1.    #1  
    I have duped my self tempting to clone my device and am in desperate need of a telus NVbackup. can any one help me out!

it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
    I've already posted this issue about it somewhere before. when you do a nv restore, the PRL is changed into Sprint. I have not figure out where to patch it yet. (like for the 700p/755p) I think the cdmaupdater.exe has some compressed portions.

Anyway I fix it by using a treo serial cable, ##DIAG, connect to qpst efs manager, then upload the Telus /nvm/prl/prl_xxxx file to overwrite the phone.

The issue you have now is prl, not NV, not radio firmware

To fix it, just dial *22803, and then 'update your roaming list'
    that should fix it
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    when you do a nv restore, the PRL is changed into Sprint.
    Most likely because you can select either Sprint or Verizon with CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe.

I bet if you selected Verizon you'd have Verizon's PRL's on it.

I wonder if you could modify the CDMAFirmwareUpdater to include more PRL's....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I've already posted this issue about it somewhere before. when you do a nv restore, the PRL is changed into Sprint. I have not figure out where to patch it yet. (like for the 700p/755p) I think the cdmaupdater.exe has some compressed portions.

Anyway I fix it by using a treo serial cable, ##DIAG, connect to qpst efs manager, then upload the Telus /nvm/prl/prl_xxxx file to overwrite the phone.

The issue you have now is prl, not NV, not radio firmware

To fix it, just dial *22803, and then 'update your roaming list'
    that should fix it
    thanks for the help. i have a serial cable on its way incase i need it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Most likely because you can select either Sprint or Verizon with CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe.

I bet if you selected Verizon you'd have Verizon's PRL's on it.

I wonder if you could modify the CDMAFirmwareUpdater to include more PRL's....
    that would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    thanks for the help. i have a serial cable on its way incase i need it.
    From where? Got a link?
  7.    #7  
    Mobiledriven.com
  8.    #8  
    Because of testing im still looking for an NV dump from an activated or previously activated Telus Treo 700wx

My NV is missing allot of Data because it was in a out of the box virgin state. never activated.
  9.    #9  
    Im still looking, i wont be able to get my Data package working with out this. my NVbackup is packed full of sprint settings.

can any one use CDMAupdater.exe to dump there Telus NV for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Im still looking, i wont be able to get my Data package working with out this. my NVbackup is packed full of sprint settings.

can any one use CDMAupdater.exe to dump there Telus NV for me?
    If I had a Tellus ROM and a serial cable I'd be glad to help, alas, I do not.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    If I had a Tellus ROM and a serial cable I'd be glad to help, alas, I do not.
    u dont need a Serial cable to back up the NV just an sd card and CDMAUpdater.exe
    Is this what you bought --> http://www.mobiledriven.com/segpsincawip3.html?

Pricey!
  13.    #13  
    Yep, but its original palm, i dont mind paying the 20 extra for it.
  14.    #14  
    bump for a good cause. getting Jugg's data working
  15.    #15  
    bump again