1.    #1  
    My Nokia BH200 headset will no longer hold a charge and I would appreciate advice on a new model for my Treo 750.
    When I was shopping for a headset 2 years ago, I found that several models were uncomfortable on my earlobe.
    My only use will be voice in my car or while walking.
    Clarity (both incoming and outgoing) and sufficient volume are very important.
    A window might be open or the air conditioning might be on in the car.
    Music is not a concern.
    Reliable voice command is also very important.
    Lastly, I do not want to worry about readjusting the headset frequently.

Thank you in advance for all suggestions.
    Regards,

Allan C.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have tried the Motorola H700 and was disapointed, people claimed my voice was muffled, also it didn't seem that secure and swung away from my head if I tilted my head.

I swapped it for a Blueant Z9 which is brilliant, very clear at my end and people have said they were glad I had binned that bloody gadget (H700), they didn't realize I was still using a headset.

If ear bud size is important the new Z9i has 2 different size ear buds and what might be better/improved ear clip/hook, the Z9i wasn't available in Australia at the time I bought the Z9.

Good luck hope this helps.
    Last edited by bille; 07/04/2008 at 09:47 AM.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The Jawbone 2 is getting rave reviews. I have the earlier version and it works well. See also this recent Wired comparison.
    Another vote for the Z9. I had a Plantronics Discovery 645, and my wife had the Discovery 655. My 645 stopped holding a charge, so I decided on the Z9. My wife liked it so much, she bought one, even though her 655 worked fine.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    II swapped it for a Blueant Z9 which is brilliant, very clear at my end and people have said they were glad I had binned that bloody gadget (H700), they didn't realize I was still using a headset.

If ear bud size is important the new Z9i has 2 different size ear buds and what might be better/improved ear clip/hook, the Z9i wasn't available in Australia at the time I bought the Z9.

Good luck hope this helps.
    I bought the Z9I tonight and am charging it for the first time.
    There seems to be a lot of functionality built into the three buttons (or some combination).
    Possibly too many?
    Also, holding the 'wrong' button down or the wrong length of time can have some bad side affects
    I can't see myself putting my reading glasses on and checking out the quick reference card when driving the car.
    However, the main priorities are the clarity, volume and reliablity.
    I am very eager to test out my new headset.
    Thanks to all who recommended this unit.
    Regards,

Allan C.