released on the 13th).

So the rep you talked to is actually following procedure. Silly, I know, but Palm likes to keep things under wraps.

a week before the release of the centro I was able to go to the sprint store and check out the centro which they got a week early (Which they sold to me a week early).
    Stores and Telesales can sell phones approx a week early to business customers. They're not supposed to sell them to non-business clients, but sometimes they will (as a mistake, they don't care, or they might be trying to retain your business).
    so since today is a week from the sale date in theory stores should get them by tomorrw. For the centro sold it to me no questions, i reported it here ( made the front page ) and some other memebers got it and some others were told NO come back in a week. Depends on the store you go to. SO tomorrow I will start looking in sprint stores for it.
    I called Sprint a few days ago about the Instinct and the rep had no idea what it was. Asking them for info on upcoming phone is a waste of time. Just wait until it hits the website and have at it.
    Sprints driving me crazy with this phone. I called telesales on the phone yesterday to inquire and they said they have no clue about release date and try back in a few weeks. with a week to go I find that strange.
    I really don't find anything strange about it at all. You give the Sprint reps way too much credit. Many of the Sprint reps are clueless and they are often the last to know anyways. To them, its just a job, they aren't phone enthusiasts like the people on this board and likely could care less about when a certain phone is released. You probably know more about the 800w than most of them.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Try your local Corporate store on July 10th. Minnetonka, MN store reps & a higher-up that was in the store told me the 10th is the date.
    Sprint store employees are no longer paid by new sales but instead paid on actual number of phone sales. they would love for you to shop at a corporate store and will not treat you any different. GREAT JOB HESSE!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Truth telesales can't sell u a phone before the date?

unknow fact maybe maybe not every store can enroll in a special program where one store rep will receive a phone days, sometimes weeks, months before its out.. so if u want to see it just ask they will prob have them starting tomorrow
    I went into the sprint store on 5th avenue in NYC today and I asked about the 800w and the rep said July 20th. (not sure if he was making a mistake). I told him I will be back in 2 weeks. as I as leaving it said 'its worth the wait'. I told him I hope so. I just hope he was mistaken with the date. I bet he was. all signs online point to the end of this week. Friday I will try another sprint store in midtown manhattan.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/07/2008 at 06:03 PM.
    In my experience, eCare is the only way to deal with Sprint CS. They told me July 13th with a 449 price. It wasn't clear if this was before of after my $150 upgrade discount, but the email said :

"The phone will be launched on July 13, 2008 and the price of the phone is $449.99."

$50 more than a Centro? We'll see.
    I'm a long time Palm user, about to make the switch. Two things.....

1) I'm reluctant to buy another Treo after all the issues I've had with my 650, 700p, and now 755. I have a love/hate thing. I love the versatility and form factor, but I just hate the constant issues. I don't know why, but I'm about to make another purchase to a product and a company who continue to put out products that have "known" issues and act like it doesn't exist. Someone please stop me!

2) why does Palm / Sprint try to conceal or hide release info? You see all the hype and hub-bub from Apple and you'd think they'd learn something. Palm and Sprint do the soft and quiet rollout....Apple makes it widely known and makes it into a party. That is how a company should feel about thier product.....celebrate its release!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm74 View Post
    I'm a long time Palm user, about to make the switch. Two things.....

1) I'm reluctant to buy another Treo after all the issues I've had with my 650, 700p, and now 755. I have a love/hate thing. I love the versatility and form factor, but I just hate the constant issues. I don't know why, but I'm about to make another purchase to a product and a company who continue to put out products that have "known" issues and act like it doesn't exist. Someone please stop me!

2) why does Palm / Sprint try to conceal or hide release info? You see all the hype and hub-bub from Apple and you'd think they'd learn something. Palm and Sprint do the soft and quiet rollout....Apple makes it widely known and makes it into a party. That is how a company should feel about thier product.....celebrate its release!!!!

1) The 700wx is for the most part in a different class than the 755p/700p/650. It has been rock solid and many consider it perfect as is.

2) Palm has been gunshy it seems since they announced the Palm m500 series a few months in advance and Palm Vx sales plummeted. Apple announced the iPhone, which ate away at other maker's phone sales, not Apple's. And they announced the 3G iPhone a few weeks before launch, but they had already cleared older gen iPhone inventory by that time.
    yeah its annoying. Someone at work today said to me 'friday is the big day, I'm like what. she said 'the new Iphone. I said Treo 800W and she was like HUH. I told her about the phone and she said if she was getting a phone the 800w sounds like the phone to get. imagine if palm /sprint made it known about there devices. people would get excited. I mean jeez someone finds the PDF for it on there site and they take it down like babys.
    anyways I called the sprint store in New Brunswich NJ tonight. I asked when the 800 was released and she says we got it. I told her I will be right there will she sell it to me. she puts me on hold and comes back and then tells me sorry we don't have it. come in on sunday. I was that close. Treo Interuptus.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    I really don't find anything strange about it at all. You give the Sprint reps way too much credit. Many of the Sprint reps are clueless and they are often the last to know anyways. To them, its just a job, they aren't phone enthusiasts like the people on this board and likely could care less about when a certain phone is released. You probably know more about the 800w than most of them.
    I agree. Anyone who occasionally visits treocentral will have more knowledge about Treo/Centro than Sprint reps.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    lol, I checked Manhatten today (34th street) and they didn't have it, though the CSR wanted one too.
    and I stopped by the Sprint store that earlier stated they would have demo's this week and none have shown.
    called sprint store on 34st in manhattan. they told me 2 weeks. uggg . can't get any sold info. so far told July 21 and July 27. still hopin this weekend.
    called sprint store on 34st in manhattan. they told me 2 weeks. uggg . can't get any sold info. so far told July 21 and July 27. still hopin this weekend.
    I'm thinking that any CSRs that say the 27th had trouble reading that poorly done release list....
    Does anyone have a list of TeleSales numbers that have sold devices before public release in the past?

I would imagine someone has a list of business-only numbers we can try tomorrow morning on the "official" "BP" release date.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast