Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Your right, it is the NV and not the radio.

Definatly going to need a Telus NV dump. Can't help you there (though if someone wants to pass me one I'll be more than happy to change the ESN in it to something anonymous).

Looks like I'm in the same boat.

/me edits

I lied. It sat at the Treo boot screen *FOREVER*, then finally started loading. Looks like I'm ok.....
    i had the same issue i nearly crapped my pants lol

i have to locate the PRL in the NV dump and change it to a telus PRL then im going to call telus say i dropped my cell and it says it needs to be activated. since the ens matches my current device the should program it and be oblivious to what hand held it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    i had the same issue i nearly crapped my pants lol

i have to locate the PRL in the NV dump and change it to a telus PRL then im going to call telus say i dropped my cell and it says it needs to be activated. since the ens matches my current device the should program it and be oblivious to what hand held it is
    I don't think you even need that much.

Try this:

• Reset your phone with ##RTN#.
    • Wait 10 years for your phone to boot.
    • Provision your phone: ##MSL#. Use GetSPC to find your MSL if you don't know it. (NOTE: This is not literally MSL, but a 6 digit code based off your ESN. IE: ##123456#)
    • You will then need to reconfigure your data services with ##DATA#.

I just did an ESN swap back to my 700wx. It works!
  3.    #23  
    ##msl and ##msl# dont work

Ebags333: can you do me a favor and see what offset your actual cell # is located in?
    ##msl and ##msl# dont work

Ebags333: can you do me a favor and see what offset your actual cell # is located in?
    You ARE doing your MSL number, and not literally "MSL"....right?

For example:

##RTN#
    Options -> Reset
    Enter MSL: 432015

Wait 10 minutes

##432015#

<enter information>

Save

##DATA#

Unlock -> Enter MSL: 432015
    Update

(note: 432015 belongs to a random ESN. It's not mine, and it's probably not yours either.)
  5.    #25  
    oh lol stupid me.
  6.    #26  
    ok i got it, i have no clue what home NID and SID are so i left that blank.
  7.    #27  
    ok i got it its working just complains about roaming every time i call

Edit: scratch that. not it dials out and dont say its not activated however all i get is a bust signal.
    ok i got it, i have no clue what home NID and SID are so i left that blank.
    ok i got it its working just complains about roaming every time i call

Edit: scratch that. not it dials out and dont say its not activated however all i get is a bust signal.
    You need the home NID and SID.

Try a Home SID of 0, and a Home NID of 65535. I *THINK* those are "autoconfigure" settings.
  9.    #29  
    i looked them up on google and they appear to be correct for telus

NID is 65535 and SID is 16422 which seem to be a telus SID and NID according to a bunch of threads on xda
  10.    #30  
    called *22803 successfully programed and updated roaming list.

still busy signal when call is activated

im guessing its PRL related.

who roams on Telus Sprint or Verizon?

cuz im going to do an NV backup and then restore. im on a VZW PRL right now so im guessing i should try the Sprint one.
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 07/02/2008 at 03:13 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Update: i have it all cloned an working, however i cannot use my data package because it still thinks its roaming on VZW. everything is setup correctly.

my issue is with Telus your MSID has to be you 10 digit number.
  12.    #32  
    Any one ever have your radio refuse to stay on or turn on?
    1. Begin "NV Restore"
    2. Watch for status to change to "Updating PRL"
    3. PULL THE BATTERY!
    Seriously though, I've been running CDMAFirmwareUpdater on WM treos since the day it came out 1 year ago, and I've never had any problems resulting from this method.

This method is needed because:
    1. Verizon embeds their PRL into their CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe
    2. This PRL is forced onto your phone as the last step of *any* NV Restore you perform.

Ideally it would be better to somehow patch CDMaFirmwareUpdater.exe to include the PRL you *want* to load, or none at all. Until that happens, this method can seriously save your ***, or at least save you some time....

(and impress the lady friends)
    Last edited by beezlewaxin; 07/19/2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Add one more observation(.....)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12