Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    My supervisor just changed his touch for a 800w with no issues.
    I joined via SERO a few weeks ago and purchased the 755p and the Centro for my wife. I called SERO and TeleSales last week numerous times to make sure that I can exchange my phone. I was told that I had to exchange my phone through the mail since I did everything online. On Friday, I got a hold of someone who told me to go to a Corporate Sprint store and they could do it. Sure enough, I drove 1 hr to a corporate store, and they gladly exchanged both of our phones with no problems.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimphand View Post
    So Ministr . . . did you try to exchange/swap yet?
    Nope, it's on the slate for tomorrow. I had a jury trial set to go today, so didn't think I'd have the time and left the box/charger/other goodies home. Of course, witnesses for the other side don't show so now I've got all afternoon with little to do!

I'm going to try the corporate store route first.
    1) I want my darned 800w in my hot little hands immediately, and
    2) Getting packages at my apartment seems to take two days longer than it ever has anywhere else in my life.

I'm just glad this hasn't been a wasted effort. I saw those plan rates double on Sunday and was perversely happy.

Also, I'm glad the phone wasn't delayed. Now I get my 800w, which I'm confident I'll be happy with for awhile, and I can let the wife test fly it for a bit to see if she wants to do her SERO swap for the 800w or something a little lower-end like a Centro.
    Just an update...

I advised a friend to sign up with SERO before it died, and he did so. Based on this thread I also advised him to purchase the 700wx and then trade in for the 800w once it came out. He did so, one for him and one for his wife. So, yesterday he went down to the local Sprint store, told them he had just signed up with Sprint ( never mentioned SERO) and ordered the two 700WXs and now wanted to trade in for the 800w. The rep gave him no problem, just got 2 800Ws and they did the swap there in the store.

All went well. Thanks MinistrOfJustiz for your idea.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I called earlier to make my Mogul/800w switch, and it was pleasantly simple. From what I've read about the non-SERO exchange process, it was no different than a regular exchange. I was hoping to make the exchange in-store, but the one that said they would do it didn't have any 800w's in stock, and the one that did have them in stock said that I had to do it online. So the 800w in the mail and I have just another day or two of waiting. No biggie.
    Just switched out my recently delivered Touch for an 800w today. Besides the wait time, no hassle at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    My understanding is that you pay the difference between the full retail price of the two units. So, if he gets a cheap phone that has a full retail price of $299, He'd pay the $300 price difference.

I may be way wrong.

At any rate, there's only a $20 difference between the 755p and the 800w, so that's why I chose the phone I did.
    Waaaaait a moment. Just got my Mogul today and planning to swap for a 800w. Right now on the Sprint site, a Mogul is listed as $550. After instant savings, it's $400 (rebate cuts it down to $300). I am - or was - planning to swap for a Palm 800w. That retails for $600, $350 after instant savings ($250 after rebate).

So you're saying that even though I paid more for a Mogul "out the door"/warehouse, I will end up paying *another* $50 to get a 800w?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Waaaaait a moment. Just got my Mogul today and planning to swap for a 800w. Right now on the Sprint site, a Mogul is listed as $550. After instant savings, it's $400 (rebate cuts it down to $300). I am - or was - planning to swap for a Palm 800w. That retails for $600, $350 after instant savings ($250 after rebate).

So you're saying that even though I paid more for a Mogul "out the door"/warehouse, I will end up paying *another* $50 to get a 800w?
    Your mail-in-rebate should be invalid for your Mogul if you do an exchange. So you would have actually paid $400 for the Mogul, and then swapping for an 800w for $350 before rebates, which is actually $50 in savings.

Then you would be eligible for the $100 rebate for the 800w. Since you were planning on swapping, I think I can assume you did not submit a Mogul mail-in-rebate.
    Oh, whew. So when they say "retail price" they mean the price you pay after taking into account you're shackling yourself for two years and not the "full regular price" you were to pay if you just wanted to get the phone without any entanglements with them? That's a relief. And yeah, I definitely didn't submit a rebate yet; I put those rebate things there, because... I'm an *****
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Oh, whew. So when they say "retail price" they mean the price you pay after taking into account you're shackling yourself for two years and not the "full regular price" you were to pay if you just wanted to get the phone without any entanglements with them? That's a relief. And yeah, I definitely didn't submit a rebate yet; I put those rebate things there, because... I'm an *****
    I think you have it.

On the Sprint site, "Regular price" is the price you would pay without any contracts or savings. Then you subtract the "Instant savings" if you are signing up for a 2-year contract. For the 800w this adds up to $350 ($399 for the Mogul).

Finally, after you get your phone, you can submit a mail-in-rebate for another $100 in savings. This adds up to $250 in the end for the 800w ($299 for the Mogul).
    Wait, so wouldn't MinistrOfJustiz (way back in the first post of the thread) need to pay $50 and not $20 to go from a 755p to 800w, as for a 755p regular price (580) minus instant savings (280) is $300, and for the 800w regular price (600) minus instant savings (250) is $350? That's what's throwing me off: MinistrOfJustiz is saying that he needs to pay a difference of $20, which I can only reach if I compare the regular prices.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Wait, so wouldn't MinistrOfJustiz (way back in the first post of the thread) need to pay $50 and not $20 to go from a 755p to 800w, as for a 755p regular price (580) minus instant savings (280) is $300, and for the 800w regular price (600) minus instant savings (250) is $350? That's what's throwing me off: MinistrOfJustiz is saying that he needs to pay a difference of $20, which I can only reach if I compare the regular prices.
    Well, if he ordered the phones without a contract then yes, he would only be paying a difference of $20. But it doesn't look like that's the case. He should have to pay $50 more.

Of course, Sprint does mess up sometimes, they may mistakenly give him the $280 discount from the 755p instead of the $250 discount for the 800w. For me personally, I was charged $579-$280 for my 800w when I did my exchange. So I will end up paying $200 for my 800w after the rebate.
    Last edited by tli415; 07/16/2008 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    For me personally, I was charged $579-$280 for my 800w when I did my exchange. So I am will end up paying $200 for my 800w.
    $579 - $280 = $299

???

Lost again... maybe this will all make sense tomorrow morning =/
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    $579 - $280 = $299

???

Lost again... maybe this will all make sense tomorrow morning =/
    Well, after the mail-in-rebate.

I'm gonna turn in too. Good night, and goodluck with your exchange.
    Well, it turns out that I'm not so lucky. Tried to swap phones at the store in Dublin. The lady immediately noticed the "SERO 6.15 Rebate Flyer" listed on the packing slip (GRRR, stupid warehouse for being so detailed about the package contents) and told me that unfortunately they couldn't handle device swaps on employee accounts and that I had to call the employee line.

So I called the employee line and Nietzsche answered... at least that's what it sounded like when she said her name. Anyways, apparently while I could request a return kit, I had to call TeleSales in order to order a replacement phone. She promptly gave me the number for Reynolds-DeWalt Printing in Bedford, Massachusetts.

Anyway, to make a much longer story short, TeleSales passed me along to Sprint Order Support... ah, SOS indeed. Finally got an 800w ordered, and it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Now I just have to resist playing with the Mogul...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Well, it turns out that I'm not so lucky. Tried to swap phones at the store in Dublin. The lady immediately noticed the "SERO 6.15 Rebate Flyer" listed on the packing slip (GRRR, stupid warehouse for being so detailed about the package contents) and told me that unfortunately they couldn't handle device swaps on employee accounts and that I had to call the employee line.

So I called the employee line and Nietzsche answered... at least that's what it sounded like when she said her name. Anyways, apparently while I could request a return kit, I had to call TeleSales in order to order a replacement phone. She promptly gave me the number for Reynolds-DeWalt Printing in Bedford, Massachusetts.

Anyway, to make a much longer story short, TeleSales passed me along to Sprint Order Support... ah, SOS indeed. Finally got an 800w ordered, and it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Now I just have to resist playing with the Mogul...
    I had my rep place a note on my account for an in-store exchange. The rep tried to deny that he couldn't do the exchange so I called Sprint customer service and they basically forced him to do it. It even says at Sprint.com that you should be able to take web or phone orders to the store for an exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    I had my rep place a note on my account for an in-store exchange. The rep tried to deny that he couldn't do the exchange so I called Sprint customer service and they basically forced him to do it. It even says at Sprint.com that you should be able to take web or phone orders to the store for an exchange.
    WHERE on the Sprint site does it say that?

Might be useful in the future.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremecinema View Post
    WHERE on the Sprint site does it say that?

Might be useful in the future.
    Here

Devices purchased via Sprint.com or by Phone:

Returns for Employee Advantage Club and Business customers are not supported in corporate-owned Sprint stores.
    Steps:
    Verify your eligibility to return to a retail store by calling 866-789-8292 Monday - Friday from 8 am to 11 pm Eastern.
    Go to your nearest corporate-owned Sprint store.
    While at the store, the following items will need to be presented:
    The like new device in the original box with all components and materials.
    A photocopy of the original packing slip.
    A state issued photo ID or driver's license.
    The purchasing credit card (if applicable). Please note that only the person whose name appears on the purchasing credit card can return the item to the store.

Click here for the store locator to find the nearest corporate-owned Sprint store.

Returns made to a corporate-owned Sprint store will be credited when you return your device to the store.
    When you guys exchanged it, how was the credit done?

I was charged $303 or so for my Curve alhtough the invoice said 279.99 (I assume that it as tax).

Will the store give me the full amount I paid or what the invoice said. If it's the latter it would TRULY suck since I'd be taxed twice.
    A little too late for me, then
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast