1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm running a Sprint 700wx with upgraded WM6 rom and today while trying to install a dialpad skin my incoming call alerts have gone silent.

I can choose any alert I like in the sounds and notification tabs and they play just fine, but when I get a call I get nothing.

Notifications for everything else are just fine.

Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by griffindodd View Post
    Hi all,

I'm running a Sprint 700wx with upgraded WM6 rom and today while trying to install a dialpad skin my incoming call alerts have gone silent.

I can choose any alert I like in the sounds and notification tabs and they play just fine, but when I get a call I get nothing.

Notifications for everything else are just fine.

Joel
    Try hard resetting and see if it still happens.

Sounds like something you installed messed it up.

Which ROM did you use? There are at last 6 WM6 Rom's that I'm aware of.
  3.    #3  
    Hey ebag, I used testing 2.

Loving it so far but a hard reset is going to kill a bunch of work I have done on customizing everything, I have to find a way to fix this without nuking the whole thing.
  4.    #4  
    WOnder if disabling the active call today plugin could do this.
    Hey ebag, I used testing 2.

Loving it so far but a hard reset is going to kill a bunch of work I have done on customizing everything, I have to find a way to fix this without nuking the whole thing.
    Nab Sprite Backup and back everything up.

WOnder if disabling the active call today plugin could do this.
    It's possible. I still am leaning towards a program conflict however.
  6.    #6  
    Nope, I turned it back on and still nothing.

Also noticed that there is no alert sent to my bluetooth headset either when there is an incoming call, I just get static where the bluetooth is connecting but no ring tones there either.

Man, last time I used sprite I lost all of my contacts (as I was going from WM5 to WM6). Will it back absolutely everything on my device? Including installed apps and all of their settings?
    Is the ringer volumn button on the left side turned all the way up? For unknown reasons, sometimes mine will turn off.
  8.    #8  
    Yup it's all the way up
  9.    #9  
    Attempting a hard reset and restore now
  10.    #10  
    Ok did a full backup, then hard reset and full restore with Sprite and still have the same problem, which is wierd - where do you think I go from here?
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    Did you test it AFTER the hard reset and BEFORE doing the restore? That's the only way to know for sure if something you added screwed it up.
  12.    #12  
    No I didn't, not really too familiar with all this backup stuff, I think I'm tracking it back to Wisbar 3 installs and uninstalls
  13.    #13  
    Ok so it seems the problem is indeed linked to installation of custom dialpad skins on the Treo, someone else in the lakeridge forums thought it was Wisbar too, but has tracked it to the dialpad skin.

Now if I can just work out the solution lol
  14.    #14  
    After a metric tonne of searching I think I have found the real root of the problem. Seems it is a bug in WM6 where choosing vibrate or silence in ringtones completely kills ringtone volume and just going back to normal does not restore it...

http://www.asktheadmin.com/2007/07/s...wm6-tip-1.html

I tried following the instructions but cannot see a profiles folder in the application data directory, so close but no cigar.
    Hmmm...interesting! I'm going to have to look into this more. I'm not sure that Verizon/myself is actually creating a profile...