Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    According to the sprint site I am eligible for the $150 discount in November of 08. If I get a $150 credit towards the estimated $599.00 Treo 800w it would cost $449.00.

The question is, what do I have to do to get the phone for $249 as reported in other threads? Is that only for new subscribers?

I am getting the Treo 800w as soon as it is available. I am just trying to decide if I will buy it for full price on one of my other lines that are not eligible for a discount. Then buy a second 800w in November for the discounted price and sell it on ebay to recover some money lost buying the first phone at full price.
    A new line of service?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    According to the sprint site I am eligible for the $150 discount in November of 08. If I get a $150 credit towards the estimated $599.00 Treo 800w it would cost $449.00.

The question is, what do I have to do to get the phone for $249 as reported in other threads? Is that only for new subscribers?

I am getting the Treo 800w as soon as it is available. I am just trying to decide if I will buy it for full price on one of my other lines that are not eligible for a discount. Then buy a second 800w in November for the discounted price and sell it on ebay to recover some money lost buying the first phone at full price.
    I was pretty sure that you can get the $249 price even if you were upgrading. I thought I read there was a $100 instant rebate and a $100 mailin bringing the price down to $249.

If that is true, you should be all set.

~J
    what NBA said...

I've had a hit or miss experience in the past, but generally, if you are eligible for your 150, and are willing to reup 2 more years, you can get it as the "new customer" sticker price
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    what NBA said...

I've had a hit or miss experience in the past, but generally, if you are eligible for your 150, and are willing to reup 2 more years, you can get it as the "new customer" sticker price
    I concur; I just email Ecare and ask for the pricing. They advise me to go to the purchase the phone, activate it, contact them afterwards, and they issue a credit to my account for the difference.

In fact when I purchssed my Centro, I was only eligable for a $75 upgrade. I asked for the $150 and got it as well as a credit for the mail in rebate (no snail mail), and they credited me for the activation fee.

I've been with Sprint 10 years and yes, I'm a "fanboy".
    My experience has been like BBossman1's (I have been a customer for 7 years) - I emailed eCare about upgrading to the Q9c when I was only eligible for the $75 rebate and got the new subscriber price as well as a 10% loyalty discount. I paid full price at a store and then they gave me a discount on my bill. The discount did not come through the first month, so I had to write them again and then I got two discounts. So my Q9c was free. Just keep all of your emails and pay attention to your bill.
    I will sell my Mogul and hope to get around $200-$250 for it. Then use my $75 rebate. That should get it around the low $200's. Try to get creative. Start ebaying crap around the house. I have over $300 in my Paypal account from doing this. I'm ready for the phone to come out. I got the cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I will sell my Mogul and hope to get around $200-$250 for it. Then use my $75 rebate. That should get it around the low $200's. Try to get creative. Start ebaying crap around the house. I have over $300 in my Paypal account from doing this. I'm ready for the phone to come out. I got the cash.
    I'm in almost the same boat. I sold my Mogul on Ebay for $250 but then I bought the Instinct. Huge mistake! That bad boy goes back to Best Buy on Monday and I go back to my Samsung flip phone until the Treo comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina2475 View Post
    I'm in almost the same boat. I sold my Mogul on Ebay for $250 but then I bought the Instinct. Huge mistake! That bad boy goes back to Best Buy on Monday and I go back to my Samsung flip phone until the Treo comes out.
    Almost bought the Instinct. They wanted me to change my plan. Oh, hell no! No sync with Outlook, No sync with Exchange, No PDA, No sale. I want the Treo. I need the RAM. Mogul struggling to keep up with me.
    I just had too many problems with my Instinct to sacrifice the WM benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    My experience has been like BBossman1's (I have been a customer for 7 years) - I emailed eCare about upgrading to the Q9c when I was only eligible for the $75 rebate and got the new subscriber price as well as a 10% loyalty discount. I paid full price at a store and then they gave me a discount on my bill. The discount did not come through the first month, so I had to write them again and then I got two discounts. So my Q9c was free. Just keep all of your emails and pay attention to your bill.
    I was a little more fortunate, I emaile Ecare right after activating my Centro and the credit showed up as a negative balance on my account within 4 hours. I didn't have to pay for service for 2 months. YMMV
    $249.99 after mail-in-rebate and 2yr agreement.
    Source: phonearena.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What is the eCare e-mail address? I've been month-to-month with Sprint for about 2 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    $249.99 after mail-in-rebate and 2yr agreement.
    Source: phonearena.com
    So what is the price BEFORE mail-in-rebate. Is it $249.99 after a 5 billion dollar rebate?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    So what is the price BEFORE mail-in-rebate. Is it $249.99 after a 5 billion dollar rebate?
    $599 according to the Sprint inventory document released awhile back.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What is the eCare e-mail address? I've been month-to-month with Sprint for about 2 years now.
    ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com
    Do one of you mind posting your email that you sent to ecare? I am curious as to what your wording was.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    I was a little more fortunate, I emaile Ecare right after activating my Centro and the credit showed up as a negative balance on my account within 4 hours. I didn't have to pay for service for 2 months. YMMV
    Can I assume this renewed your two-year commitment?
    I just spoke with my local sprint store. The salesmen just received his notifacation for 800w Training. My plan on my wx is over in November of this year. I asked if knew about aplicable rebates. He believed that the phone would be $350 out the door (2yr service plan) with a $100.00 mail-in rebate.
    We'll see
    I recently emailed eCare to see what they would offer me on the 800w. I have two lines that are both only a year into a 2 year contract. Here is what they came back with:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am glad to assist you with the phone upgrade details.

The two lines of the account are eligible for upgrade as :

- #xxxx eligible for immediate upgrade with $75.00 rebate with two year subscriber agreement
    - #xxxx eligible for immediate upgrade with $150.00 rebate with two year subscriber agreement and also the $100.00 mail in rebate

The Treo 800w will be launched on July 13, 2008 and you upgrade to this phone on #xxxx then you get the total rebate of $250.00. The retail price of the phone is $599.99 and the price that will be charged to you for upgrade on #xxxx is $349.99. The contract will be renewed with the phone upgrade."

Why one line is eligible for the additional discount and not the other, I do not know...considering they were both opened the same day and have the same plans. I plan on following up on this with them, and also trying to get them down to the $250 price.

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast