1.    #1  
    Thank you to anyone who has suggestions!

I have reinstalled ActiveSync on the computer, run the install disc from the Treo; reset the computer and the Treo. I have opened the Comodo firewall for all the ActiveSync applications, turned off Windows Firewall (reset computer and Treo after that). Tried all the different USB ports on the laptop too. The Network Connections does show the mobile device and even shows packets going back and forth. Did a dance and waved a wand, but sill:

When ActiveSync tries to connect it finally pops the message that it cannot connect (and of course offers to trouble shoot which, after going through those things too, it still can't connect).

If anyone has any suggestion I'd sure be grateful for it! I have downloaded the USBSwitch utility, but can't find it to try that....

Amy
    Couple of things.

1) You shouldn't need to open the firewall for USB. Any firewall.

2) Make sure you're using the latest ActiveSync. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

3) USBSwitch should be on your phone. Make sure it's RNDIS USB and not Serial.

Your cable may be bad as well (mine gets disconnected if I breath on it too much).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'll see about a new cable. The other things I did try and didn't have any success with. I'm a bit skeptical about the cable because the computer sees the connection, just ActiveSync doesn't. That and last time I tried to sync with my old desktop this way it worked great. Coincides with getting this new laptop up and running....

Somewhere in another forum someone said they couldn't get theirs working and didn't have much encouragement from Palm either. So maybe I'm stuck and will turn in the Treo for a regular phone again. No sense having it if I can't sync with my contacts and calendar. :-(

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!!!
    If you have a relationship already set up, try deleting it on both the laptop and the PDA and recreating it. I've had it stop working in the past and this solved the problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    Am sorry to be a pest, but I don't know how to delete the relationship(s). Is there a short version of instructions you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks very much!!!
    On the PPC Go to Start Menu>Programs>ActiveSync Hit the right menu item, and select Options. Scroll down to select your PC that you are having trouble syncing with. (you may only have 1. I have 1.Exchange Server 2. Windows PC 2 3. Windows PC ) and delete.

I'm using Vista now, so I can't remember how ActiveSync works, but if I remeber you open Activesync on the PC and go to File>Connections or Devices or Partnerships or something like that and delete the partnership or device.

With Vista, you just open Windows Mobile Device Center and it will have a Connections Menu displayed, click on Delete partnership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Couple of things.

1) You shouldn't need to open the firewall for USB. Any firewall.
    Everytime I plug my Treo into my laptop (XP) it creates a Local Area Connection that shows up in my network connections and gets an IP address of 169.254.x.x that our craptastic 5 year old blackice firewall will block if I don't turn it off.

But I think most modern firewalls do let that stuff pass through.
  8.    #8  
    I am still having trouble finding relationships to delete. When I open ActiveSync and look at the File menu, everything is greyed hence, not selectable. I can sure see the "Options" selection, but its not available to me.

So I guess I'm still looking for suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks very much everyone for taking a few minutes to help me think this through!
    Amy
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceAHP View Post
    I am still having trouble finding relationships to delete. When I open ActiveSync and look at the File menu, everything is greyed hence, not selectable. I can sure see the "Options" selection, but its not available to me.

So I guess I'm still looking for suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks very much everyone for taking a few minutes to help me think this through!
    Amy
    Disconnect the phone from the PC, then do the relationship deletions.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for that suggestion, even with the phone not plugged into the PC, the menu does not make the Options selection available. :s