Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am about to order a case from Nutshell for my 700wx. In everyones opinion what is better magnetic flap or Velcro flap?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    I am about to order a case from Nutshell for my 700wx. In everyones opinion what is better magnetic flap or Velcro flap?
    Magnetic... Velcro is harder to open and more prone to wearing out.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I agree...go with velco (or a snap!) I've heard bad things about magnets. Technically, a treo is a baby computer....and computers and magnets are a big no no.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Technically, a treo is a baby computer....and computers and magnets are a big no no.
    Most modern storage devices, such as SD and CompactFlash memory cards, are immune to magnetic fields. "There's nothing magnetic in flash memory, so [a magnet] won't do anything," says Bill Frank, executive director of the CompactFlash Association. "A magnet powerful enough to disturb the electrons in flash would be powerful enough to suck the iron out of your blood cells," says Frank.
    (Referance: http://www.pcworld.com/article/11657..._pc_myths.html )

I've set my Treo on top of my Redfly (which has 4 magnets in it, two per side, which are quite powerful) with zero issues. The magnet in the holsters are not near powerful enough to damage the phone.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Are the magnets powerful enough that if you turned the case upside down and shook it that they would not disconnect?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    When I'm in a meeting, I couldn't stand the velcro sound when I reached for my Treo. I definitely prefer the magnet.
    I have had both cases and also suggest magnetic flap. I do make it a point though to keep the case away from the wallet, as the magnet is capable of messing the plastic up.

I have my Centro in a Palm branded leather horizontal case that carried my 700P for a couple of years - just turned it upside down and shook, the Centro did not come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    I have the Palm case with magnet flap. Turned it upside down and shook pretty hard without any release. The magnet flap works great and is quiet.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Magnet! If my wife's asleep and my case is closed, Velcro is just too loud .

I got this one in black: http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoski...d=10&model=261. I got it for about $5 or $6 shipped on e-bay a year and a half ago. Still going strong!