1.    #1  
    Just curious as to the limitation of size of the microSD/SDHC card slot

I know on the Motorola Q9c it will take up to 32 gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Just curious as to the limitation of size of the microSD/SDHC card slot

I know on the Motorola Q9c it will take up to 32 gb.
    2 3/4 gb

nah, seriously SDHC is a standard and therefore all are equal--it'll take whatever SDHC goes up to, so long as the OS can "see" that much.

PalmOS SDHC devices have a "limit" only because the OS gets confused after 4gb (or was it 2gb), but they still work.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    My understanding is it will handle an 8GB card.
    I have to go home now...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I think 8 is all that is available right now. But I think 16s and 32s are supposed to be out by holiday.

I'm still blown away by 8gb in the form factor of micro SD.

p.s. a memory door covers the memory slot and its not as easy to swap the memory as on a Titan/Mogul. More like a Touch.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Palm OS freaks out at any volume size larger than 4GB. 8gb is the largest current microSDHC size out now but 16GB fullsize SDHC cards are out & plentiful, with 32GB cards just barely starting to trickle out.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    With 4GB Micro SDHC memory cards costing less than $20.00 online, I think internal memory on all smartphones should be at least 1GB. Would it really raise costs too much for the phone manufacturers to include 1GB or 2GB of internal memory?
    I personally would have preferred an SD card. I'm always afraid I'm gonna break/lose the micro cards. Plus 32 gig SD cards are supposed to be out soon....

Oh well. The smaller size means cutbacks need to be made everywhere possible.
    I haven't seen any newer phone use a full size SD card in quite some time. Looks like microSD(or M2 if Sony) is standard phone memory now, while full size SD(or Pro Duo if Sony) is for cameras.

I understand what you're saying about losing them. I nearly lost one yesterday, and found another last month that I must have dropped around here somewhere. You really have to keep them inside the phone!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What's the best deal on Micro SD cards these days? I'm upgrading to the 800w and will sorely miss my regular 2GB Ultra SD card. Does the speed of Micro SD Cards matter anymore?
    I have a 8GB card and it works as advertised
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What's the best deal on Micro SD cards these days?
    I found an 8GB microSDHC card on Amazon for $23.60.
    Awesome Rhody! I just bought two for less than what I paid for my 6GB micro sd card!
    Quote Originally Posted by TazExprez View Post
    With 4GB Micro SDHC memory cards costing less than $20.00 online, I think internal memory on all smartphones should be at least 1GB. Would it really raise costs too much for the phone manufacturers to include 1GB or 2GB of internal memory?
    I think they don't do that is simply for the reason you just stated. Yea, they could put 2GB of storage in the device, but if you're going to go out and buy a $20 4GB card, why should they bother in the first place? The whole point of an expansion slot is to be able to have as much storage as you can carry and your device can handle. If they put a 1GBor 2GB onboard storage, people will just start saying that it's not enough space and go buy memory cards anyways.

It's just not necessary to have a large on board memory when there's an expansion slot in the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What's the best deal on Micro SD cards these days? I'm upgrading to the 800w and will sorely miss my regular 2GB Ultra SD card. Does the speed of Micro SD Cards matter anymore?
    I always look at newegg.com when shopping for good deals. Their prices are hard to beat. I got an 4G SDHC card for like $20 bucks 3 weeks ago.
    amazon.com $27 8gb microsdhc