1.    #1  
    When i was tinkering last night trying to get my prl back, i ended up messing my firmware up so the radio would not turn on.

this morning i chatted live with palm. they told me to take the Sprint updater and just flash its firmware not the rom. and low and behold it works. it appears to be the same firmware rev as the telus stock firmware

BUTTTTTT thats not it, not only did it work and it didnt change anything crucial to connecting to the telus network it also...

ENABLED ALL VERISON ## COMMANDS (tellus uses the same ## format)

something i noticed is Telus disables half the ## commands like ##PRI for example. however after the firmware flash all ## commands that i could not use before are now available.

dont know if any one els figured this out but, its nice to not have a crippled treo anymore.
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 07/04/2008 at 09:11 AM.
    this morning i chatted live with palm. they told me to take the verizon updater and just flash its firmware not the rom. and low and behold it works. it appears to be the same firmware rev as the telus stock firmware
    Can you tell me how you do that? I can't get the ##PRI to work also.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Can you tell me how you do that? I can't get the ##PRI to work also.
    Ok sorry i was mistaken it was the Sprint F/W i flashed (was extremely tired last night). however like i said it didnt brand it sprint nor did it change anything that i can tell that's crucial to its operation besides the fact that all ## codes now work.

IT also fixed my radio issue where it wouldn't stay on.

use CDMA updater to flash the firmware. i have attached a link to where i have hosted the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4w3zher1mm2
    Juggalo, the link is no longer active. I have the CDMA updater from the sprint support section on the palm site, but it doesn't appear to update the firmware, only the ROM and bootloader.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathor7791 View Post
    Juggalo, the link is no longer active. I have the CDMA updater from the sprint support section on the palm site, but it doesn't appear to update the firmware, only the ROM and bootloader.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    You have to run cdmaupdater.exe instead, then press the 'left' soft key to get the hidden menu. the problem is cdmaupdater will also update your prl and you have no option to disable that yet..., so have to do a *22803 afterward
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    When i was tinkering last night trying to get my prl back, i ended up messing my firmware up so the radio would not turn on.

this morning i chatted live with palm. they told me to take the Sprint updater and just flash its firmware not the rom. and low and behold it works. it appears to be the same firmware rev as the telus stock firmware
    Any chance this would work with a BELL handset?.........would the BELL handset be able to update it's PRL the same way or is this only a Telus provision?
    I tried updating the firmware on my Telus handset. Phone and Text messaging work fine, but my Data won't connect at all now. I suspect they're settings in the NVbackup that were corrupted, but who knows.

I did notice a marked improvement in call quality and phone reception though.

I'd make sure you have a working backup of your NV before attempting.

Does anyone know what's the difference between the Sprint, Verizon and "generic" settings when backing up/restoring NV using CDMAupdater are?