1.    #1  
    Octro, Inc (developer of OctroTalk) have released a new application OctroVideo. You can stream live video and your buddies can view this video anywhere around the globe. All you need is Windows OS phone with built-in camera.

Download and install OctroVideo application from www.octro.com. Register at http://video.octro.com. Launch OctroVideo application on your phone. Select the menu Stream to begin streaming.
  2.    #2  
    Need feedback from those who tried OctroVideo streaming.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Sadly, it didn't work for me on the Treo 800w. I had high hopes. I just got a blank screen when trying to view the video.

I am also getting a blank screen on my phone as well.

The web viewer says when it is streaming or not, but still no image.
    Last edited by noahas; 07/22/2008 at 07:55 PM.
    Worked fine for me!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Octro-M,

Since I assume you are with the company that makes the software, any idea when when I run it and log into the website to view the video, I just get a blank, yellowish page?

The PPC application says "streaming" and the website said that the user is streaming, but there is no video. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    What device you are using? Appears that your device is not streaming.
    You may also contact support@octro.com
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Octro-M View Post
    What device you are using? Appears that your device is not streaming.
    You may also contact support@octro.com
    I am using an 800w.

Again, it is able to tell on the website that one watches the video as it will change from "streaming" to "not streaming", but there is no change in the image, it is just a blank screen.
  8.    #8  
    OctroVideo doesn't work with ActiveSync, and this is because ActiveSync doesn't support UDP traffic.

If you are using ActiveSync, please unplug and use your wireless data connection (3G, GPRS, EDGE etc.) or use Wifi.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Thanks, that did it.

I didn't realize that ActiveSync took over for the regular EVDO connection when connected.

Works like a charm!!!
    Looks good, any ideas on the price yet?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Looks good, any ideas on the price yet?
    Wait for a couple of more surprises in the next version of OctroVideo.
    I tried it and its good but its not streaming. just seems to be choppy and like a camera taking a picture every 3-4 seconds.
  13.    #13  
    OctroTalk 2.0 for Windows Mobile - this version now has real time Video Conferencing and Video Streaming. Check at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172708