Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. zyfy's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
       #1  
    I usually used my neighbor's wireless to go internet. They just secured it.
    I used to tried to use my Treo 700wx w/ sprint sero plan tethered my PC to go to internet (Bluetooth dialup network) and no charge. but that was last year. wondering anything change now? I will not download movie, software. just browse normally. but I do use MSN live messenger to talk to my friend. do I really have to use PDAnet?
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    WM6 allows you to use Internet Connection Sharing to browse the internet from your PC via your phone.

    You may (or may not) get charged data usage (phone as a modem).

    There is also USBModem availible in both WM5 and WM6 that allows the same thing. You will get charged data usage (phone as a modem).
  3. zyfy's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
       #3  
    no problem to connect internet using BT DUN, I am using it to post now.
    I am using wm5, their newest rom I guess. but will sprint catch this and be charged now? anybody know?
  4. #4  
    I've been doing it for a long time. Never been charged on sero. It just shows up as normal data usage on my sprint page. If you're not wanting to risk it, use pdanet or what ebag suggested.
  5. #5  
    I use pdanet with no problem
  6. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #6  
    k ? how do u get phone as a modem to wrk? I went to sprint.con/downloads istalled the usb phone as modem software I click phone as a modem link on my phone then it says activated put the software on the pc says please connect a data card or a evdo device.

    What am I doing wrong?
  7. #7  
    Easiest way.

    Set your phone as a modem (via the USBModem screen).

    Plug your Sync Cable into your PC.

    The PC should detect the phone (as a modem) and want to install drivers.

    Get the drivers off Palm's site for the DUN (Dial Up Networking) for the phone. Install these drivers.

    You're PC will be connected and see the phone as a modem. From there on out you need to create a new connection, with the dial out number as #777 (if you're on Sprint at least).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    WM6 allows you to use Internet Connection Sharing to browse the internet from your PC via your phone.

    You may (or may not) get charged data usage (phone as a modem).

    There is also USBModem availible in both WM5 and WM6 that allows the same thing. You will get charged data usage (phone as a modem).
    Ebag,

    Are you saying you get charged for additional PAM charges when using USBModem? I've been using it for a while and have seen no such charges. I don't use it excessively.
  9. zyfy's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
       #9  
    Why pdanet will absolutely get no charge? sprint will still see the data usage, right? Just check my account, yesterday I used 24MB on power vision.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Ebag,

    Are you saying you get charged for additional PAM charges when using USBModem? I've been using it for a while and have seen no such charges. I don't use it excessively.
    I believe there's a reg key that needs to be set for the carrier not to detect that you are using USBModem as phone-as-a-modem. (No linkie, I don't remember where I saw that either so don't ask. )

    Sprint may not charge you. But if you get a $500 phone bill, you have no one to blame but yourself.

    When I got my 650 I used it as a phone-as-a-modem, and didn't get charged for a while. A billing cycle or two later, there were charges. I switched to the DUN hack, and no more charges, but if I got any I was prepared to pay up.

    Quote Originally Posted by zyfy View Post
    Why pdanet will absolutely get no charge? sprint will still see the data usage, right? Just check my account, yesterday I used 24MB on power vision.
    PDANet basically does the same thing that Internet Connection Sharing does. Basically it turns your phone into a router, so Sprint/Verizon/whoever thinks you're doing all your surfing from your phone.

Posting Permissions